David Duke On Presidential Bid: "Yes, I Am Considering It"

David Duke has held elected office as a member of the Louisiana legislature.

David Duke has written several books.

David Duke has stayed consistently active as a white advocate for many years.

Duke '12. Sounds a hell of a lot better than Obama '12.

This:
Burning-cross2.jpg

is not "white advocacy".

Did you know that there have been black members of the KKK? Google it, it will surprise you, I know it surprised me.

You mean you are just now figuring out that he's a racist fuck-wit?

Slow on the uptake?
You really seem excited by the concept of a racist in our government....is this new, or did you always feel this way?

Would I be spilling any beans by revealing that that's what made up the Democrat Party?

1. Every segregationist who ever served in the Senate was a Democrat, and remained a Democrat…except for Strom Thurmond. He remained a Democrat for eighteen years after running for President as a Dixiecrat- before he became a Republican. There’s a reason they are not called “Dixiecans.”

2. “The Dixiecrats were welcomed back into the Democratic fold with open arms. Democrats never denied a segregationist a committee chairmanship or a leadership position because of his noxious views on race. No Democrat has ever been punished for making a racist remark….More than 80 percent of Republicans in the House and Senate voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965….[The] record on race, of Thurmond the Republican is pretty good. He was among the first of Southern senators to hire blacks for his staff. He supported blacks for judgeships. He voted for extension of the Voting Rights Act.” Jack Kelly

a. Ernest Hollings, Richard Russell, Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, J. William Fulbright, and Robert Byrd all voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act…and all remained Democrats. But, lest one think that only Southern Democrats were inclined against civil rights, the following Democrats were far from Southerners and all voted against allowing the 1957 civil rights bill on the calendar: Senators Wayne Morse of Oregon (a favorite target of Senator Joe McCarthy), Warren Magnuson of Washington, James Murray of Montana, Mike Mansfield of Montana, and Joseph O’Mahoney of Wyoming.

Got this from Coulter's new best-seller. You might like it.

I'll see your three canned GOP talking points and raise you one "Nixon's Southern Strategy".

There is a reason the South is red now.

Let's not play coy about it.

As for what happened in the past, I could give a shit less. I don't live in the past. I live in the present. I don't see the Democratic Party as flawless. I just see it as the lesser of two evils.

So, you like voting for evil?

Wouldn't this be something to have David Duke go up and challenge Obama for the presidency? At least we know one thing. Duke is a natural born citizen born to 'Two' U.S. citizen parents which qualifies him for Article 2 Section 1 purposes that Obama doesn't meet. Apparently Duke was elected in the richest district of Louisiana when he ran for the House Seat that David Vitter held as well as former Governor David Treen. According to the article, Duke will go on a 25 state tour. He will get support I believe and he sure knows how to scare the media to death and they would surely give him media attention. This will be interesting to watch

David Duke on a Presidential Bid: 'Yes, I Am Considering It' - Garance Franke-Ruta - Politics - The Atlantic

White Supremacists Running for Political Office in 2012 in Growing Numbers - The Daily Beast

former Louisiana state representative David Duke confirms he's mulling tossing his hat into the 2012 presidential contest.

"Yes, I am considering it,"

Story going national:
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-/1?csp=34news

Another thing we know about Duke:

He's a former Grand Wizard in the Klan and a current White Supremacist.

aliens_hudson_game_over.jpg

wait, you're talking about the LATE Robert Byrd A DEMOCRAT who the Democrat voters voted in over and over for something like 30 years?

But he was a democratic racist and that makes it okay. You know, the lesser of two evils and the like?

Dems and Reps, the two most corrupt parties in the history of the world, and Americans still vote for them. Guess that makes us stupid, doesn't it?

I am surprised it took you guys so long to bring Byrd into this thread. You guys are slipping.

Byrd realized his affiliation with the klan was a mistake and was apologetic about it later on in his life.

Secondly, your statement is not fully correct. It should read "Democratic voters in West Virginia voted in.....". It is doubtful that Byrd would have been able to rise any higher than he did due to his past, no matter how apologetic he was about it.

Duke has never even hinted that his affiliation in the Klan was a mistake. In fact, he's proud of it and retains his role as a White Supremacist.

