Damn right i’m entitled and not a victim

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LilOlLady, Oct 1, 2012.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
    Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,411
    Social Security isn't insurance and it isn't an investment. At best it's welfare for old people. In reality, however, it's the world's biggest Ponzi scheme. Every dollar you "invested" was flushed down the welfare sewer the day the government took it. You are not legally entitled to receive anything in return.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. LadyGunSlinger

LadyGunSlinger Conservative Babe Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,196
    Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  4. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
    I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
    So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,313
    People like the OP somehow "miss" that Social Security as it now exists will soon become insolvent if it isn't fixed which is what some politicians with spines, like Paul Ryan, have gone way out on a political limb to attempt to do.

Contrast that with the political cowardice of Barack Obama who attacks others for trying to fix something that he won't touch even though it's quite apparent SOMETHING has to be done. Leaders make the tough calls and Barack Obama is NOT a leader.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,723
    Leader and Barry in the same breath??

Not hardly.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    You aren't entitled to jack from the government merely because you let them rob you blind for years.

Other people are supporting you, you aren't entitled to that support. Some are doing it because of the goodness of their heart. Some are doing it because they are forced to. Regardless, it's still their money you are using. And you aren't entitled to that.

Maybe instead of demanding what you feel you are entitled to, you should give thanks to what others generously and begrudgingly give you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    killing SS is not saving it you fools

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    why dont you run on those ideas and see how far the American people back you?

10. depotoo

depotoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,501
    show us where he has advocated killing social security.