Damn right i’m entitled and not a victim

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.

You've hit the nail on the head here. Team Romney/Ryan expects we'll be dumb enough to take their offer of preserving ours while screwing our kids and grandkids out of theirs.

Sorry, that won't wash with me either.

For those yelling about how it's "insolvent?" That's easily fixed, ain't it? Just raise the maximum income level for FICA taxation and the problem is solved. Moreover, when we Boomer's are gone, the system will be fine. It's just a temporary condition based upon our all getting old, but y'all are acting like it's permanent. Only a fool would make a permanent correction for a temporary problem and that's exactly what the GOP thinks we ought to do.

That's utter bullshit! You earn the maximum benefit of $1855 with a 10 year earning average of about $98.000. If you up the max contribution, you are just stealing more money from people without giving them anything in return.

I am 73 years old and it will affect my childern and grand children and some have already paid into Social Security as it will not be there for them when they become of age. And anything that affects my childern and grand children it affect me.

You've hit the nail on the head here. Team Romney/Ryan expects we'll be dumb enough to take their offer of preserving ours while screwing our kids and grandkids out of theirs.

Sorry, that won't wash with me either.

For those yelling about how it's "insolvent?" That's easily fixed, ain't it? Just raise the maximum income level for FICA taxation and the problem is solved. Moreover, when we Boomer's are gone, the system will be fine. It's just a temporary condition based upon our all getting old, but y'all are acting like it's permanent. Only a fool would make a permanent correction for a temporary problem and that's exactly what the GOP thinks we ought to do.

What BS! So we pay MORE just so we can get SOME of it when we retire....just let the govt take more SS taxes out of us, so we can PAY FOR the retirees LATER. More forcing us to pay for others.....what an idiotic idea!

DAMN RIGHT I’M ENTITLED AND NOT A VICTIM
Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

Hey IDIOT.. If you worked 50 years, you must be at least 66 years old which means Romney's plans don't even affect you. FAUX OUTRAGE NOTED.

copy and pasting her latest round of emails.

If you worked 50 yrs, then your about 6 years older than me....
I won't be losing anything....nothing will change for people close to retirement (over 55).
So your rant is a bunch of BS.

Besides, if you don't think SOMETHING needs to be done with SS then your nuts! If it weren't for our government "borrowing" so much of it, giving it out to people who didn't put into it, using it to fund Obamacare, we wouldn't be in this spot. Something has to be done or there won't be anything there in a few years!

Stop your whining.....

So, what if you're in your early 50's and been putting into the system for 30 - 40 years? Tough shit? If you want to fix SS and Medicare, just lift the 100K contribution limit.

it doesn't affect people 55 and older...NOW. Then it will "slowly" change as they go down in age.

Sure, they could raise the contribution amount...but how many people can actually afford to put more in?? If i were younger i would want that money in my own pocket to invest in what I want for my retirement. Either way, SS can not be left alone, it's not going to last and THAT's because of our Govt spending....ALL of our govt!

That's utter bullshit! You earn the maximum benefit of $1855 with a 10 year earning average of about $98.000. If you up the max contribution, you are just stealing more money from people without giving them anything in return.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm not talking about upping the maximum contribution, but upping the income level from which SS taxes are taken. Right now, the maximum is $110,100 dollars. Beyond that level of income, no SS taxes are withheld.

killing SS is not saving it you fools

Nobody is KILLING it.....fool

Do you NOT know the money is not going to be there when you need it because our government has taken so much from it and not put it back??

They need to STOP giving it to people who never put into it....and only give to people what they actually put in it. And i can see a wife getting what SS her husband may have put in, but ONLY the amount he put in.

Actually, they should just get rid of it and let the people put away for their own retirement. If they don't do it, then it'll suck to be them when they retire!
You probably wouldn't like that then, since you probably never paid in....you would have had to work.

OH .... THAT'S RIGHT! You said you were a teacher! Lol!

liesmatters a teacher.... :lmao: the only believable thing about that is her being part of a union...

Killing SS?? What an idiot you are.

It needs fixing.

My idea of fixing it is to let people take out ONLY what they have in it. I'm sure the program will lose its popularity in no time. After all SS only draws 1% interest. Any bank in the Union would give you better odds with YOUR money.

