Dana Perino: "We Did Not Have a Terrorist Attack on Our Country During President Bush

If KSM didn't commit a criminal act then we have no legitimate cause to impose a criminal penalty on him.
Splitting hairs. A lawyer would be proud of the way you couched that sentence.

He has committed crimes. War crimes, and precedence says that he should be tried in a Military Tribunal.

What do you leftists have against Military Tribunals? Afraid the defendant will be found guilty?

How can War crimes be committed by individuals not associated with a State? Uniformed military?
Still trying to apply a Geneva contract on these people?

War crimes are not only committed by countries.

Whats wrong with Military Tribunals?

Splitting hairs. A lawyer would be proud of the way you couched that sentence.

He has committed crimes. War crimes, and precedence says that he should be tried in a Military Tribunal.

What do you leftists have against Military Tribunals? Afraid the defendant will be found guilty?

How can War crimes be committed by individuals not associated with a State? Uniformed military?

Who says they have to be uniformed. The mere act and subsequent words from UBL had confirmed it. Are you this dense normally?

Remember the 9/11 Commission that stated that AQ and other radical Islamists were at war with us at the time and we didn't recognize it for what it was?

Dig a bit. It will serve you well.

You mean when bin laden denied any involvement?
CNN.com - Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - September 17, 2001

Or how about the fact the US has never charged bin laden for anything regarding 9E?

What does the 9EC have to do with what defines War crimes?

I've heard this lady before. You really should be truthful here. They must have been talking about the days after 9-11. The first President to have a terrorist attack committed on US soil after 9-11. Well that distinction belongs to our current President. The terrorist act,well that's the attack on our soldiers at Ft.Hood Texas.

Why should we accept your interpretation of her words rather than her actual words? She didn't say 'after September 11th', did she?

Who says they have to be uniformed. The mere act and subsequent words from UBL had confirmed it. Are you this dense normally?

Remember the 9/11 Commission that stated that AQ and other radical Islamists were at war with us at the time and we didn't recognize it for what it was?

Dig a bit. It will serve you well.

You mean when bin laden denied any involvement?
CNN.com - Bin Laden says he wasn't behind attacks - September 17, 2001

Or how about the fact the US has never charged bin laden for anything regarding 9E?

What does the 9EC have to do with what defines War crimes?

CNN...Now there's a source...eh?

[SNIP]

Under the present circumstances, and under the banner of the blessed awakening which is sweeping the world in general and the Islamic world in particular, I meet with you today. And after a long absence, imposed on the scholars (Ulama) and callers (Da'ees) of Islam by the iniquitous crusaders movement under the leadership of the USA; who fears that they, the scholars and callers of Islam, will instigate the Ummah of Islam against its' enemies as their ancestor scholars-may Allah be pleased with them- like Ibn Taymiyyah and Al'iz Ibn Abdes-Salaam did. And therefore the Zionist-Crusader alliance resorted to killing and arresting the truthful Ulama and the working Da'ees (We are not praising or sanctifying them; Allah sanctify whom He pleased). They killed the Mujahid Sheikh Abdullah Azzaam, and they arrested the Mujahid Sheikh Ahmad Yaseen and the Mujahid Sheikh Omar Abdur Rahman (in America).

By orders from the USA they also arrested a large number of scholars, Da'ees and young people - in the land of the two Holy Places- among them the prominent Sheikh Salman Al-Oud'a and Sheikh Safar Al-Hawali and their brothers; (We bemoan this and can only say: "No power and power acquiring except through Allah"). We, myself and my group, have suffered some of this injustice ourselves; we have been prevented from addressing the Muslims. We have been pursued in Pakistan, Sudan and Afghanistan, hence this long absence on my part. But by the Grace of Allah, a safe base is now available in the high Hindukush mountains in Khurasan ; where--by the Grace of Allah-the largest infidel military force of the world was destroyed. And the myth of the super power was withered in front of the Mujahideen cries of Allahu Akbar (God is greater). Today we work from the same mountains to lift the iniquity that had been imposed on the Ummah by the Zionist-Crusader alliance, particularly after they have occupied the blessed land around Jerusalem, route of the journey of the Prophet (ALLAH'S BLESSING AND SALUTATIONS ON HIM) and the land of the two Holy Places. We ask Allah to bestow us with victory, He is our Patron and He is the Most Capable.

