Deep Shame

No, I moved it. I must have hit thread when I was replying to the cloning thread.

The evidence i've read from non interested 3rd parties is inconclusive, can't be proved either way which leads me to believe it is choice.

Religious dogma is not the equivalent of right and wrong.

I remember going to a Baptist Bible Study when I was in junior high school in which the teacher said it was a sin for women to have short hair.

I have learned over the years to be highly suspicious of people who are overly concerned with the private lives of others.

In this situation, you may want to think about The Golden Rule.

"The scientific evidence supports that homosexuality is generally by biological design."

Well now, ww. THIS is quite a breakthrough for you. Homosexuality is a biological design, but race is not? In fact,
both homosexuality and race are biologically driven, but because the designation of one as such advances a certain political agenda and the other does not, we are left with an inconsistency. Typical liberal stuff.

Being wired for sexual preference, which is found in all races, is in no way equivalent to the bogus theory that a particular race is inferior due to a predeliction for violence and lower intelligence.

Originally posted by OCA
Simply put, its wrong. Its not that just me says that but everything that is known about life and biology since the beginning of time. Whats next, civil rights protections for heroin and crack users? In order for society to work it must have a certain set of absolute truths and the concept that only man and woman should be married is I belive one of them.

Sorry, but homosexuality is NOT the same as drug addiction. Your analogy is false. There is nothing in any biology text I've ever read saying homosexuality is wrong...Unless, of course, you include those texts written by relgious fundamantalists for their church schools.

As for "Absolute truths" , the subjective elements of human perceptions militate against them. Just as these subjective elements lend an uncertain quality to the "true", they also lend that element of uncertainty to the "false".

Unfortunately, the failure to recognize this element of uncertainty has left us with the age old dichotomy of true and false. A thing is...Or is not; is black or white; is true or false. Just as there are many shades of gray between black and white, so too are there many shades of truth between true and false.

Lest this be viewed as advocacy of some sort of moral or ethical relativism, consider this...Truth has relevance only in relation to that which is good, the good being that which gives rise to growth, well-being and harmony, not only for the individual but for society as well. The consequences of our actions are what shows their truth or falsehood.

william, a post by Isaac proved with out any doubt that race was not biologicly driven...or have you forgotten so soon.... Bully....a persons sexual prefernace is hardwired at birth....I thank the lord he didnt mess up on my wires...homosexuallity may not be wrong but it sure in hell aint right...that said I have no problem with gays in general as long as they keep their lifestyle to themselves...in their own home...and dont expect the same rights as hetro's recieve ....

Originally posted by wonderwench
Religious dogma is not the equivalent of right and wrong.

I remember going to a Baptist Bible Study when I was in junior high school in which the teacher said it was a sin for women to have short hair.

I have learned over the years to be highly suspicious of people who are overly concerned with the private lives of others.

In this situation, you may want to think about The Golden Rule.

Why do you think i'm coming from a religous point of view? Doesn't take a genius to figure out the parts on a man were made to fit with the parts on a woman..........but I digress, I will repeat my official position once more: I am not overly concerned with what one does in the privacy of his own bedroom or who he does it with, but when they decide to go public and try and get rewarded for their wrong behavior and actions, rewards which they already have access to if they just follow the natural route, then I have a problem.

Originally posted by OCA
...but when they decide to go public and try and get rewarded for their wrong behavior and actions, rewards which they already have access to if they just follow the natural route, then I have a problem.

Who, then determines "wrong behavior" is? And what are their justifications for doing so?

If you need someone else to decide for you that two guys or two gals sleeping together is wrong well then...............

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Who, then determines "wrong behavior" is? And what are their justifications for doing so?

well, I dont know for sure but Aids and having your manhold fall off are 2 things I would not concider right

if the behavor doesnt benifit mankind as a whole..ie..children then it is a waste of seed and there-fore wrong....come on Bully...you cant be this slow...can you???

Nature ! Plain and simple ! Taking religion out of the equation sex is for reproduction only, nothing else, nature made sure it feel good so we want to do it, thereby ensuring the survival of the species.

I do not say homosexuality is wrong, in the classic sense of the word, but it certainly is not normal, as defined by nature !

Originally posted by jon_forward
if the behavor doesnt benifit mankind as a whole..ie..children then it is a waste of seed and there-fore wrong....come on Bully...you cant be this slow...can you???

Ah...So, we must breed for the benefit of mankind? Be fruitful and multiply? Keep th' wimminfolk barefoot and pregnant? Every act of sex must be for the purpose of procreation only? Oy vey! Every sperm is sacred...

Blind obedience to tradition and dogma doesn't benefit mankind as a whole either. But that doesn't seem to keep people from doing it. As I've said before, if an action is beneficial to oneself, another, or both, it is permissible. Does it not cross your mind that the marriage of a same gender couple is beneficial to both? SO what if it doesn't "benefit mankind as a whole". There is no demonstrable harm to society, or anyone else, by allowing same gender couples to enter into the institution of marriage.

Originally posted by eric
Nature ! Plain and simple ! Taking religion out of the equation sex is for reproduction only, nothing else, nature made sure it feel good so we want to do it, thereby ensuring the survival of the species.

I do not say homosexuality is wrong, in the classic sense of the word, but it certainly is not normal, as defined by nature !

Homosexual behavior does occur in nature...Believe it.

Forum List

Back