Deep Shame

Have you been talking to Jones ?

Who said anything about religion ?

Tell me this; how long would a species comprised of only homosexual last ?

Natural selection not religion !

Originally posted by eric
Have you been talking to Jones ?

Who said anything about religion ?

Tell me this; how long would a species comprised of only homosexual last ?

Natural selection not religion !

Many species exist that are asexual or hermaphroditic. And with human cloning looming on the horizon, women are going to need men for too much longer.

Sure and why not experiment with cloning. I mean look at our medical successes with the common cold. How about the cloned animals who are deformed or die shortly after birth. Yes, you are right, that is the answer. I just thank god people like you have no real power or say over our policies !

Sure and why not experiment with cloning. I mean look at our medical successes with the common cold. How about the cloned animals who are deformed or die shortly after birth. Yes, you are right, that is the answer. I just thank god people like you have no real power or say over our policies !

Has your sense of humor shriveled up and blown away? ;)

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Ah...So, we must breed for the benefit of mankind? Be fruitful and multiply? Keep th' wimminfolk barefoot and pregnant? Every act of sex must be for the purpose of procreation only? Oy vey! Every sperm is sacred...

Blind obedience to tradition and dogma doesn't benefit mankind as a whole either. But that doesn't seem to keep people from doing it. As I've said before, if an action is beneficial to oneself, another, or both, it is permissible. Does it not cross your mind that the marriage of a same gender couple is beneficial to both? SO what if it doesn't "benefit mankind as a whole". There is no demonstrable harm to society, or anyone else, by allowing same gender couples to enter into the institution of marriage.

Bully WTF is wrong with you.....if it were not for NORMAL PEOPLE you would not be here!!!!! hetro folks perpetuate the human race...If you want to mate with a tree have at it...but dont cry about the splinters....the harm to society would be the death of it.....DUH....Aids started with the gay folks...monkeys dont make good mates...and last I checked an arse is an outty hole..not an inny

Originally posted by jon_forward
Bully WTF is wrong with you.....if it were not for NORMAL PEOPLE you would not be here!!!!! hetro folks perpetuate the human race...If you want to mate with a tree have at it...but dont cry about the splinters....the harm to society would be the death of it.....DUH....Aids started with the gay folks...monkeys dont make good mates...and last I checked an arse is an outty hole..not an inny

Normal...? Hows about heterosexual?

Everything was an option until Thomas Aquinas delared any form of sex outside of the missionary position for procreation was sodomy.

But tell me, how does recognizing the marriage of same-gender couples threaten the survival of the human race? Is everyone going to turn gay all at once? Not likely. But that's how you, and others are making it sound. Homosexuals have been around for all of recorded history, and then some, yet people(and some who shouldn't... ever watch Jerry Springer?) continue to breed like rabbits even when the environment won't support the population. I don't see the human raace in any danger of extiction from that arena.

Children who are sexually abused can suffer lifelong psychological damage. Statistics show that homosexuals are more likely than heterosexuals to sexually abuse children.

Thomas Schmidt notes that "several studies reveal that while no more than 2% of male adults are homosexual, approximately 35% of paedophiles are homosexual... It is impossible to determine the number of male paedophiles, but they may constitute as much as 10% of male homosexuals."

Moreover, even though individual homosexual parents may not be paedophiles, their children are much more likely to mix with members of the gay community where the risk of coming into contact with paedophiles is much greater than normal. The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade has featured a fair-sized troop of children in recent years. Such children - said to be of homosexual parents - were exposed to the obscene content and actions of adults on a number of the floats in the parade

But tell me, how does recognizing the marriage of same-gender couples threaten the survival of the human race

It doesn't !

The point was that homosexuality is not normal, as defined by nature, that was the point I was trying to get across. It is a dysfunction of human sexuality, plain and simple. Do I personally care if someone is gay, nope, could care less. What I do care about is one, people trying to convince us of its normalicy, and two flaunting the behavior in public.

Longevity

Raising a child to adulthood is a twenty-year task. Adoption agencies generally require adoptive parents to be less than about 40 years old so that they are likely to be fit and active until the child reaches adulthood.

Homosexual longevity has been studied by a US research team headed by Dr Paul Cameron, published in 1994. Over 13 years, the team compared 6737 obituaries from 18 US homosexual publications with a large sample of obituaries from regular newspapers. Those from the regular newspapers were similar to US averages for longevity: the median age of death (ie the age at which half had died) for married men was 75 and for married women was 79 years. For unmarried or divorced men the median age of death was 57 and for unmarried women it was 71 years.

