Car sales direct to consumer stopped in Florida

You're an idiot. I worked at a dealership and had to fix a tranny on a new car with 29 miles on it. You know nothing.

Thanks. After I have supported you for years. I repeat, normal working people living a regular life in an APT or small house have no time (or space) for that BS. Learn to live a little. Go buy some takeout at least. My trannys hold up.

I disagree with DeSantis on this subject. Citizens have been stopped from ordering from auto manufacturers what I want unless it is through a Dealership. There is also a federal bill trying to force consumers to stop fixing their own cars and requiring them to be fixed by the manufacturer.
/----/ "There is also a federal bill trying to force consumers to stop fixing their own cars and requiring them to be fixed by the manufacturer."
No, it's the opposite. It's called Right to Repair. You will be able to get your car fixed by a local mechanic.

Thanks. After I have supported you for years. I repeat, normal working people living a regular life in an APT or small house have no time (or space) for that BS. Learn to live a little. Go buy some takeout at least. My trannys hold up.
You're a liar.

You're a liar.

Its OK. I forgive you. You're a top ten funny poster. P.S. never a bad tranny needed any fixing on the dining room table. Bet the old lady must luvs dem som Mikey on the tranny in the house to save $55? Nobody got time fo dat!

Last edited:

Another article on the federal bill. It states its passage is uncertain due to heavy corporation lobbying because of lost profits.

Its OK. I forgive you. You're a top ten funny poster. P.S. never a bad tranny needed any fixing on the dining room table. Bet the old lady must luvs dem som Mikey on the tranny in the house to save $55? Nobody got time fo dat!
You are a fool.

You are an idiot.

You are an idiot.

But a good car. Maintain it. Keep it spotless. Go 225K and give it ti a poor kid. Learn to play chess, watch netscape, take a walk, get a dog, get takeout. Nobody needs that pile of scrap in the house of Adults? Oil every 5K, trans fluid at 36K. Hope that helps. Oh yeah, use at least partial synthetic.

What about those who do have a clue like me?

There should be a test given, with the drivers license exam, about basic vehicle repair and maintenance.
If you pass it, you get an emblem on your DL that allows you to work on your own vehicle.
If not, you don't get the emblem and aren't allowed.
$5,000.00 fine and 30 days in jail for working on your own vehicle if you don't know how.

I've watched tons of these mechanics videos on Youtube of fuktards who literally destroy their vehicles and turn them into deathmobiles.
Not just for THEM, but for everybody else on the roads!! They need to be stopped.

I also think mechanics should be made, by law, to report these drivers and their vehicles.

I disagree with DeSantis on this subject. Citizens have been stopped from ordering from auto manufacturers what I want unless it is through a Dealership. There is also a federal bill trying to force consumers to stop fixing their own cars and requiring them to be fixed by the manufacturer.
DuhSantis is owned.

The Florida law is a boon to dealers, who overwhelmingly favored it: The Florida Automobile Dealers Association (FADA), which was involved in drafting the legislation, released an issue brief in February supporting the bill. It cited up-and-coming electric vehicle (E.V.) manufacturers like Tesla and Rivian that threaten the franchise dealership model: Tesla owns all of its retail locations, while Rivian has none.

But notably, the bill would not ban direct-to-consumer sales entirely: Lobbyists working on behalf of Tesla negotiated a carve-out in the bill that would allow automakers currently selling that way to continue to do so, while legacy automakers would be forbidden.

Funny story, one time I worked at an AAMCO transmission shop and the customer waiting room had a big window into the rebuild room where me and another rebuilder worked. We got to where we felt like monkeys in a zoo, on display. One day we can up with an idea. The other guy had this old wore out transmission case sitting on his stand and he called me over to look at it. The customers could not hear us so we really hammed it up. I looked at it and shook my head, then went back to my tool box and got a micrometer out and acted like I was measuring things. We both scratched our heads like we didn't know what was wrong with it. I held up a finger like I had an idea, went to my tool box and got out the biggest hammer I had and started beating the fuck out of the old case! The other guy acted like he was stopping me, wrenched the hammer away, and then he started beating the fuck out of it. We thought it deserved an Emmy. No one else did though. It was hilarious, the customers stopped watching for a while.

I darned near choked laughing at that story. lololol...

Here is info. on the right to repair bill in Washington. Looks like its bipartisan. 🙂 :thup:

Biden’s NHTSA Just Killed Your Right to Repair Your Own Truck more on the subject. This si an issue we can all get behind .

Doesn't work that way. Both local Cadillac dealers gave up their franchises because of the cost of new machinery and computers it was going to cost to repair the new Cadillacs. No, you can't use your phone.
Well...yes, you can. Most phones can read OBD2 codes with an app.
of course it would,, all a scanner does is convey the information sent from the computer in the car,,

the car does all the work,,

a low level smart phone is far more capable of dealing with any car on the road,,
Well...no, it's not. You can't update or reflash without (proprietary) software.
But a good car. Maintain it. Keep it spotless. Go 225K and give it ti a poor kid. Learn to play chess, watch netscape, take a walk, get a dog, get takeout. Nobody needs that pile of scrap in the house of Adults? Oil every 5K, trans fluid at 36K. Hope that helps. Oh yeah, use at least partial synthetic.
You drunk?
Sure...........................
The manufacturers will just cancel your warranty, if someone else touches your vehicle.
And why would ANYONE get a wireless Onboard Wireless Diagnostic component/reader?
They are junk.
Bullshit.

Well...yes, you can. Most phones can read OBD2 codes with an app.

Well...no, it's not. You can't update or reflash without (proprietary) software.

You drunk?

Bullshit.
Yes, they are, most OBD2 only cover a limited amount of diagnostics.
Miss fire?
What cylinder?
Fuel injector?
Which one?

Forum List

Back