Darrell Issa(R) "cuts 'n runs"

He should at least OFFER to offset the MILLIONS in TAXPAYER $$$ on dead end witchhunts by cutting Repub expenditures elsewhere.

What say you?

Issa takes top spot on Internet panel TheHill
After moving on from the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will be the chairman of the Judiciary subcommittee on the Internet, Courts and Intellectual Property when Congress returns next year.

How many "slam dunks" did his committtee rack up? Last time I checked it was....

Of course your investigations when you have the house are NEVER witch-hunts.....

Fuck off you hypocrite scum.
A ringing endorsement of witchhunts?

No, just that both sides do it, and honestly when they are wasting time, the congresscritters can't mess things up even worse than they already are.

The difference boils down to the fact that dems can rely on the media to give them free witch hunts.
I don't know about you, but I don't vote for congressmen to further divide our nation by partisan bickering. I vote for congressmen to maturely legislate. But I see you have the media to scapegoat. And that ignores the petulance of partisan congressmen so long as you don't care about the nation too much.
if you voted for a Republican or a Democrat....you voted to further divide our nation by partisan bickering......yea i know....i was shocked too........

Well, this thread sure died when some folks were asked to back themselves up with actual events using actual facts.
But have no fear, they'll still claim the the Dems are bad as the GOP when it comes to witch hunts and wasting tax payer money, just for the purpose of political posturing.
This certainly demonstrates that some people just don't know their history or willingly forget history.

Valerie. Plame.

And there were multiple Congressional hearings that lasted two years? No.
First the CIA requested the Justice Department to launch an investigation. This lead to a trial which led Libby's conviction of lying to the Grand Jury.
Following that, there was a congressional investigation that lasted a couple of months, not a couple of years.

And for all that you got one lying conviction. Forgetting all those hopes of "Fitzmas" from Daily Kos over the special prosecutors investigations? And those used paid federal employees as well.

The special prosecutor, was a result of the CIA asking the Justice Department to investigate how Plame was outed. The Justice Department got the special prosecutor involved, it had nothing to do with congress. This, explained in my previous post. You can read the timeline at several sites.
=======================================================
"Department of Justice investigation[edit]
Following the disclosure, on September 16, 2003, the CIA sent a letter to the United States Department of Justice (DoJ), requesting a criminal investigation of the matter.[15] On September 29, 2003, the Department of Justice advised the CIA that it had requested an FBI investigation into the matter.[15][16]

On September 30, 2003, President Bush said that if there had been "a leak" from his administration about Plame, "I want to know who it is... and if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of."[17] Initially, the White House denied that Karl Rove, the White House Deputy Chief of Staff, and Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Chief of Staff of Vice President Dick Cheney, were involved in the leak.[18]

Attorney General John Ashcroft referred the matter to the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, directed by Patrick Fitzgerald, who convened a grand jury. The CIA leak grand jury investigation did not result in the indictment or conviction of anyone for any crime in connection with the leak itself. However, Libby was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice, one count of perjury, and three counts making false statements to the grand jury and federal investigators on October 28, 2005. Libby resigned hours after the indictment.
Plame affair - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
======================================================

But the Dems did put on their show after Libby was found guilty of perjury, however it was a short, short circus compared with the two year show of Benghazi-gate. Should we compare cost to the taxpayers?
^ that had to leave a mark. Why is it martybegan & Oldstyle are the designated Repub dirty tricks apologists 94% of the time? :dunno:
its kinda like that Dem apologist Dotcom.....oh sorry.......

Impossible. First you have to have some.

