Dana Perino: "We Did Not Have a Terrorist Attack on Our Country During President Bush

So how could Clinton have prevented 9/11? By invading Iraq?

so how could Bush have prevented 9/11?

Hmmmm?? Reading the PDB memo about Bin Laden?? Not spending 30% of his administraton on vacation up until that point?? Those things would have helped..

Bush was certianly slacking on the job as president.. Where is Bin Laden by the way?? Clinton caught and prosecuted the previous attacker of the WTC and is currently serving life in prison.. Where is Bin Laden??

Gee....why don't you ask Bill Clinton? He had the motherfucker in his grasp, and made the conscious decision to let the bastard go.

Which left him free to plot 9/11 and kill 3,000 American, men, women and children.

Stupidfuck! :eusa_naughty:

she made a stupid statement. Im confident I know what she meant. But still a huge gaffe.

I have to ask though. Why do we care when some random person gaffes and yet overlook the President and Vice President's much more clear and obvious gaffes as if its no big deal?

Dumb. But no ones perfect. Not sure why we need to discuss it other than to be mildly amused by it.

Heh.. They are not lies.. You only think they are.. Which is why you are such an idiot.. Your not even dealing with reality.. The memo exists and Bush was always on vacation.. Sorry your reality doesn't let you see the truth..
They are lies. The PDB did not have what could be considered 'actionable' information. You know, actionable as in committing a few billion dollars and thousands of troops......Still want to talk about that reality? Or do you want to now move on to how there were explosives placed around the supporting pillars of the two WTC buildings as a government plot to go to war?

Exactly - there was not enough detailed information to act on. It is much the same with Clinton. Prior to 9/11 neither the American public nor Congresswould not have supported it. Look at how reluctant they were to support actions in Bosnia and Somalia. No one believed we'd be attacked in that way - we were always insulated by oceans.

No, it does not.

You forget about the Anthrax attacks (terrorists aren't limited to muslims afterall). You also forget the definition of "U.S. soil" which includes embassies and consulates worldwide.

Since 9/11:
If you consider Hasan a terrorist act...then, I presume the "Beltway Sniper" was too.
Anthrax attacks were also labeled terrorism.

A list of attacks on US consolates and embassies

To say that no attacks on the U.S. occurred during Bush's watch is dishonest.

It is as dishonest as it would be to blame Bush. Fact is - terrorism is something we are going to have to learn to live with, as much of the world already has.
You are technically correct in that one need not be a muslim to be a terrorist, but you are being somewhat dishonest in your reply.

When discussing terrorism, it is an acceptable agreement that we are talking about the war on Islamic Extremism. Not just any asshat who decides he doesn't like his boss and goes on a killing spree.

Agreed to by whom? Certainly not by the FBI or the U.S. Government. Terrorism is terrorism. Even IF you accept that it must be Islamic, then you still have multiple attacks on US consulates and embassies. All in all claiming that a president had no attacks on U.S. soil, on his watch is dishonest. Add to that dishonesty, before 9/11 - it's not exactly like attacks on the U.S. were common so it's pointless.
Are you unaware of where you are? Are you an FBI agent?

I don't accept that attacks must be muslim to be a terrorist attack. But to think that when people discuss our war on terrorism to mean that any wacknut with a gun who is pissed off because he had a six pack taken away from him at a traffic stop is part of that war IS dishonest.

But then, if you don't want to accept that people have agreed upon frameworks when discussing issues, I'll say goodbye to you as just another person who plays games at semantics when it suits them.

And if you read what I said, I was specific in saying the Contiguous United States. I did not count Embassies. When we talk about attacks on America we also are talking about attacks here, at home.

Heh.. They are not lies.. You only think they are.. Which is why you are such an idiot.. Your not even dealing with reality.. The memo exists and Bush was always on vacation.. Sorry your reality doesn't let you see the truth..
They are lies. The PDB did not have what could be considered 'actionable' information. You know, actionable as in committing a few billion dollars and thousands of troops......Still want to talk about that reality? Or do you want to now move on to how there were explosives placed around the supporting pillars of the two WTC buildings as a government plot to go to war?

Exactly - there was not enough detailed information to act on. It is much the same with Clinton. Prior to 9/11 neither the American public nor Congresswould not have supported it. Look at how reluctant they were to support actions in Bosnia and Somalia. No one believed we'd be attacked in that way - we were always insulated by oceans.
Yep.

