Deep Shame

OCA

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2004
Washington D.C.
Today I am personally ashamed to call myself a San Franciscan and more importantly am ashamed of some of the aspects of being an American.

When a public official is allowed to openly flaunt laws and the will of the people what is the difference between us and Stalinist Russia besides degree of severity?

I hope that the courts stop issuing and then void all the permits that City Hall has issued and that the people who have falsely been given hope then turn around and lynch the dictator in the Mayor's office.

We are seeing the continual downspiral of America right before our very eyes.

what was the percentage of san fransiscans that were in favor of issuing the licenses and the percentage of those that weren't?

perhaps the mayor was following the will of the people if the majority were in favor?

we have been having a debate on another thread about this I think .....between marriage for gays and a civil union...god forbid...is the thread

I could be wrong, but I believe I just heard on the news that the same judge who threw out all of the objections has asked the attorneys to re-submit them again on Tuesday for further review.

The belief seems to be that he will probably overturn the civil union judgement, making null and void those that have and will already taken place.

Hold onto your drawers, OCA, your nightmare may be over next week.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
what was the percentage of san fransiscans that were in favor of issuing the licenses and the percentage of those that weren't?

perhaps the mayor was following the will of the people if the majority were in favor?

Well I don't have any specific numbers but even as ridiculously left as San Francisco is the majority are, and I feel safe in saying this, against gay marriages although the margins would be much more closer there. The feeling has always been live and let live and by and large it has worked as the gay population mostly sticks to the Castro-Polk district and does its own thing there. But this had to have been planned all along as this guy didn't campaign on this at all.

There is nothing worse than having a taste of what you long for and then having it taken away....this could galvanize the activist...not a good thought..

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
I could be wrong, but I believe I just heard on the news that the same judge who threw out all of the objections has asked the attorneys to re-submit them again on Tuesday for further review.

The belief seems to be that he will probably overturn the civil union judgement, making null and void those that have and will already taken place.

Hold onto your drawers, OCA, your nightmare may be over next week.

Yeah thats what I heard also but this is California, more specifically S.F. we're talking about here so its wait and see. In the meantime this bastard of a Mayor has the J.O.P. open tommorrow in order to get in as many as possible. Hell gays my friends are telling me are coming in from all over the state. They said S.F. INT. Airport is like a freaking gay pride parade.

they are supposed to have one of those rallies here in clinton for gay marriages too. kinda sickening.

Originally posted by jon_forward
There is nothing worse than having a taste of what you long for and then having it taken away....this could galvanize the activist...not a good thought..

Could also be a demoralizing defeat, lets hope.

Originally posted by OCA
Today I am personally ashamed to call myself a San Franciscan and more importantly am ashamed of some of the aspects of being an American.

When a public official is allowed to openly flaunt laws and the will of the people what is the difference between us and Stalinist Russia besides degree of severity?

I hope that the courts stop issuing and then void all the permits that City Hall has issued and that the people who have falsely been given hope then turn around and lynch the dictator in the Mayor's office.

We are seeing the continual downspiral of America right before our very eyes.

You might as well be ashamed of being human...

Right.............I forgot in todays world when you stand up for what is right you are considered wrong and vice-versa. America is 180 degrees backward socially. Thanks for contributing to the backward thinking Bully.

It is so silly to think that to people of the same sex belong together in a relationship other than friends. Its just like going against everything that we, human beings define as just and normal behavior. The notion that man and woman belong together is as common and solid as the notion that man needs air to live.

But on second thought.........wait i've changed my mind, i've decided that I would like to have the freedom to drop my drawers and deficate in the streets and on the sidewalks wherever and whenever I please, I want my civil right protections.

You see the hornets nest that is being opened right?

Why are you so threatened by two people who love each other wanting to formalize an exclusive, monogamous relationship?

The world would be a lot better off if we didn't worry about what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms - or in any other area of their lives.

Simply put, its wrong. Its not that just me says that but everything that is known about life and biology since the beginning of time. Whats next, civil rights protections for heroin and crack users? In order for society to work it must have a certain set of absolute truths and the concept that only man and woman should be married is I belive one of them.

Whatever they want to do in the privacy of their own home is fine but just don't expect that people are going to accept their abnormalities outside the home is all.

You only view homosexuality as wrong because that is the value system you were taught. You view homosexuality as a disease and a behavioral choice.

The scientific evidence supports that homosexuality is generally by biological design.

Forum List

Back