The special prosecutor, was a result of the CIA asking the Justice Department to investigate how Plame was outed. The Justice Department got the special prosecutor involved, it had nothing to do with congress. This, explained in my previous post. You can read the timeline at several sites.
=======================================================
"Department of Justice investigation[edit]
Following the disclosure, on September 16, 2003, the CIA sent a letter to the United States Department of Justice (DoJ), requesting a criminal investigation of the matter.[15] On September 29, 2003, the Department of Justice advised the CIA that it had requested an FBI investigation into the matter.[15][16]

On September 30, 2003, President Bush said that if there had been "a leak" from his administration about Plame, "I want to know who it is... and if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of."[17] Initially, the White House denied that Karl Rove, the White House Deputy Chief of Staff, and Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Chief of Staff of Vice President Dick Cheney, were involved in the leak.[18]

Attorney General John Ashcroft referred the matter to the U.S. Department of Justice Office of Special Counsel, directed by Patrick Fitzgerald, who convened a grand jury. The CIA leak grand jury investigation did not result in the indictment or conviction of anyone for any crime in connection with the leak itself. However, Libby was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice, one count of perjury, and three counts making false statements to the grand jury and federal investigators on October 28, 2005. Libby resigned hours after the indictment.
Plame affair - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
======================================================

But the Dems did put on their show after Libby was found guilty of perjury, however it was a short, short circus compared with the two year show of Benghazi-gate. Should we compare cost to the taxpayers?
^ that had to leave a mark. Why is it martybegan & Oldstyle are the designated Repub dirty tricks apologists 94% of the time? :dunno:

Why do you suck JoeBlow's dick 100% of the time?

If your skin was any thinner you'd bleed to death through evaporation.

and the next idiot joins the party. Joe Blow, Dot Cum, and No brainpartypleeze all in the same post trying to rustle my jimmies, I'm honored.

f52.jpg

371.jpg

one lousy perjury conviction, thats it.
perjury is a very serious transgression martybegan :nono: Same thing as contempt. The diff between Scooters & Clinton's couldn't be farther apart= Scooter Libby (R) [Cheney's hatchet man/Dick's BFF] outed a cia agent (dastardly, some might say seditious act :eusa_think: ) whereas Clinton lied about having a consensual affair that was TOTALLY unrelated to that OTHER Republican with hunt.

I mentioned the diff to head you off at the pass so you wouldn't invoke the rw'ers favorite "yabut" rebuttal :talktothehand: :slap:

See the diff rw hack boi?

The topic of the lie isn't the issue, its the lie itself. and your fellas had bigger fish to fry, and all they got was a 2 year term for perjury.

That's like getting the Son of Sam on a weapons possession charge only.

He should at least OFFER to offset the MILLIONS in TAXPAYER $$$ on dead end witchhunts by cutting Repub expenditures elsewhere.

What say you?

After moving on from the House Oversight Committee, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) will be the chairman of the Judiciary subcommittee on the Internet, Courts and Intellectual Property when Congress returns next year.

How many "slam dunks" did his committtee rack up? Last time I checked it was....

Of course your investigations when you have the house are NEVER witch-hunts.....

They have resulted in convictions however there shit stain martybegan . 32 in the Reagan (R) Admin for instance :eusa_whistle:@CrusaderFrank must be PAINFULLY aware of that for instance.

Lol you have to go back 25+ years. I notice you glossed over the dem majorities more recently.

Care to point to some of the Dems? lol

perjury is a very serious transgression martybegan :nono: Same thing as contempt. The diff between Scooters & Clinton's couldn't be farther apart= Scooter Libby (R) [Cheney's hatchet man/Dick's BFF] outed a cia agent (dastardly, some might say seditious act :eusa_think: ) whereas Clinton lied about having a consensual affair that was TOTALLY unrelated to that OTHER Republican with hunt.

I mentioned the diff to head you off at the pass so you wouldn't invoke the rw'ers favorite "yabut" rebuttal :talktothehand: :slap:

The topic of the lie isn't the issue, its the lie itself. and your fellas had bigger fish to fry, and all they got was a 2 year term for perjury.

:clap2:

4h99OOJ.jpg

4h99OOJ.jpg

So you can't refute the point, and you resort to a word you don't really understand.

Derp.

What say you?

They have resulted in convictions however there shit stain martybegan . 32 in the Reagan (R) Admin for instance :eusa_whistle:@CrusaderFrank must be PAINFULLY aware of that for instance.

Lol you have to go back 25+ years. I notice you glossed over the dem majorities more recently.

anytime Waxman and his troll ears was on the television.

I'd say this was a biggie. Nice legacy the son of a bitch is going to have in the history books.