Hmmmm?? Reading the PDB memo about Bin Laden?? Not spending 30% of his administraton on vacation up until that point?? Those things would have helped..

Bush was certianly slacking on the job as president.. Where is Bin Laden by the way?? Clinton caught and prosecuted the previous attacker of the WTC and is currently serving life in prison.. Where is Bin Laden??

Gee....why don't you ask Bill Clinton? He had the motherfucker in his grasp, and made the conscious decision to let the bastard go.

Which left him free to plot 9/11 and kill 3,000 American, men, women and children.

Stupidfuck is right since that claim is pure bull. The 9/11 Commission found that although "former Sudanese officials claim that Sudan offered to expel Bin Laden to the United States", "we have not found any reliable evidence to support the Sudanese claim.".

Stupidfuck is right since that claim is pure bull. The 9/11 Commission found that although "former Sudanese officials claim that Sudan offered to expel Bin Laden to the United States", "we have not found any reliable evidence to support the Sudanese claim.".

Funny, I heard Bill Clinton say--from his own mouth--that he had Bin Ladin and let him go.

Who ya gonna believe? Your Blow Job Boy? or the 9/11 commission? :eusa_think:

Coyote...

You seem to be a decent guy and I wouldn't mind continuing the discussion but I've got to bail

If I don't see you, have a good Thanksgiving. I hope that your family is healthy and prosperous in the coming year.

Are you unaware of where you are? Are you an FBI agent?

I am very aware of where I am, thank you. I also don't have to be an FBI agent to know what is considered terrorism since reports are regularly issued on that topic.

I don't accept that attacks must be muslim to be a terrorist attack. But to think that when people discuss our war on terrorism to mean that any wacknut with a gun who is pissed off because he had a six pack taken away from him at a traffic stop is part of that war IS dishonest.

That is a strawman. I am not using that to define terrorism nor have I given any indication in my examples that I am. Certainly neither the perpetrator of the Anthrax attacks nor Timothy McVeigh for example fit that overly broad definition. Who is being dishonest here?

But then, if you don't want to accept that people have agreed upon frameworks when discussing issues, I'll say goodbye to you as just another person who plays games at semantics when it suits them.

I am thinking it is you who is playing games here by trying to create a narrow definition in order to bolster your own political view. Terrorism is difficult to really define but a commonly accepted definition is "those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants." That pretty much rules out your lone disgruntled Joe Six Pack but it doesn't rule out the Beltway Snipers (afterall, Malvo wrote a number of erratic diatribes about what he termed "jihad" against the United States) or the Anthrax attacks (according to Wikipedia, "The FBI concludes that Ivins was solely responsible for the attacks and suggested that Ivins wanted to bolster support for a vaccine he helped create and that he targeted two lawmakers because they were Catholics who held pro choice views").

And if you read what I said, I was specific in saying the Contiguous United States. I did not count Embassies. When we talk about attacks on America we also are talking about attacks here, at home.

It is interesting you choose to narrow it this way since rightwingers like to use the USS Cole as a means of bolsering their count of terrorist attacks on the US under Clinton's watch. Even given your very conveniently narrow definition you still have the Beltway sniper.

Funny, I heard Bill Clinton say--from his own mouth--that he had Bin Ladin and let him go.

Who ya gonna believe? Your Blow Job Boy? or the 9/11 commission? :eusa_think:

Really? Provide the exact quote please. Are you saying the 9/11 commission is wrong? Then, does that mean it is wrong about "your Chimpie" too?

She is from the far right and cannot make gaffs. She obviously meant something else. Hannity can overlook that. He is probably still suffering affects from the waterboarding that never happened. YOU THINK?
Wasn't Hannity just last week claiming that the beltway sniper was a terrorist attack? I can't believe he didn't call Perino on her statement...what an ass-kisser.

Coyote...

You seem to be a decent guy and I wouldn't mind continuing the discussion but I've got to bail

If I don't see you, have a good Thanksgiving. I hope that your family is healthy and prosperous in the coming year.

Darkwind, you have a great Thanksgiving day with your family too :) Cheers and if you must travel, stay safe! :)

A maistake was made, but those on the right do not seem to be able to admit to that.