So there's your difference.

LOL, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come up with this lame ass excuse for Byrd. But hey, as I said, you all HAVE NO PROBLEM voting for someone who WAS A ADMITTED MEMBER of the KKK. and no one that I know give two sheets (pun intended) about Duke, but you lefties trying to tie him to Republicans. :lol:

You apparently need a lesson in civics:

"You all" actually means 1/2 of the registered voters in West Virginia. I have never lived in West Virginia. Therefore, I never voted for Byrd. However, I don't find the fact that he was at one time a klucker who saw the error of his ways a lifelong sin.

"No one you know" gave "two sheets" about Duke? I am willing to bet you know little/nothing about David Duke who was the GOP candidate for Governor against "Fast" Eddie Edwards (a corrupt Democrat to be sure, but at least he wasn't a fucking klucker) in a race that gave us one of the most hilarious political slogans of all time:

A very popular bumpersticker urging support for Edwards (although clearly not produced by his campaign) read "Vote For the Crook. It's Important."[12][13] Another read "Vote for the Lizard, not the Wizard."

Louisiana gubernatorial election, 1991 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eight best sellers.

Now, this is an important and illustrative point...

...since you have explained that her books are all the same....

....could you please list which of the eight you have read?

'Cause...if you can't, you've moved even deeper into the 'fool' category, and would lead one to question why you believe you have any basis for intelligent opinions.

Balls in your court.

wait, you're talking about the LATE Robert Byrd A DEMOCRAT who the Democrat voters voted in over and over for something like 30 years?

I am surprised it took you guys so long to bring Byrd into this thread. You guys are slipping.

Byrd realized his affiliation with the klan was a mistake and was apologetic about it later on in his life.

Secondly, your statement is not fully correct. It should read "Democratic voters in West Virginia voted in.....". It is doubtful that Byrd would have been able to rise any higher than he did due to his past, no matter how apologetic he was about it.

Duke has never even hinted that his affiliation in the Klan was a mistake. In fact, he's proud of it and retains his role as a White Supremacist.

So there's your difference.

LOL, I'm surprised it took so long for someone to come up with this lame ass excuse for Byrd. But hey, as I said, you all HAVE NO PROBLEM voting for someone who WAS A ADMITTED MEMBER of the KKK. and no one that I know give two sheets (pun intended) about Duke, but you lefties trying to tie him to Republicans. :lol:

Personally, I'm sick of the reps dissing the dems and the dems dissing the reps when the truth is that they are both scum.

1. "There is some debate as to how much race played into the south's voting Demographic shift. There is no doubt that the GOP tried to exploit race relations to win votes in the South (successfully). "

You wrote that?

"...some debate as to how much race played ..."

You did a great job destroying your own premise.
Means, simply, that you have no proof of any racist 'Southern Strategy."

Yes. Some scholars have recently questioned how much race relations factored into the voting shift in the south. Some feel it was more of an economic issue. Those scholars still don't debate that race was an influence, and no one (save for you and Coulter I suppose) claims that the "Southern Strategy was non-existent".

I didn't impeach my argument, I am just employing some intellectual honesty. You should try it.

2. I, on the other hand, gave you a ton of indicia that Nixon was a) not racist,
b) worked hard and successfully to break the segregationist Democrat choke hold on the Southern black population.

Unless you can show where any of the facts that I provide are untrue....
.....you can't? Shocking.

3. So, you would rather quote the NYTimes? And you need, what, liberal racism 'during the last fifty years'?
To this very day, Democrats capitalize on the fallacious idea that the Republicans are the racists, as this seems to be the very worst accusation one can make in polite company. Anything worse is one of the seven banned words!

I didn't say Nixon was a racist. Nixon was simply ambitious and not above using race to win an election. I don't really give a crap about the man's personal beliefs. I just care about his actions. Contrast that with LBJ who most likely had the typical "Good Ol' Boy" mentality but was able to move beyond that to implement controversial policy that he though was important.

