Damn right i’m entitled and not a victim

If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

So, what if you're in your early 50's and been putting into the system for 30 - 40 years? Tough shit? If you want to fix SS and Medicare, just lift the 100K contribution limit.

I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

So, what if you're in your early 50's and been putting into the system for 30 - 40 years? Tough shit? If you want to fix SS and Medicare, just lift the 100K contribution limit.

That is not all it will take to fix it.. as it will be stolen for other spending too... Hell, I am on my way to 50 and I would give up all I have put in to it so far to not have it deducted and invest on my own, and I would be MUCH better off by the time I am 65-70 and retired

Killing SS?? What an idiot you are.

It needs fixing.

My idea of fixing it is to let people take out ONLY what they have in it. I'm sure the program will lose its popularity in no time. After all SS only draws 1% interest. Any bank in the Union would give you better odds with YOUR money.

Yep. They should let folks know that they can only take out what they put into it. Popularity gone. Program hopefully gone.

Social Security is fine and it grows stronger with the eoncomy and privatizing is not the answer. Vouchers are not the answer to Medicare.
If Romney don't trust bank with his money, why should I? Banks go under and have to be bailed out by government so I stay with government.

You missed the point.

You should only be allowed to TAKE OUT EXACTLY WHAT YOU PUT IN. Not the money of the folks coming behind you.

Doubt the program would be popular if that were the case. Its easy to live on someone elses money.

If you want to leave your money with Govt then feel free. I'll take a good bank with higher interest on my money any day of the week.

Social Security is fine and it grows stronger with the eoncomy and privatizing is not the answer. Vouchers are not the answer to Medicare.
If Romney don't trust bank with his money, why should I? Banks go under and have to be bailed out by government so I stay with government.

Our economy is in the tank, Social security fund has been raided for years and has nothing but worthless IOUs, but everything is fine?

Who is going to bail out the government when this ponzi scheme collapses?

No one. That's who. The government collapses and we have either anarchy or despots. That's the legacy we are leaving for our children and grandchildren unless we wake up, get off our butt and fix the problems facing our nation.

DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

gotta love libs its me me me me me me. well sorry hunny u didnt build that.

In any system where there becomes too many takers and not enough givers there will be losers at some point.

Ponzi scheme

In 1950, there were 16 workers paying taxes into the system for every retiree who was taking benefits out of it. Today, there are a little more than three. By the time the baby boomers retire, there will be just two workers who will have to pay all the taxes to support every one retiree.

I am not attesting to Romney's proposal as being the best one but the facts of what is happening with SS can't be dismissed.

And yet the evidence is ignored and dismissed all the time. This thread is evidence of that.

To some it's more important to put our children and grandchildren in chains than it is to be responsible for ourselves. That's selfishness in my book.

Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.

Well you are brain dead moron.

The system is failing as you type, you just aren't bright enugh to understand how it works.

if you are 55 or older your medicare wont change a bit.

But putting that aside.....my arent we selfish...

See what you are saying?

"I dont give a fuck if medicare goes bankrupt down the road and all those that put into it are left with nothing. I dont care if the country tanks and even the most helpless will get nothing.....My vote is for me to get as much free shit as I can now becuase it is all about me me me...."

Making you a pathetic selfish loser.

Say what??!!! TM is a teacher??? Of freaking what?? Perhaps at a circus freak show but a teacher of real children?? I'll bet if someone goes back and traces the kids who had the misfortune of being stuck with her in a classroom, the majority are probably scarred for life!

Please tell me this isn't true. That would be a horrible thing to do to children. If it is what subject does she teach?

Don't believe everything you read. I do understand your concerns as there are those out there lying about what will actually happen. To get a little better perspective on what they actually are advocating, which will help save it for your children and grandchildren, to actually save them from seeing to go belly up, read this link -
Romney’s “60 Minutes” Fix For Social Security and Medicare
And, did you know that Bush actually wanted to change it for the younger generation so they could pass it on to their children?

Last edited:

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

I don't know about anyone else's ancestors from 150 years ago but they didn't pass down anything except a fondness for alcohol.

Last edited:

Stop your whining.....

Fuck that. The last thing I want is to pay more taxes into a Ponzi scheme.

Say what??!!! TM is a teacher??? Of freaking what?? Perhaps at a circus freak show but a teacher of real children?? I'll bet if someone goes back and traces the kids who had the misfortune of being stuck with her in a classroom, the majority are probably scarred for life!

Please tell me this isn't true. That would be a horrible thing to do to children. If it is what subject does she teach?

My sons calculus professor in a SUNY college, 4 years ago, spent an entire session DICTATING the virtues of an Obama presidency and the evils of a McCain presidency....I say dictating becuase no one was allowed to respond to what he said.
What TM teaches is not an issue. The fact that one who is so jaded and so out there having the right to speak to our children without supervision is what is concerning.

My sons calculus professor in a SUNY college, 4 years ago, spent an entire session DICTATING the virtues of an Obama presidency and the evils of a McCain presidency....I say dictating becuase no one was allowed to respond to what he said.
What TM teaches is not an issue. The fact that one who is so jaded and so out there having the right to speak to our children without supervision is what is concerning.

do you believe anything TM says?

Seriously?

That concerns me too. But I pray it's not Grammar/spelling she is teaching, if anything.

My son's were brought politically active, they would laugh TM out of the class room.

do you believe anything TM says?

Seriously?

I have TM on ignore. A year of reading her crap was more than enough.

As for believe her? I dont think even SHE believes most of what she spews.

Forum List

Back