No asswipe, we know the attack happened on President Bush watch as a direct result of the dick swing clinton's inept handling of the situation for 8 years, he treated them like criminals just like your current elected asswipe is choosing to do. btw the current asswipe has had one already and we are counting. Kerry ON

Oh??? You mean the situation in which you tied up all of congress and the supreme court and the white house over a stained dress?? The handling of that situation?? Clinton trying to fight a war against Bin Laden and you dick weeds being to concerned about an affair??? That situation?? I don't see you neotards talking out against any of the rightwing trash that got caught with their pants down with someone other than their wives?? Hell you even have one that used state funds and a government plane to leave the country to get it wet..

Talk about a double standard!! But on a side note.. The master mind that bombed the WTC the first time was in jail before Clinton left office.. Where is Bin Laden right now?? That is what I thought..

Morons!!

crying-baby-party-56800676.jpg

No asswipe, we know the attack happened on President Bush watch as a direct result of the dick swing clinton's inept handling of the situation for 8 years, he treated them like criminals just like your current elected asswipe is choosing to do. btw the current asswipe has had one already and we are counting. Kerry ON

So how could Clinton have prevented 9/11? By invading Iraq?

It all depends how you look at it...

If Obama can claim that he inherited economy from Bush, then Bush can claim he inherited attacks from Clinton.

Who says they have to be uniformed. The mere act and subsequent words from UBL had confirmed it. Are you this dense normally?

Remember the 9/11 Commission that stated that AQ and other radical Islamists were at war with us at the time and we didn't recognize it for what it was?

Dig a bit. It will serve you well.

You mean when bin laden denied any involvement?
CNN.com - Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - September 17, 2001

Or how about the fact the US has never charged bin laden for anything regarding 9E?

What does the 9EC have to do with what defines War crimes?

CNN...Now there's a source...eh?

[SNIP]

Under the present circumstances, and under the banner of the blessed awakening which is sweeping the world in general and the Islamic world in particular, I meet with you today. And after a long absence, imposed on the scholars (Ulama) and callers (Da'ees) of Islam by the iniquitous crusaders movement under the leadership of the USA; who fears that they, the scholars and callers of Islam, will instigate the Ummah of Islam against its' enemies as their ancestor scholars-may Allah be pleased with them- like Ibn Taymiyyah and Al'iz Ibn Abdes-Salaam did. And therefore the Zionist-Crusader alliance resorted to killing and arresting the truthful Ulama and the working Da'ees (We are not praising or sanctifying them; Allah sanctify whom He pleased). They killed the Mujahid Sheikh Abdullah Azzaam, and they arrested the Mujahid Sheikh Ahmad Yaseen and the Mujahid Sheikh Omar Abdur Rahman (in America).

By orders from the USA they also arrested a large number of scholars, Da'ees and young people - in the land of the two Holy Places- among them the prominent Sheikh Salman Al-Oud'a and Sheikh Safar Al-Hawali and their brothers; (We bemoan this and can only say: "No power and power acquiring except through Allah"). We, myself and my group, have suffered some of this injustice ourselves; we have been prevented from addressing the Muslims. We have been pursued in Pakistan, Sudan and Afghanistan, hence this long absence on my part. But by the Grace of Allah, a safe base is now available in the high Hindukush mountains in Khurasan ; where--by the Grace of Allah-the largest infidel military force of the world was destroyed. And the myth of the super power was withered in front of the Mujahideen cries of Allahu Akbar (God is greater). Today we work from the same mountains to lift the iniquity that had been imposed on the Ummah by the Zionist-Crusader alliance, particularly after they have occupied the blessed land around Jerusalem, route of the journey of the Prophet (ALLAH'S BLESSING AND SALUTATIONS ON HIM) and the land of the two Holy Places. We ask Allah to bestow us with victory, He is our Patron and He is the Most Capable.

[/SNIP]

SOURCE "The following text is a fatwa, or declaration of war, by Osama bin Laden first published in Al Quds Al Arabi, a London-based newspaper, in August, 1996. The fatwa is entitled "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places."

Try again...

We weren't discussing the Fatwa but specifically 9E. I would like to say thank you for addressing the information I posted but I can't do that until you....actually respond.

You mean when bin laden denied any involvement?
CNN.com - Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - September 17, 2001

Or how about the fact the US has never charged bin laden for anything regarding 9E?

What does the 9EC have to do with what defines War crimes?