Yep. They should let folks know that they can only take out what they put into it. Popularity gone. Program hopefully gone.

Social Security is fine and it grows stronger with the eoncomy and privatizing is not the answer. Vouchers are not the answer to Medicare.
If Romney don't trust bank with his money, why should I? Banks go under and have to be bailed out by government so I stay with government.

You missed the point.

You should only be allowed to TAKE OUT EXACTLY WHAT YOU PUT IN. Not the money of the folks coming behind you.

Doubt the program would be popular if that were the case. Its easy to live on someone elses money.

If you want to leave your money with Govt then feel free. I'll take a good bank with higher interest on my money any day of the week.

I figure that if, in stead of my and my employers' contributions being put into the "lock box", it had been invested in a fund indexed to the DJIA, I could be drawing more that 3X what I collect from SS now AND still leave my kids a couple million when I kick off.
Sure, the market goes up and down, but the long term trend is always up, in fact, there has been only 1 ten year period in the last 100 years that hasn't shown a positive return. (1928-1937)

Do you NOT know the money is not going to be there when you need it because our government has taken so much from it and not put it back??

They need to STOP giving it to people who never put into it....and only give to people what they actually put in it. And i can see a wife getting what SS her husband may have put in, but ONLY the amount he put in.

Actually, they should just get rid of it and let the people put away for their own retirement. If they don't do it, then it'll suck to be them when they retire!
You probably wouldn't like that then, since you probably never paid in....you would have had to work.

Say what??!!! TM is a teacher??? Of freaking what?? Perhaps at a circus freak show but a teacher of real children?? I'll bet if someone goes back and traces the kids who had the misfortune of being stuck with her in a classroom, the majority are probably scarred for life!

Yup...that's what she said a long time ago. She just won't tell us what she taught!
I don't think it was English (spelling), economics or history tho....Lol!

My sons calculus professor in a SUNY college, 4 years ago, spent an entire session DICTATING the virtues of an Obama presidency and the evils of a McCain presidency....I say dictating becuase no one was allowed to respond to what he said.
What TM teaches is not an issue. The fact that one who is so jaded and so out there having the right to speak to our children without supervision is what is concerning.

do you believe anything TM says?

Seriously?

I have TM on ignore. A year of reading her crap was more than enough.

As for believe her? I dont think even SHE believes most of what she spews.

I only have 2 people on ignore. I've considered putting TM on it, then i wonder what i'd do without all that entertain she gives me! Lol! But it is really hard not to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

liesmatters a teacher.... :lmao: the only believable thing about that is her being part of a union...

I'll bet she teaches political science.

She takes what she learns in her 3rd grade classes and teaches it to kindergarteners. :lol:

Say what??!!! TM is a teacher??? Of freaking what?? Perhaps at a circus freak show but a teacher of real children?? I'll bet if someone goes back and traces the kids who had the misfortune of being stuck with her in a classroom, the majority are probably scarred for life!

Yup...that's what she said a long time ago. She just won't tell us what she taught!
I don't think it was English (spelling), economics or history tho....Lol!

Kindergarten, perhaps. That's about the only way she could be the smartest person in the room.

do you believe anything TM says?

Seriously?

I only have 2 people on ignore. I've considered putting TM on it, then i wonder what i'd do without all that entertain she gives me! Lol! But it is really hard not to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting her on ignore would be paramount to duct taping someone like Mike Tyson.. The entertainment value outweighs their mental retardation..

Unless Romney makes me a victim by turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

I worked 50 years and sometime two jobs and put my self through college without any help but a full time job and raised three kids in the process. I paid into the system, paid into two wars I did not support, paid into a welfare system I never used, paid into unemployment insurance and never had to use and now my Social Security insurance policy entitles me to Social Security and Medicare, $10 in food stamps, (that Romney want to begrudge me?) a discount on my prescriptions.

My dad invested his future into social security and never lived to collect after working 40 years. He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors, but Romney’s dad investment was pass on to him and gave him a head start. African slaves worked and built the country and the toils of their labor was not pass on the survivors to give them a head start.

Social Security is one investment that is not pass on to surviving relatives in the form of stock.