You want to act as if the GOP was the force behind the Civil Rights act of 1964. Perhaps you forget that it was introduced by a Democrat. Perhaps you'd like to forget how the actual vote breakdown went:
The original House version:[12]

* Democratic Party: 152-96 (61%-39%)
* Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[13]

* Democratic Party: 44-23 (66%–34%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

The Senate version:[12]

* Democratic Party: 46-21 (69%–31%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[12]

* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%–37%)
* Republican Party: 136-35 (80%–20%)

Perhaps you'd like to forget who the President was who signed the bill into law? Here's a hint: It wasn't Nixon.

The Democratic party had a majority in the House and Senate at the time. You keep referencing the GOP. It's great that the GOP supported the bill, but they weren't the driving force behind it's passage. They were just along for the ride. More hilarious, you keep wanting to point to the internal strife in the Democratic party as evidence of racism without avoiding the larger point that an overwhelming majority of the Democrats in office at the time voted for the bill and supported it, which ensured it's passage.

All this is aside the point. As I said, the more interesting story isn't where the GOP was in 1964. It's where they went after that. Somewhere along the way, the GOP became a party of cynical exploitation of issues of race, sexuality, religion, and gun ownership. It's completely hilarious (but oh so predictable) that Coulter would ignore this and write a book about the evils of the Democratic party on "wedge politics".

The Left hysterically defends Obama from any and all criticism as if liberals are at war with the Klan! Tea Party has been smeared as racist because Chris Matthews doesn’t find a high enough number or blacks. Well, since blacks vote overwhelmingly for Democrats, what would one expect?

Fuck Chris Matthews. What does he have to do with anything? Can you stay on topic?

Still, the Tea Parties are not as white as Chris Matthews’ staff. Or as white as a Jon Stewart audience. Or Janeane Garofalo’s fans. Or
the white private schools that Matthews sends his children to…think that’s an accident?

See above.

a. The placid acceptance of glaring contradictions is the essence of mob behavior.

b. The longtime NYTimes Leftie, Tom Wicker never tired of writing of civil rights, and racial reconciliation, but sent his own children to a very white private school, and when he retired, it was to the whitest state, Vermont. How's that for real racism???

According to whom? Coulter and her dusty ovaries? Do you think if Coulter had children, she (being the magnificent person you think she is) would send them to NYC public schools out of a spirit of equality? Carter sent his kids to the Washignton D.C. public school for that reason. Does he get credit? I mean, since we are using individual actions to paint with a broad brush, you might as well use people I've actually heard of.

It's an asinine point anyways. I don't find the notion that a politician has to force their kids to be a social experiment to be particularly appealing or fair. So, if that's the tact you are going to take with me, I am disinterested.

‘He has been tagged a limousine liberal by critics who point out that although he advocates busing editorially, he sends his own children to private schools. "It gives me a lot of intellectual discomfort," he admits. "But I am not going to disadvantage my children to win more support for my views." ‘Tom Wicker & Pam Hill: a Mixed-media Marriage Changes Their Luck : People.com

So, when is Matthews going to turn him in? Never?

The racists are the ones screaming 'racism' loudest.

See above. You're posts are needlessly redundant and I see no need to also be redundant.

4. Please quote what you feel is Kevin Phillips' argument that there was a racist cast to the efforts of Republicans. What he belives is that the party became less northeastern-liberal.
And I showed why that was a good thing! And viewed as such in the South.

From my previous source:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

"No Southern Strategy" my ass.

5. "Ivy League colleges do not have R.O.T.C. detachments today. Forty years ago, the military started to close detachments in the Northeast and establish programs in the West and South."
Are you denying that it was liberalism that caused the northeastern Ivy's to close out the ROTC????

I went to Columbia...they cancelled ROTC because of the military's policy toward gays.

My bud in Yale had to go to U-Conn for ROTC classes....he was commissioned Armored Cav the same day he graduated.

LMAO. According to you? You conveniently dismiss the article. You can believe what you want, the research disagrees with you.

I am denying that liberalism had anything to do with "banning" of ROTC. I am denying that ROTC was in fact banned. If you had bothered to read the article, you would have found that ROTC left the Universities and not the other way around.

Not that I'd expect you to know anything about it. As someone who actually was in ROTC (see, I don't have to rely on what happened to "my bud") at a secular, liberal university, I can say I never experienced any sort of animosity for being in ROTC from the students or administration.