Homosexuals had a much shorter life span. The male homosexuals who died of AIDS had a median age at death of only 39 and those who died of non-AIDS causes lived only slightly longer - to a median age of 42 years. The lesbians were similar - they had a median age of death of 44 years.

The contrast in survival to age 65 was even more stark. The regular newspapers showed that 80% of married men and 85% of married women reached 65 years and so did 32% of unmarried or divorced men and 60% of unmarried women. For homosexuals the picture was grim: only 1% of homosexual men with AIDS, just 9% of other homosexual men and 20% of lesbians reached 65 years.

Three percent of male homosexuals died violently - they were 116 times more likely to be murdered, were much more likely to commit suicide and had more road accidents than other people. Heart attacks, cancer and liver failure were exceptionally common. For lesbians 18% died of murder, suicide or accidents - a rate 456 times higher than other women their age. Almost a third of the lesbians died from cancer, often of the reproductive organs.

It doesn't !

The point was that homosexuality is not normal, as defined by nature, that was the point I was trying to get across. It is a dysfunction of human sexuality, plain and simple. Do I personally care if someone is gay, nope, could care less. What I do care about is one, people trying to convince us of its normalicy, and two flaunting the behavior in public.

In a number of societies throughout history, homosexuality has been regarded as a normal expression of human sexuality. It is not a dysfunction of human sexuality, merely a different expression of it. Homosexuality was removed from the DSMV years ago as it was recognized not as an aberration, but as a normal expression of human sexuality.

As for you argument regarding homosexuality and nature, there are numerous examples of homosexual behavior in nature, having nothing to do with reproduction. This argument holds no water.

http://www.saint-thomas.net/html/catalogue/specials/site/pressehomosexual.htm
http://www.datalounge.com/datalounge/news/record.html?record=2079&continuebutton=Not+Now

So you quote studies of animals and insects who have sexual dysfuntions ! I don't care what societies have regarded in the past. Facts are facts, and homosexuality serves not reproductive purpose, which is what sex is for. Tell me what other purpose it could possibly serve, and spare me a simplistic answer like pleasure. Look at it from a survival point of view, being that is what drives evolution.

I wonder how the queers are going to feel when their licenses are found to be invalid. They need to be forwarded to the vital statistics department for that state where they will likely be tossed out. Soon a ban will take place and hopefully a federal ban not long after that. I'm glad the faggots are pushing the issue, this will push along the federal ban and end the marriage issue once and for all.

:clap: :clap:

Among the political circle I belong to let me tell you there is very strong support for this legislation to ban it !

Tell me what other purpose it could possibly serve, and spare me a simplistic answer like pleasure. Look at it from a survival point of view, being that is what drives evolution.

Unfortunately we, as a species, indulge in many behaviors which are contrary to survival, not just of the individual, but the species as well. We are not yet in any danger of becoming extinct.

But to answer your question...Sexual behavior, gay or straight, betwen psychologically healthy individuals serves to deepen the bond between the couple and strengthen their trust in one another. But given the emotional hangups we have about sex in America, it's no wonder so many people are so screwed up about sex.

Oh...And it's fun too. ;)

Let's face it, 65% of Americans oppose legalization of gay marriages. The public wants no part of this filthy activity becoming part of mainstream America.

Where are 2 places with perhaps the largest population of gays? San Francisco and New York City. What 2 places have some of the highest rates of AIDS? You guessed correctly, SF & NYC. Is it a coincidence?

Unfortunately we, as a species, indulge in many behaviors which are contrary to survival, not just of the individual, but the species as well

Still does not make it normal !

We are not yet in any danger of becoming extinct

If we continue on our current path I would not be so confident !

But given the emotional hangups we have about sex in America, it's no wonder so many people are so screwed up about sex

Thanks for making my point ! ;)

Oh...And it's fun too

I wouldn't know, I never experimented with homosexuality !!

I think w said it best in his S.O.U. speech although I don't have it verbatim: "if a few activist judges continue to undermine the institution and sanctity of marriage between man and woman then I will propose a constitutional ban on gay marriage". It will happen too....gays are not a big enough voting bloc and that is all that liberals care about.

Forum List

Back