[/SNIP]

SOURCE "The following text is a fatwa, or declaration of war, by Osama bin Laden first published in Al Quds Al Arabi, a London-based newspaper, in August, 1996. The fatwa is entitled "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places."

Try again...

I've heard this lady before. You really should be truthful here. They must have been talking about the days after 9-11. The first President to have a terrorist attack committed on US soil after 9-11. Well that distinction belongs to our current President. The terrorist act,well that's the attack on our soldiers at Ft.Hood Texas.

Why should we accept your interpretation of her words rather than her actual words? She didn't say 'after September 11th', did she?
Will you be holding to that exact same standard with regards to Pelosi, Reid and Obama? That we take them ONLY at the words they speak and not by what they MAY HAVE meant?

Dana Perino: "We Did Not Have a Terrorist Attack on Our Country During President Bush's Term"

Now I've heard of revisionist history but REALLY?

I guess Dana has never heard of that whole September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack.

Hey stupid, she was referring to the years after 9/11.

According to con fav website religionofpeace.com there were 23 Muslim terrorist attacks, not counting 9/11, on US soil, during GW Bush's term.
Link? I don't find your claim there at all.

Huh? Did you read what you posted?\\

RULED OUT, dumbass! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Slow on the uptake there Jeny. I baited about the Anthrax attacks so somebody could say that it was never proven who did it. That way I could post that the Bush Administration really wanted it linked to Al Qaeda or at least someone from "The Middle East." :eusa_whistle:
And what was your point? It wasn't proven who did it (although likely out of Detrick). It was never blamed on Al qaeda. That was ruled out. So, your point was what? Are you stoned?

Last edited:
so how could Bush have prevented 9/11?

Clinton left strong warnings and intelligence to the Bush administration and briefed them on the importance and it was all but ignored for 9 whole months. Maybe if someone had paid attention, the whole thing could have been averted.

President Bush. It is quite true that nobody predicted Sept. 11—that nobody guessed in advance how and when the attacks would come. But other things are true too. By last summer, many of those in the know—the spooks, the buttoned-down bureaucrats, the law-enforcement professionals in a dozen countries—were almost frantic with worry that a major terrorist attack against American interests was imminent.

TIME Magazine: Before Sept. 11 — The Secret History

Good link.....but in fairness to the Bush Administration, there wasn't enough detail to act on - a major terrorist attack against American interests could be anywhere, anytime. It's to broad.

I don't blame Bush for 9/11 any more than I blame Clinton, the favorite neocon scapegoat.

No, it does not.

You forget about the Anthrax attacks (terrorists aren't limited to muslims afterall). You also forget the definition of "U.S. soil" which includes embassies and consulates worldwide.

Since 9/11:
If you consider Hasan a terrorist act...then, I presume the "Beltway Sniper" was too.
Anthrax attacks were also labeled terrorism.

A list of attacks on US consolates and embassies

To say that no attacks on the U.S. occurred during Bush's watch is dishonest.

It is as dishonest as it would be to blame Bush. Fact is - terrorism is something we are going to have to learn to live with, as much of the world already has.

Last edited:
For my lib amigos and amigas.

What Dana said (as she said it) is wrong.

Of course there was a terrorist attack on America by Islamic terrorists during President Bush's tenure as President.

Are you guys REALLY of the opinion that she was denying that, though?

Oh brother.

Not ONE of you is willing to acknowledge that she merely misspoke and instead INTENDED to be making the claim for what hapened here AFTER 9/11/2001?

That's pathetic . . .

of you libs.

