Death penalty is wrong

Of course, I suppose it doesn't matter to any of you that Jarvis didn't kill the guard. Jarvis was in a prison gang.

That's how you survive in San Quentin.

Of course, I suppose it doesn't matter to any of you that Jarvis didn't kill the guard. Jarvis was in a prison gang.

I did say that he should have received LWOP.

You survive in prison by helping kill a guard?

The publishing company, which published Finding Freedom, by Jarvis Masters is Padma Publishing, a non-profit. Padma Publishing is local, and I can talk to them directly on Monday.

It is directly connected to my Buddhist Center.

Here is another article about his first book:
http://www.globalbuddhism.org/6/cunnell05.htm

Link please? It is a subsidiary of Chagdud Gonpa Foundation a nonprofit, Padma Publishing as is Tibetan Treasures
a for profit and uses the funds to support and I quote;

The Mahakaruna Foundation which supports

The Mahakaruna Foundation works to assist the old, sick, undernourished and undereducated peoples of Buddhist Asia, and to help preserve the ancient Buddhist heritage and culture of Tibet.

Chagdud Gonpa North America

I have nothing against these peoples of Asia however the family of this slain man shold receive the mony before another country does.

You survive in prison by alligning yourself with someone powerful. Frequently, that's a gang.

Gang's have blood oaths. Jarvis didn't follow gang command, so he was set up to take the fall.

You survive in prison by alligning yourself with someone powerful. Frequently, that's a gang.

Gang's have blood oaths. Jarvis didn't follow gang command, so he was set up to take the fall.

He didn't make the knife? Someone else did?

An excuse for everything! Its okay he planned to kill a guard and make and pass along the shank he was in gang to survive in prison. GMAB! He put himself in prison because he committed many armed robberies!

The publishing company, which published Finding Freedom, by Jarvis Masters is Padma Publishing, a non-profit. Padma Publishing is local, and I can talk to them directly on Monday.

It is directly connected to my Buddhist Center.

Non-profits make money.

I bet Padma Publishing has been sending checks to the Birchfield family.

Unless they are hiding behind the non-profit label.

Quite just like the Catholic Church is a nonprofit it makes billions every year. As does the Jehovah Witnesses!

Roman Catholic Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CaféAuLait;1071675 said:

An excuse for everything! Its okay he planned to kill a guard and make and pass along the shank he was in gang to survive in prison. GMAB! He put himself in prison because he committed many armed robberies!

Shame on you for pointing THAT out. :eusa_whistle:

Are you generally this negative about religious organizations, cafe?

I'd love for people to really take a look at Jarvis' case. I don't think he cares about whether he is ever released but he does not deserve to die. I do not support the death penalty--and it was unfairly and unevenly applied in the case of the murder of Officer Burchfield. They did not sentence the spear man or the man who ordered the hit to death.

The question of Jarvis' guilt or innocence is another topic.

Last edited:

he'll be dead soon, right?
save the liver.

CaféAuLait;1071675 said:
An excuse for everything! Its okay he planned to kill a guard and make and pass along the shank he was in gang to survive in prison. GMAB! He put himself in prison because he committed many armed robberies![/QUOTE]

That is true. He admits it. It is his good karma that he was convicted of a crime he did not committ.

Last edited:
Are you generally this negative about religious organizations, cafe?

I'd love for people to really take a look at Jarvis' case. I don't think he cares about whether he is ever released but he does not deserve to die. I do not support the death penalty--and it was unfairly and unevenly applied in the case of the murder of Officer Burchfield. They did not sentence the spear man or the man who ordered the hit to death.

The question of Jarvis' guilt or innocence is another topic.

I was not being negative about the Catholics or the JWs I was merely pointing out you can call them nonprofit but they make a lot of money.

You made the false claim that Padma Publishing was nonprofit-- it is for profit but a subsidiary of a non profit the same was subsidiaries of the Catholic Church make money for charity.

Tell me why this family is not receiving the profits but people in a another country are? Why hasn’t he designated the money to go to the mans 5 children and his wife since he is so enlightened?

As far as the death penalty in this case 2 got it and the third did not because of the jury wavering on his guilt. The judge REVERSED the death penalty because of the one boys age but Jarvis got the death penalty because he was older AND because of his violent past.

Again all this from a Buddhist Site.

Part of Jarvis’s story from Global Buddhism no less

At the age of seventeen Masters was released from the California Youth Authority and immediately carried out a succession of armed robberies until, at age nineteen, he was sent to San Quentin in 1981, where he fell in with a prison gang. In 1985, a prison guard named Sergeant Howell D. Burchfield was stabbed and killed on the second tier of a cellblock while Masters was locked in his cell on the fourth tier. Three men were tried for the murder. Andre Johnson was accused of killing Burchfield, Lawrence Woodard of planning the murder with other gang members and ordering the killing, while Masters was accused of planning the murder with Woodard and Johnson and of sharpening and passing along the weapon used in the killing.

All three were convicted. The jury recommended that Johnson receive the death penalty but the trial judge reduced the sentence to life without parole because of Johnson's youth (he was twenty-one), and because of his minor criminal record. Woodard was also given life without parole after the jury were unable to reach a verdict. Masters, because of his criminal history and violent background, and although he was just two years older than Johnson, was sentenced to die in the gas chamber, and he was sent to Death Row, where he remains.
( emphasis added)

Research Article- Offermanns- JGB Volume 6

Poor poor baby has a TV in his cell along with a radio and OMG roaches and the smell of urine. Angels cried.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Freedom-Writings-Death-Row/dp/188184708X#reader]Amazon.com: Finding Freedom: Writings from Death Row: Jarvis Jay Masters: Books[/ame]

Forum List

Back