RFK Jr promises national abortion ban after first trimester—campaign walks it back

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
First big campaign mistake IMO. A Federal abortion ban is not a winning issue. What he said is perfectly reasonable -

"I believe a decision to abort a child should be up to the women during the first three months of life," he said. "Once a child is viable, outside the womb," he continued, "I think then the state has an interest in protecting the child. I'm for medical freedom. Individuals are able to make their own choices.

As is usual from Kennedy, it's a well thought out and expressed position. He's basically saying that after the baby could be viable outside the womb, abortion is murder. The problem is that a lot people are very uncomfortable with the Federal government using its power to force a woman to give birth. It's a tough one that a national candidate should punt back to the states.

Kennedy didn't leave any room for interpretation, but his campaign took a shot at walking it back -

Kennedy's campaign later issued a statement walking back the candidate's words, saying "Mr. Kennedy misunderstood a question posed to him by a NBC reporter in a crowded, noisy exhibit hall at the lowa State Fair. Mr. Kennedy's position on abortion is that it is always the woman's right to choose. He does not support legislation banning abortion."

I am sure the MSM will be all over him on this. I hope he stands strong and defends his position. A frank debate based on his position is overdue.

First big campaign mistake IMO. A Federal abortion ban is not a winning issue. What he said is perfectly reasonable -

"I believe a decision to abort a child should be up to the women during the first three months of life," he said. "Once a child is viable, outside the womb," he continued, "I think then the state has an interest in protecting the child. I'm for medical freedom. Individuals are able to make their own choices.

As is usual from Kennedy, it's a well thought out and expressed position. He's basically saying that after the baby could be viable outside the womb, abortion is murder. The problem is that a lot people are very uncomfortable with the Federal government using its power to force a woman to give birth. It's a tough one that a national candidate should punt back to the states.

Kennedy didn't leave any room for interpretation, but his campaign took a shot at walking it back -

Kennedy's campaign later issued a statement walking back the candidate's words, saying "Mr. Kennedy misunderstood a question posed to him by a NBC reporter in a crowded, noisy exhibit hall at the lowa State Fair. Mr. Kennedy's position on abortion is that it is always the woman's right to choose. He does not support legislation banning abortion."

I am sure the MSM will be all over him on this. I hope he stands strong and defends his position. A frank debate based on his position is overdue.

After Roe vs Wade was overturned, it let red states ban abortion and the blue states to continue adding more liberal laws on abortion.

But now the Left is seeking to add abortion rights to the Constitutions of these states with ambiguous wording that will basically allow abortion anytime and anywhere and without parental notification within these red states.

SCOTUS overturning Roe vs Wade has basically allowed abortion on demand without any state regulation whatsoever.

But if put to a vote in any of the 50 states, Americans would vote down abortion viable infants, that is, if they were not lied to about what they were voting for. At least Roe vs Wade regulated some of it, but soon none of it will be regulated.

But the media will not report any accuracy regarding this issue.

If you are not pro-legal abortion, then you are not a democrat!

Sounds good to me.

I dont know why cult fuck sare so mad that Roe V Wade was overturned by Dobbs, Now they can kill babies at will in blue states.

They should be jerking off over the dead fetuses they create. It what they want,

Sounds good to me.

I dont know why cult fuck sare so mad that Roe V Wade was overturned by Dobbs, Now they can kill babies at will in blue states.

They should be jerking off over the dead fetuses they create. It what they want,
Anytime the right appears to win anything at the federal level, you should anticipate that in the end it will really screw them.

I've heard tell that Woman today are not adversely opposed
to Abortion{s}.And once Popular Icon gadfly like Ann Coulter wrote
a piece last week explaining that Women { a far majority }
on the whole may refuse to vote Trump.A super majority of Democrat
Females may in fact hardily vote Biden based on the Abortion issue.
Meaning that IF Trump expects do do well and gain a majority he
MUST as of Right Now change his view and approach on Women's
right to an Abortion.If not then he most certainly will Lose and lose
big in 2024.The basis of this Coulter notion rests in the fact that
8 states including Kentucky and now Ohio have lost in recent
{ last tuesday } Ballot Initiatives to have the threshold for amending
state constitutions from the current simple majority to 60%.
Men aren't flocking to the pools to vote on this.Wome are.
Now an obvious far majority.Trump better wise-up and
start campaigning differently.

I've heard tell that Woman today are not adversely opposed
to Abortion{s}.And once Popular Icon gadfly like Ann Coulter wrote
a piece last week explaining that Women { a far majority }
on the whole may refuse to vote Trump.A super majority of Democrat
Females may in fact hardily vote Biden based on the Abortion issue.
Meaning that IF Trump expects do do well and gain a majority he
MUST as of Right Now change his view and approach on Women's
right to an Abortion.If not then he most certainly will Lose and lose
big in 2024.The basis of this Coulter notion rests in the fact that
8 states including Kentucky and now Ohio have lost in recent
{ last tuesday } Ballot Initiatives to have the threshold for amending
state constitutions from the current simple majority to 60%.
Men aren't flocking to the pools to vote on this.Wome are.
Now an obvious far majority.Trump better wise-up and
start campaigning differently.
It used to be not too yore ago,men simply dint engage gossip.
A fine example would be the 60's laugh out loud comedy :
- The Russians Are Coming,The Russians Are Coming - {1966 }
With little old busybody ladies on their thick heavy black rotary
phones most the morning ... Spewing Gossip.
I learn't when researching Spencer Tracy after reading a Bio book
on him that he actually was a big fan of Gossiping.
Who'd a thunk.

The USSC determined that it's not constitutional for the federal government to allow abortion in all of the states.
If true, that means that the opposite is also not constitutional.

That campaign is such a wreck

And this is the guy talking about joining the Libertarian party?

I think a majority of the country would accept it, as long as there are exceptions after that for health and viability of mother and child.

Says who, you?
More than 2/3ds of Americans support government regulated abortion. Thus, a federal ban would be a losing campaign platform for the Republicans.

America Magazine
https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/...

Poll: Majority support legal limits on abortion, oppose taxpayer ...

WebA new Knights of Columbus/Marist Poll shows that 71% of Americans support legal limits on abortion and a majority of Americans — 54% — oppose taxpayer funding of abortion. Poll: …

Forum List

Back