The ONLY AG in history to have been held in criminal contempt of Congress.

Bastard scumbucket from hell.

"Eric Holder’s stormy legacy includes being the only attorney general in American history to have been held in criminal contempt of Congress.

The contempt vote stemmed from the administration’s decision to withhold from congressional investigators documents about Fast and Furious, the gun-running operation that put deadly weapons in the hands of criminal cartels."

Eric Holder 8217 s contempt New York Post

What say you?

So no, you have NOTHING

On March 16, 2004, at Waxman's request, the Committee on Government Reform Minority Office published "Iraq on the Record, the Bush Administration's Public Statements on Iraq" a detailed and searchable collection of 237 specific misleading statements made by Bush Administration officials about the threat posed by Iraq. It contains statements that were misleading based on what was known to the Administration at the time the statements were made. It does not include statements that appear mistaken only in hindsight. If a statement was an accurate reflection of U.S. intelligence at the time it was made, it was excluded even if it now appears erroneous.

In 2006, Project On Government Oversight, a government watchdog group, presented Waxman with its Good Government Award for his various contributions to government transparency and oversight

Henry Waxman - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Why Henry Waxman Was One of the Most Important Congressmen Ever

He vigorously pursued Big Tobacco and enthusiastically championed climate change legislation. He's been a fierce advocate for consumer rights, health care, and the environment.

Why Henry Waxman Was One of the Most Important Congressmen Ever Mother Jones

Parlaying over a decade of experience as Chairman (2007 – 2008) and Ranking Member (1997 – 2006) of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee into his leadership role on the Energy and Commerce Committee, Rep. Henry A. Waxman has been long regarded as an effective voice for Americans in an era when special interests often dominate public discourse. Upon assuming Chairmanship of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce in 2008, Rep. Waxman was able to translate his background of uncovering waste, fraud, and abuse, into a robust list of legislative accomplishments that ensure fair competition, free flow of truthful information in the marketplace, product safety and additional protections for the most susceptible among us.

As Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Rep. Waxman conducted investigations into a wide range of topics. From 2001 to 2008, Rep. Waxman worked to oppose efforts by the Bush Administration to block congressional oversight and roll back health and environmental laws. He launched investigations of White House ties to Enron, contract abuses in Iraq, and the politicization of science. He also fought for disclosure of the names of the energy industry lobbyists who shaped the White House energy plan and filed suit to force the Administration to released "adjusted" data from the 2000 Census that corrects for the undercount of minorities. In addition, Rep. Waxman repeatedly fought efforts by EPA to relax important air pollution and drinking water protections and by FDA to weaken enforcement of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

Oversight Government Reform Congressman Henry Waxman

I'd say this was a biggie. Nice legacy the son of a bitch is going to have in the history books.

"Eric Holder’s stormy legacy includes being the only attorney general in American history to have been held in criminal contempt of Congress.

The contempt vote stemmed from the administration’s decision to withhold from congressional investigators documents about Fast and Furious, the gun-running operation that put deadly weapons in the hands of criminal cartels."

Criminal contempt of the Repug criminals? lol

4h99OOJ.jpg

So you can't refute the point, and you resort to a word you don't really understand.

Derp.

Marty, you have not done a very good job on this thread, at all. You seem to be off your game.
I've had discussions with you in the past where I thought you did well for yourself. Maybe your heart isn't into it?

So no, you have NOTHING

On March 16, 2004, at Waxman's request, the Committee on Government Reform Minority Office published "Iraq on the Record, the Bush Administration's Public Statements on Iraq" a detailed and searchable collection of 237 specific misleading statements made by Bush Administration officials about the threat posed by Iraq. It contains statements that were misleading based on what was known to the Administration at the time the statements were made. It does not include statements that appear mistaken only in hindsight. If a statement was an accurate reflection of U.S. intelligence at the time it was made, it was excluded even if it now appears erroneous.

In 2006, Project On Government Oversight, a government watchdog group, presented Waxman with its Good Government Award for his various contributions to government transparency and oversight

He vigorously pursued Big Tobacco and enthusiastically championed climate change legislation. He's been a fierce advocate for consumer rights, health care, and the environment.

