Dark Girls

I use tan in a can now, too, Dabs. Can't handle the sun. But I used to get really tan when I was younger. Folks would come up to me and start jabbering in spanish, thinking I was mexican.
Sigh. I miss the young, tan, skinny days.:tongue:

Dabs...just for future reference, anything our dear Tank says, any thread our dear Tank starts...it's all about blacks.

And you thank his posts...
Meanwhile, I find it so strange that pale skinned folks tan themselves because dark looks better and now dark skinned folks want to whiten their skin. Sigh.

This is a very recent development. Historically, lighter skin was a sign of wealth and social class, as the poor worked outside and became tanned. Nowadays, we've seen a bit of a shift, as having the time to lounge around on the beach and get tanned is a sign of being well-off.

It seems that the only people who want dark skin are whites. In my 20 years in the military, I traveled the world and was always amused at how non-white cultures feared getting darker skin. Japanese, Korean, Fillipinos, Mexicans, South Americans, Thais. I have a freind from southern India who showed me how the female Malayalam language movie stars of southern India whitened their skin as their national popularity increased.

You would have to think whites are so superiour to be able to convince blacks to hate themselves.

Come on, can't people accept how black folks are?

How are they? Can you please explain? I'm new here and would love to hear your opinion.

I use tan in a can now, too, Dabs. Can't handle the sun. But I used to get really tan when I was younger. Folks would come up to me and start jabbering in spanish, thinking I was mexican.
Well, if you want to know how dark girls feel get a can of black rust oleum next time.

Dabs...just for future reference, anything our dear Tank says, any thread our dear Tank starts...it's all about blacks.

And you thank his posts...
Meanwhile, I find it so strange that pale skinned folks tan themselves because dark looks better and now dark skinned folks want to whiten their skin. Sigh.

This is a very recent development. Historically, lighter skin was a sign of wealth and social class, as the poor worked outside and became tanned. Nowadays, we've seen a bit of a shift, as having the time to lounge around on the beach and get tanned is a sign of being well-off.

It seems that the only people who want dark skin are whites. In my 20 years in the military, I traveled the world and was always amused at how non-white cultures feared getting darker skin. Japanese, Korean, Fillipinos, Mexicans, South Americans, Thais. I have a freind from southern India who showed me how the female Malayalam language movie stars of southern India whitened their skin as their national popularity increased.

Being tan makes ya look more "healthy", is what I always thought. Whiter teeth, my eyes more pale and mysterious. I loved being tan. The darker the better. Fish belly white ain't my cuppa.

What is with this we shit. I have never saw, owned, sold, or profited in any way from a Black Slave. Neither have my parents or my grandparents. Yet everyday I get blamed for enslaving the Blacks. Poet is even trying to blame whites for things blacks do to blacks. My family moved to the USA after black slavery ended. "WE" HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR PROBLEMS!!!

You get blamed everyday? Who blames you and how do they blame you?

Does this blame make you feel "oppressed"?

Weather I feel oppressed or not is inconsequential. I am oppressed by law & government. Have you heard of "Affirmative Action"?

governmentgrants.com
While financial necessity is obviously important; you could also qualify for certain grants based on race, ethnicity, gender, disabilities, and much more.

Who is the biggest benefactor of Affirmative Action?

Well, if you want to know how dark girls feel get a can of black rust oleum next time.

You are in a particularly nasty frame of mind today, Tank. I like ya. I don't know why. But sometimes, I don't like ya at all. This is one of them. So ....I will leave you gents to be nasty to each other and go find a more enlightening thread.

Toodles.

Shit, too funny!! The sun is too hot girlfriend, omg, I feel like I'm cooking just being outside for a brief bit. It's a sweltering awful feeling, I can't take it. Now if I'm active outside, doing something, such as volleyball or cook-outs, things to that nature, I can handle it better.
But to just lie there, and do a nothing...no way.

Tank: Why are you so obsessed with black people?
I like how people get so uncomfortable with the subject of race that they personaly attack me.

You would have to think whites are so superiour to be able to convince blacks to hate themselves.

Come on, can't people accept how black folks are?

How are they? Can you please explain? I'm new here and would love to hear your opinion.
Did you watch the video?

I'm black, born and raised in America. I don't need to watch a video, I lived that video my entire life.

(Sometimes I just wanna reach in the monitor and SHAKE him. NOW I'm going. Argggg)

You are in a particularly nasty frame of mind today, Tank. I like ya. I don't know why. But sometimes, I don't like ya at all. This is one of them. So ....I will leave you gents to be nasty to each other and go find a more enlightening thread.

Toodles.
Sorry, but I got to call you out as you try to compare getting a tan to being African black, as if your tanning to get as black as possible.

ice-t-coco.jpg

Forum List

Back