You mean like Obama "misspoke" when he said he'd visited all 57 states? <hint: there are 57 Islamic states in the world>

No asswipe, we know the attack happened on President Bush watch as a direct result of the dick swing clinton's inept handling of the situation for 8 years, he treated them like criminals just like your current elected asswipe is choosing to do. btw the current asswipe has had one already and we are counting. Kerry ON

So how could Clinton have prevented 9/11? By invading Iraq?

Hmmmm?? Reading the PDB memo about Bin Laden?? Not spending 30% of his administraton on vacation up until that point?? Those things would have helped..

Bush was certianly slacking on the job as president.. Where is Bin Laden by the way?? Clinton caught and prosecuted the previous attacker of the WTC and is currently serving life in prison.. Where is Bin Laden??

So how could Clinton have prevented 9/11? By invading Iraq?

Hmmmm?? Reading the PDB memo about Bin Laden?? Not spending 30% of his administraton on vacation up until that point?? Those things would have helped..

Bush was certianly slacking on the job as president.. Where is Bin Laden by the way?? Clinton caught and prosecuted the previous attacker of the WTC and is currently serving life in prison.. Where is Bin Laden??
Wow. I haven't seen those lies used in a long time.

No, it does not.

You forget about the Anthrax attacks (terrorists aren't limited to muslims afterall). You also forget the definition of "U.S. soil" which includes embassies and consulates worldwide.

Since 9/11:
If you consider Hasan a terrorist act...then, I presume the "Beltway Sniper" was too.

It is as dishonest as it would be to blame Bush. Fact is - terrorism is something we are going to have to learn to live with, as much of the world already has.
You are technically correct in that one need not be a muslim to be a terrorist, but you are being somewhat dishonest in your reply.

When discussing terrorism, it is an acceptable agreement that we are talking about the war on Islamic Extremism. Not just any asshat who decides he doesn't like his boss and goes on a killing spree.

Heh.. They are not lies.. You only think they are.. Which is why you are such an idiot.. Your not even dealing with reality.. The memo exists and Bush was always on vacation.. Sorry your reality doesn't let you see the truth..

She is from the far right and cannot make gaffs. She obviously meant something else. Hannity can overlook that. He is probably still suffering affects from the waterboarding that never happened. YOU THINK?

Heh.. They are not lies.. You only think they are.. Which is why you are such an idiot.. Your not even dealing with reality.. The memo exists and Bush was always on vacation.. Sorry your reality doesn't let you see the truth..
They are lies. The PDB did not have what could be considered 'actionable' information. You know, actionable as in committing a few billion dollars and thousands of troops......Still want to talk about that reality? Or do you want to now move on to how there were explosives placed around the supporting pillars of the two WTC buildings as a government plot to go to war?

Or maybe you want to discuss that reality where there was no actual plane wreckage at the pentagon? After all, to conspiracy nuts, any reality will do.

Dana Perino: "We Did Not Have a Terrorist Attack on Our Country During President Bush's Term"

Now I've heard of revisionist history but REALLY?

I guess Dana has never heard of that whole September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack.

Hey stupid, she was referring to the years after 9/11.

No, that's not what she said.
Like I said earlier.

Will you be applying that exact same standard to Pelosi, Reid and Obama?

No, it does not.

Since 9/11:

You are technically correct in that one need not be a muslim to be a terrorist, but you are being somewhat dishonest in your reply.

When discussing terrorism, it is an acceptable agreement that we are talking about the war on Islamic Extremism. Not just any asshat who decides he doesn't like his boss and goes on a killing spree.

Agreed to by whom? Certainly not by the FBI or the U.S. Government. Terrorism is terrorism. Even IF you accept that it must be Islamic, then you still have multiple attacks on US consulates and embassies. All in all claiming that a president had no attacks on U.S. soil, on his watch is dishonest. Add to that dishonesty, before 9/11 - it's not exactly like attacks on the U.S. were common so it's pointless.

Forum List

Back