Damn right I am entitled, but I am not a victim yet but Romney has all intentions to make me one if he is elected to look out for my interest. A big no thanks Romney. :eusa_hand:

Don't believe everything you read. I do understand your concerns as there are those out there lying about what will actually happen. To get a little better perspective on what they actually are advocating, which will help save it for your children and grandchildren, to actually save them from seeing to go belly up, read this link -
Romney’s “60 Minutes” Fix For Social Security and Medicare
And, did you know that Bush actually wanted to change it for the younger generation so they could pass it on to their children?

I didn't even know that! We should be able to pass it on...it's our money!
Also...just think of all the people that have put into it but never lived long enough to collect it...had no children or wife to collect it...the govt has gotten a TON of free money!

Assuming you have worked all those years, you surely have built up quite a nest egg. My parents told me that to never rely on SS for your retirement years. It's just a small check.
I did my research. SS was NEVER intended to be something on which to retire. It is and always has been a supplement.
Many older people think of SS as an untouchable sacred cow. I got into a heated discussion about the matte with one of my uncles. He actually got pissed off when I told him SS was a bad concept and should be scuttled and redone. His like the reactions of many others was "don't you dare touch my social security"..The thing is he like many others in his generation were told to believe their government would take care of them in their golden years. The truth is the federal government has been robbing SS money and replacing it with IOU's. The thinking was the federal govt could spend the money deducted from our checks and it would be replaced by future generations. Well, with the economy in the shitter and baby boomers about to retire en masse, there is not nearly enough money to cover the flood of new recipients. There is no SS Trust Fund. In fact, due ot the way the federal government spends and takes money from areas which were supposed to be untouchable, has turned all of the items (SS , Medicare, etc) into TAXES. The government simply uses the deducted money for it's own purposes.
The concept or notion that we "pay into" these things is patently false. We are TAXED. Period.
There is no "account" for us.
No one has a Social Security Insurance policy....What are you talking about?
Here's what I would do if I were in the position of having a say..
Blow up Social Security. Get rid of it...Medicare....GONE..
Now, The new setup....
Workers would have the OPTION of choosing a percentage ( minimum of 3%) of their PRE TAX wage to be placed in an UNTOUCHABLE account. The account would bear interest at a rate of prime plus 1% compounded yearly. Upon the worker's retirement the funds would be ALL there. Not one red cent is to be touched by anyone. No government official no presidential executive order. Nothing. The money belongs to the person who put it there.
Employer's share....The employer(s) would be responsible for one half of the rate the employee rate..So if the worker has 4% of his or her pay withheld for the benefit, the employer pays an additional 2% toward the fund.
All of the money goes into an interest bearing account to be drawn upon by the worker upon retirement. TAX FREE..We should NOT be taxing our senior citizens for their retirement.
Now, if the worker passes away, a beneficiary is selected. They cannot receive benefits until THEIR retirement. The concept here is this is just like an insurance policy. The government should not get a bite at this apple.
The bottom line is this. I am SICK and tired of government stealing OUR money and not replacing it.
This and the reasons mentioned above are why the current SS system is broken.

Putting her on ignore would be paramount to duct taping someone like Mike Tyson.. The entertainment value outweighs their mental retardation..

I am with you there.... you just cant find amusement like liesmatters...even if you pay for it.

I am with you there.... you just cant find amusement like liesmatters...even if you pay for it.

You do know that someone is already paying her to amuse us, right?

I'm short on time and haven't read the whole thread so sorry if I duplicate. Unless you are an employer, you've paid nothing in unemployment insurance and did you even bother to read your own gripe? You're whining because Romney's Dad was able to pass his retirement money down and your dad wasn't. If your Dad had control of his retirement money rather than the government having ALL of it, there might have been something for his family. The irony of liberal posts. I thought Obama lost your vote over his amnesty program anyway.

That right there is why you should never let the Gov plan your future

You did a great job of an example of why its so wrong.

You have control,or some over paid bureaucrat that could care less about you,now use your head for more than a dope stash.

turning my Medicare to a voucher program and privatizing my Social Security.

He was not able to pass his insurance policy on to his survivors

You can't have the one without the other, you idiot.

Forum List

Back