So what about Hillsdale? I respect their reason for denying ROTC, but if you are going to whine about one instance of ROTC being restricted from "liberal" campuses (which is not true) then you shouldn't hide from it being restricted from a conservative one (which is true. ROTC is absolutely forbidden at Hillsdale).

The NYTimes article is bogus...

Again, why? Because you say so? Once again, a Laura Croft get up and an Uzi doesn't mean you know jack and shit about the military.

as is your contention that the South is filled with racists, and the GOP had a racist Southern Strategy.

I contended that the GOP had a Southern Strategy. I never contended that the South is "filled with racists". Are you always this dishonest. Wait, I already know the answer to that.

Again: there was no racist Southern Strategy by Nixon, and your flaccid 'defense' of your post is insignificant.

Again, you seem to think you have fiat power over this issue. You do not.

David Duke has held elected office as a member of the Louisiana legislature.

David Duke has written several books.

David Duke has stayed consistently active as a white advocate for many years.

Duke '12. Sounds a hell of a lot better than Obama '12.

This:
Burning-cross2.jpg

is not "white advocacy".

Did you know that there have been black members of the KKK? Google it, it will surprise you, I know it surprised me.

Well, there was this guy:
Frontline - Clayton Bigsby - Chappelles Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

If you are going to claim that the KKK is some egalitarian inclusive non-discriminatory group, you have really gone around the bend.

You can blame odumbo for emboldening Duke.

Duke sees the pure black racism against whites in the odumbo administration and figures, if the kenyan can get away with it and people look the other way, then so can he.

Last edited:
I am from the Missouri Ozarks. So, I am from the hills too. I am sure you know something. You just don't know shit about Louisiana.

I'm going to guess you know more than a little about racism and the KKK if you're from the Ozarks. (my dad grew up in Pleasant Hope...south Missouri is...a pretty unique place).

Duke sees the pure black racism against whites in the odumbo administration and figures, if the kenyan can get away with it and people look the other way, then so can he.

Blame Obama for a former Klucker being racist?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Is being stupid actually physically painful?

But he was a democratic racist and that makes it okay. You know, the lesser of two evils and the like?

Dems and Reps, the two most corrupt parties in the history of the world, and Americans still vote for them. Guess that makes us stupid, doesn't it?
Neither were okay. Robert Byrd's racism doesn't make David Duke's racism any more palatable. Both parties have more than their fair share of racist morons.

I've voted Republican for most of my life, but the responses of many of the self-proclaimed conservatives on this thread are downright disheartening.

Is Robert Byrd the only response that some of the more koolaid swilling Republicans have to this shit? You don't feel mortified about David Duke associating his scary white butt with the party? You aren't put out with the Louisiana Republican party for allowing it? You have zero words of condemnation for this self-serving race baiter?

David Duke is the scum of the earth. So was Robert Byrd. Robert Byrd has been a shame and a black eye to the Democratic party for the last 50 years. The fact that they tolerated it does them no credit. Republicans need to stand up and rebuke this idiotic mofo as forcefully as we know how, along with the douchecanoes who bring up racist tactics against Obama, instead of falling back on Robert Byrd as a defense mechanism.

Why is it that some Republicans' brains have turned to pablum? Y'all are so fucking disheartening. Stop drinking the koolaid, and start standing up for what is best for the party. And, what is best for the party is to vigorously and forcefully disavow ANY CONNECTION AT ALL to the racebaiting fucktards on the far right, including this miscegenated offspring of a troll and a retarded albino chimp.

Last edited:

Blame Obama for a former Klucker being racist?

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Is being stupid actually physically painful?

No. He's blaming obama for emboldening Duke.

No. He's blaming obama for emboldening Duke.

Obama didn't have to do anything beside be born half black to "embolden" the seriously moronic Duke. Duke was hating on black folks long before Obama ever came on the political scene, and having a black man in the white house was just about all it took to send his already crazy ass right over the edge. The problem is...he's dragging a lot of the party with him, or they're already there.

Using racial slurs against Obama only plays into the image of Republican tolerance of racism, and it is one of the more moronic tactics i've seen in politics in the last 20 years. Some of these self-proclaimed conservatives would make Reagan want sit up in his grave and zombie throat punch them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back