[SNIP]

Under the present circumstances, and under the banner of the blessed awakening which is sweeping the world in general and the Islamic world in particular, I meet with you today. And after a long absence, imposed on the scholars (Ulama) and callers (Da'ees) of Islam by the iniquitous crusaders movement under the leadership of the USA; who fears that they, the scholars and callers of Islam, will instigate the Ummah of Islam against its' enemies as their ancestor scholars-may Allah be pleased with them- like Ibn Taymiyyah and Al'iz Ibn Abdes-Salaam did. And therefore the Zionist-Crusader alliance resorted to killing and arresting the truthful Ulama and the working Da'ees (We are not praising or sanctifying them; Allah sanctify whom He pleased). They killed the Mujahid Sheikh Abdullah Azzaam, and they arrested the Mujahid Sheikh Ahmad Yaseen and the Mujahid Sheikh Omar Abdur Rahman (in America).

By orders from the USA they also arrested a large number of scholars, Da'ees and young people - in the land of the two Holy Places- among them the prominent Sheikh Salman Al-Oud'a and Sheikh Safar Al-Hawali and their brothers; (We bemoan this and can only say: "No power and power acquiring except through Allah"). We, myself and my group, have suffered some of this injustice ourselves; we have been prevented from addressing the Muslims. We have been pursued in Pakistan, Sudan and Afghanistan, hence this long absence on my part. But by the Grace of Allah, a safe base is now available in the high Hindukush mountains in Khurasan ; where--by the Grace of Allah-the largest infidel military force of the world was destroyed. And the myth of the super power was withered in front of the Mujahideen cries of Allahu Akbar (God is greater). Today we work from the same mountains to lift the iniquity that had been imposed on the Ummah by the Zionist-Crusader alliance, particularly after they have occupied the blessed land around Jerusalem, route of the journey of the Prophet (ALLAH'S BLESSING AND SALUTATIONS ON HIM) and the land of the two Holy Places. We ask Allah to bestow us with victory, He is our Patron and He is the Most Capable.

[/SNIP]

SOURCE "The following text is a fatwa, or declaration of war, by Osama bin Laden first published in Al Quds Al Arabi, a London-based newspaper, in August, 1996. The fatwa is entitled "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places."

Try again...

We weren't discussing the Fatwa but specifically 9E. I would like to say thank you for addressing the information I posted but I can't do that until you....actually respond.

Typical moronishness on display here. The point zoomed right over your pointy head. too bad the information didn't impale itself for it to sink in.

The POINT is that OBL, AQ, and other radical Muslim groups had been at WAR with us long before 9/11, and OBL is part of it.

That's the thing with you Libs. The information is right in front of you but it takes a Conservative to explain it to you.:eusa_hand:

[SNIP]

[/SNIP]

Try again...

Typical moronishness on display here. The point zoomed right over your pointy head. too bad the information didn't impale itself for it to sink in.

The POINT is that OBL, AQ, and other radical Muslim groups had been at WAR with us long before 9/11, and OBL is part of it.

That's the thing with you Libs. The information is right in front of you but it takes a Conservative to explain it to you.:eusa_hand:

I'm not a Liberal but if you think the 9E Commission defines War Crimes chances are you don't know much about Politics 101. So for the last time, show us where War Crimes are defined?

I'm not a Liberal but if you think the 9E Commission defines War Crimes chances are you don't know much about Politics 101. So for the last time, show us where War Crimes are defined?
Geneva Conventions. But then these terrorists do not fall into that category since they do NOT wear the uniform of any country. So in short? They deserve to be shot on site, bullet to the head. /Story.

Your stupidity has nothing to do with "jibe" or "jive," however.

I am not stupid in the least, and yes. I know the difference between the two. You are the one shutting down the debate with insults. You want a true debate? Let's go for it! Right now, you are just attacking , tossing off insults and offering no particular position that can be defended. I have seen not one thing of "substance" on any of your posts here.

Mr. Peepee:

You want to "debate"? That's amusing. I thought you were the fucking liberoidal leftard spewing vapid shit about your political adversaries.

Wait.

I almost forgot the lib rule: When YOU do such shit, it's fine. When it's done to you, it's "wrong."

Fuck off you sissy, lying, whining liberoidal puke.

With warm regards, your pal,

Liability

Forum List

Back