Defeat From the Jaws of Victory

The policy was introduced as a compromise measure in 1993 by President Bill Clinton who campaigned on the promise to allow all citizens to serve in the military regardless of sexual orientation.[8] At the time, per the December 21, 1993 Department of Defense Directive 1332.14,[9] it was legal policy (10 U.S.C. § 654)[10] that homosexuality is incompatible with military service and persons who engaged in homosexual acts or stated that they are homosexual or bisexual were discharged.[8][11] The Uniform Code of Military Justice, passed by Congress in 1950 and signed by President Harry S Truman, established the policies and procedures for discharging homosexual servicemembers.[12][not in citation given][improper synthesis?]
Congress overrode Clinton by including text in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994 (passed in 1993) requiring the military to abide by regulations essentially identical to the 1982 absolute ban policy.[11] The Clinton Administration on December 21, 1993,[13] issued Defense Directive 1304.26, which directed that military applicants were not to be asked about their sexual orientation.[11] This is the policy now known as "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Don't ask, don't tell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yup exactly what i said ;)

When is it said the recession ended?

the definition of a recession is when the economy contracts 2 quarters in a row, technically the recession ended in mid to late 2009 as the chart shows.

ChartImg.axd

job creation on the other hand still sucks. but it is not a measure of a recession.

June, 2009, to be precise.

Which Obama policies caused it to end?

none of them. and none of Bush's either. unless you count bailing out the banks.

When is it said the recession ended?

the definition of a recession is when the economy contracts 2 quarters in a row, technically the recession ended in mid to late 2009 as the chart shows.

ChartImg.axd

job creation on the other hand still sucks. but it is not a measure of a recession.

That's correct. We're having a jobless recovery. So maybe you guys should stop bragging about ending the recession.

he should have started a huge jobs project. people should have gone down every block in every city and seen huge signs on infrastructure projectins saying "this projected funded by the USAJOBCORPS" or somesuch. Then it wouldn't have been a jobless recovery. it would have cost less than what him compromising with the GOP on tax cuts cost, imo.

Not really. Many in his own party were in favor of extension. Letting rates rise would have provoked another recession. Even Obama could see that much.
But the other things cited hardly show him "running to the center."

So the only way the U.S. economy can avoid recession is to borrow another trillion dollars every time things slow down a little?

How many times you figure we can do that before we're bankrupt?

The cost of the tax cuts for upper income earners is $70B/year.

Obama blew a trilliion in one year with nothing to show for it.

That's a lie...

He created or saved eleventy billion jobs in 2010 alone...

ChartImg.axd

none of them. and none of Bush's either. unless you count bailing out the banks.

TARP and the Stimulus package,

TARP was half GWB half BHO, the stimulus was all BHO.

Nobody even knows what the fuck "jobless Recovery" even means, that's as stupid as "shovel ready" innit? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ChartImg.axd

That's correct. We're having a jobless recovery. So maybe you guys should stop bragging about ending the recession.

he should have started a huge jobs project. people should have gone down every block in every city and seen huge signs on infrastructure projectins saying "this projected funded by the USAJOBCORPS" or somesuch. Then it wouldn't have been a jobless recovery. it would have cost less than what him compromising with the GOP on tax cuts cost, imo.
wasnt that what the "stimulus" was all about?
but failed to actually deliver

So.. the dems got DADT repealed

got the START treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

i wonder who's agenda mattered more?

but apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

Not that I'm knocking the stuff that did get accomplished, but this tax deal was the thing that will have the most impact and it still pisses me off.

The GOoPers' behavior during this lame duck session does indeed show what a bunch of whiny bitches they are (especially McCain, Kyl and Graham), but they've been this way the last couple of years and obviously haven't paid a real price for it. I don't see the Dems making much hay out of it now, even with their stance on the 9/11 responders bill.

so.. The dems got dadt repealed

got the start treaty confirmed

passed the 9/11 health bill

got unemployment insurance extended

all in exchange for giving a few millionaires a tax cut?

I wonder who's agenda mattered more?

But apparently the lame duck wasn't so lame. :thup:

Oh...and the president's approval rating is higher than chris christie's ... Oops

Surprise: Barack Obama’s Approval Rating Is Higher Than That of Chris Christie | VF Daily | Vanity Fair

how did the repubs grab defeat from the jaws of victory?

and quadrupled the fucking national debt, now your great great grandchildren will get to pay for your stupidity.

National Debt the first day of the first Obama fical budget=11,920,519,164,319.42 The National Debt as of 12/21/2010=13,867,477,082,973.71Now that's hardly "quadrupled the fucking national debt"
Yes, the National Debt has gone up way too much! But instead of relying on obviously bullshit talking points, you might make an effort to be correct and also why not blame BOTH friggen parties as facts bare out?
Ideologues, why are they so friggen lazy and easy to brainwash?

Last edited:
Wrong, NYcuminhisrear. I don't care one way or the other about DADT.

really? arent you suppose to be a moderator on here? :cuckoo:

I gave such a bad spanking months ago that he's still acting out on it. It's the deadly combination of feeble mind and thin skin.

I'm sure you like spanking men, but I assure you, you haven't and won't spank me. and the fact is, you pissed on the marines and everyone humiliated your pansy ass.

TARP and the Stimulus package,

TARP was half GWB half BHO, the stimulus was all BHO.

Bo pissed away over a trillion dollars with nothing to show for it. Now Mexico? Mexico has a brand new 800 million dollar GM plant. That was so fucking nice of you little demonRats. Meanwhile our unemployment is hoverin at ten percent. More than that in demonRat states such as Californication. Nice job demonRats. that's sure as fuck snatching Victory innit?

What about those waivers? Anybody?

They were up to 222 at the beginning of December - double the amount at the beginning of November.

And that's just the start!

Forum List

Back