Dead Car Brands/Companies

This beauty was at a car show I went to last weekend:

View attachment 729522

It was being offered for sale, too! Just a cool $249,000 and it could be yours!

It's actually a Road Runner.

If you look on the back wing, you can make out the cartoon "Road Runner" on it...

Hilarity will ensue, if Coyote's attention is called to it.

Coyote_011810043077b214de0c281d679e39fd.jpg

Funny. That's what the designer said when asked...

Here's the article I read in 2016:

Well, shit, there ya' go.

Honest to God, I'd always heard it was because, since the designers mounted the supports to the fenders, it was to allow the trunk to open. In my defense, I was told that by both Wayne Carini and John Kraman.

I learned something here today...

Well, shit, there ya' go.

Honest to God, I'd always heard it was because, since the designers mounted the supports to the fenders, it was to allow the trunk to open. In my defense, I was told that by both Wayne Carini and John Kraman.

I learned something here today...

I used to think the very same thing.

Getting the trunk into clean air makes more sense than the trunk opening. Because, if you think about it (and watch wind tunnel testing), the air behind the rear window would be turbulent (i.e. "dirty" air), meaning that the spoiler wouldn't work as well, and might even cause additional drag.

Getting the trunk into clean air makes more sense than the trunk opening. Because, if you think about it (and watch wind tunnel testing), the air behind the rear window would be turbulent (i.e. "dirty" air), meaning that the spoiler wouldn't work as well, and might even cause additional drag.

Actually, I don't think the trunk's goin' anywhere!

I think you meant to say "spoiler" or "wing"...

There certainly are a number of old brands like that, that still exist in some form, very disconnected from their original history. Vivitar comes to mind, and Curtis Mathes.

The vehicles now bearing the Willys name, are, in fact, legitimate descendants of the original Willys Jeep,.
Of course. The current Wrangler even has a Willys trim package. But they are completely different vehicles. Willys Jeeps are super utilitarian and not all that fun to drive on road.

Forum List

Back