Defend Your Health Care

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
http://www.usmessageboard.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=108

Dr McCaughey's credentials

The first and most obvious lie Obama tells is

"If you like your current plan you will be able to keep it. Let me repeat that, if you like your plan you'll be able to keep it,"

but

Two main bills are being rushed through Congress with the goal of combining them into a finished product by August. Under either, a new government bureaucracy will select health plans that it considers in your best interest, and you will have to enroll in one of these "qualified plans." If you now get your plan through work, your employer has a five-year "grace period" to switch you into a qualified plan. If you buy your own insurance, you'll have less time.

And as soon as anything changes in your contract - such as a change in copays or deductibles, which many insurers change every year - you'll have to move into a qualified plan instead (House bill, p. 16-17).

and
When you file your taxes, if you can't prove to the IRS that you are in a qualified plan, you'll be fined thousands of dollars - as much as the average cost of a health plan for your family size - and then automatically enrolled in a randomly selected plan (House bill, p. 167-168).

tell me how is forcing me into a government qualified plan, letting me keep the plan i already have?

http://www.defendyourhealthcare.us/images/BILLS-111hr3200IH.pdf

The Republican Party has resorted to outright lies to protect the billions that thelir employers, the health care insurance industry, steal from the American Citizen. From the idiocies about the system requiring old folks to take "dying counseling", to the false reports of required abortions.

These people will stop at nothing at all to protect the looting of the American Citizen by the theives that head these companies.

didn't answer the question did you?

The current house bill clearly states that i will NOT be able to keep the plan I already have if there are any changes in premium or copay after any government health care is passed and that if when i file my taxes, my current health care plan is not approved by the government that i will be fined and then enrolled in a randomly selected government plan.

Again i ask

How can you say that this allows me to keep the insurance i already have?

The Republican Party has resorted to outright lies to protect the billions that thelir employers, the health care insurance industry, steal from the American Citizen. From the idiocies about the system requiring old folks to take "dying counseling", to the false reports of required abortions.

These people will stop at nothing at all to protect the looting of the American Citizen by the theives that head these companies.

You didn't answer the question either

it is a simple question.

the bill states that my plan will be grandfathered but if there are any changes in my plan, even if i am happy with the changes or if I enacted the changes myself to increase a deductible or co pay to reduce my premiums, then my plan will no longer be acceptable and i will be forced to enroll in a government approved plan.

So again

How does that jive with the people saying i will be able to keep my insurance if i like it?

Last edited:
Last edited:

Which is why they want these meetings disrupted and outright cancelled, rather than have a genuine discussion of the issue. Because they know if THAT happens, they lose.

Your link sucks! Three times I tried it and locked up my computer with a blank window.

You should replace your link with one that works for the convenience of forum members.

What in that link comes close to equaling the quals and creds of McCaughey? It's really nothing more than spam, and a cheap shot.

Whose? I tried the OP's link and it froze Firefox, so I looked for another one to the bill. I never got to see the OP's link. I hope the link I offered caused no one any problems.

Last edited:
no one has answered a simple question.

and you wonder why people are pissed at their so called representatives.

I think maybe if your link hadn't frozen our browsers and we could read it, then we could have a discussion and/or an argument. Right now we got nuthin.

Wanna C&P some pertinent points along with the specific subsections of the bill they address?

I think maybe if your link hadn't frozen our browsers and we could read it, then we could have a discussion and/or an argument. Right now we got nuthin.

Wanna C&P some pertinent points along with the specific subsections of the bill they address?

big fucking deal about the links. they worked fine in my browser. if you couldn't read the link you can get the text of the bill on line at another site

will anyone answer the fucking question?

Last edited:
I'm going to assume that your link had the bill and a commentary by someone. But since we can't see the stupid link, we can't answer your question in a cogent manner. And since you don't want to condense it and C&P it here, you must not really want answers.

I'm going to assume that your link had the bill and a commentary by someone. But since we can't see the stupid link, we can't answer your question in a cogent manner. And since you don't want to condense it and C&P it here, you must not really want answers.

jesus fucking christ

here is the text of the bill

http://edlabor.house.gov/documents/111/pdf/publications/AAHCA-BillText-071409.pdf

you can get the page numbers in my first post

do you want me to wipe your ass for you too?

The quotes in your OP are bogus according to the bill, which addresses "election" to participate in the federal option by individuals and small businesses for the purposes of insuring themselves and their employees. It addresses the transition, taxation, contributions, inter alia, but has nothing about forcing you off of private insurance.

no one has answered a simple question.

and you wonder why people are pissed at their so called representatives.

Because you gave a link to the entire bill with no clue where the clause you are talking about is located. Give the page and title of the clause and maybe you'll get your answer...

I read Betsy's spew. She's an ultra rightie shill.

Here's some gems:

Obama says: "Nobody is talking about reducing Medicare benefits. Medicare benefits are there because people contributed into a system. It works. We don't want to change it."

THE TRUTH: The Congressional majority wants to pay for its $1 trillion health bills with a $500+ billion cut to Medicare. This cut will come just as Medicare enrollment increases by 30%. Less money and more patients will necessitate rationing.

The assault against seniors began in February with the stimulus package, which slipped in comparative effectiveness research, generally a code for limiting care based on the patient's age. Economists are familiar with the formula, where the cost of a treatment is divided by the number of years that the patient is likely to benefit. In Britain, the formula leads to denying treatments for older patients who have fewer years to benefit from care than younger patients.

Obama says: "I want to start by taking a new approach that emphasizes prevention and wellness so that instead of just spending billions of dollars on costly treatments when people get sick, we're spending some of those dollars on the care they need to stay well, things like mammograms and cancer screenings and immunizations, common-sense measures that will save us billions of dollars in future medical costs."
THE TRUTH: The truth is that the second most prevalent disease of aging -- cancer -- is largely linked to genetics and unknown causes. It's occurrence increases with age. Your risk of being diagnosed with cancer doubles from age 50 to 60 according to the National Cancer Institute.

The risk of some forms of heart disease can be reduced through healthy living. But other forms are linked to genetics. Shifting resources from treatment to prevention will leave patients who become sick inadequately cared for. In addition, virtually all studies show that prevention saves lives but not money. Eighty percent of preventive interventions add to medical costs. The reason is simple. Most people who take cholesterol lowering drugs or get mammograms wouldn't get sick anyway. Louise Russell, an economist at Rutgers University, concludes that "hundreds of studies have shown that prevention usually adds to medical costs." (Health Affairs, March-April 2009). The evidence is so conclusive that the only people who claim prevention saves money are politicians.

Nice chick, NOT. A lying sack of polo balls is what she is.

*The Link to Dr. Betsy's profile in the OP works, and then navigating to "defend your healthcare" works too, without freezing your browser.

Snippet from Betsy's CV:

FINANCIAL BACKGROUND

While completing her Ph.D., Dr. McCaughey trained in the corporate banking department at Chase Manhattan Bank, and served as a lending officer in the Food, Beverage, and Tobacco Division. She also studied accounting at the Columbia University School of Business. From 2000 to 2003, she was a regular columnist for Investors Business Daily.

Current board positions include: Cantel Medical Corp., The American Council on Science and Health, and The Coalition for a Secure Driver’s License, and the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths

Note how Obama's quotes are in blue, and hers in red........too funny.:lol:

Forum List

Back