Parlaying over a decade of experience as Chairman (2007 – 2008) and Ranking Member (1997 – 2006) of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee into his leadership role on the Energy and Commerce Committee, Rep. Henry A. Waxman has been long regarded as an effective voice for Americans in an era when special interests often dominate public discourse. Upon assuming Chairmanship of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce in 2008, Rep. Waxman was able to translate his background of uncovering waste, fraud, and abuse, into a robust list of legislative accomplishments that ensure fair competition, free flow of truthful information in the marketplace, product safety and additional protections for the most susceptible among us.

As Chairman and Ranking Member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Rep. Waxman conducted investigations into a wide range of topics. From 2001 to 2008, Rep. Waxman worked to oppose efforts by the Bush Administration to block congressional oversight and roll back health and environmental laws. He launched investigations of White House ties to Enron, contract abuses in Iraq, and the politicization of science. He also fought for disclosure of the names of the energy industry lobbyists who shaped the White House energy plan and filed suit to force the Administration to released "adjusted" data from the 2000 Census that corrects for the undercount of minorities. In addition, Rep. Waxman repeatedly fought efforts by EPA to relax important air pollution and drinking water protections and by FDA to weaken enforcement of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

Waxman (D) is a hero & a statesman.
user603505_pic42899_1255115865.gif

I bet that was Gale Norton rolling-back environmental regs at the behest of Bu$h II/Cheney

Last edited:

"The ONLY AG in history to have been held in criminal contempt of Congress."

It had nothing to do with hyper-partisanship?:death:

So no, you have NOTHING

henry waxmen is an asshole....he is in my part of the State i know all about this two-faced fuck....and he was one of the ones responsible for helping fuck up the post office.....after he came and told our Union he would stand up for the PO in Congress.....yea he sure did...he co-sponsored HR 6407 in 06.....

So no, you have NOTHING

henry waxmen is an asshole....he is in my part of the State i know all about this two-faced fuck....and he was one of the ones responsible for helping fuck up the post office.....after he came and told our Union he would stand up for the PO in Congress.....yea he sure did...he co-sponsored HR 6407 in 06.....

Ted Kennedy voted for the Postal Reform Act of 2006. So did Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry. In, fact, it passed the Senate with 100% consent, not a single senator objected to the language in the bill. And the sponsors of the bill in the house were two Republicans, Tom Davis and John McHugh, and two Democrats, Danny Davis and Henry Waxman.

As far as Union busting goes, when the bill was passed, the NALC, the letter carrier union of the postal srvice, was quiet happy with the bill.

Please this bill was pushed heavily by the National Association of Letter Carriers Union.

The union loved it at the time, because it shifted the paying of military pensions to retired postal workers from the postal service to the federal govt

The legislation was endorsed by the U.S. Postal Service, postal unions, and mailer organizations:

• The head of the U.S. Postal Service, Postmaster General John Potter, said the new law put the Postal Service on “firm financial footing for the future.”
  • The President of the National Association of Letter Carriers, William Young, said, “This law is the culmination of many years of hard work by many NALC officers.”
  • The President of the National Association of Postmasters of the United States, Dale Goff, said the new law had received “well-deserved accolades” and “offered this nation the best opportunity for continued postal viability.”
The President of the Printing Industry Association, Michael Makin, “hailed” the legislation, stating, “This legislation will allow the mailing community to plan for affordable, predictable rate increases, while also bringing modern, post-Internet era management efficiencies to the U.S. Postal Service.”

Rep. Henry A. Waxman s Record on Postal Reform Congressman Henry Waxman

So no, you have NOTHING

How many convictions did he get?

4h99OOJ.jpg

Derp.

Marty, you have not done a very good job on this thread, at all. You seem to be off your game.
I've had discussions with you in the past where I thought you did well for yourself. Maybe your heart isn't into it?

Maybe because whining about politicians holding partisan hearings is stupid to begin with, not giving me any material to work with.

I just like using threads like these to get my post count up.

So no, you have NOTHING

How many convictions did he get?

Oh you mean convictions are supposed to come from oversight??? Wow the GOP has been doing it wrong, lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back