Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Oh JokeStarkey has sole posession of Barry's left butt cheek... Few people defend him more than JokeStarkey...

I voted for McCain, and will vote against BHO if we get a good candidate in 2012. But your type in the party makes us all look pathetic.

Actually I don't recall that you ever said anything good about anything on the right. Hopefully I'm missing something.

Oh JokeStarkey has sole posession of Barry's left butt cheek... Few people defend him more than JokeStarkey...

I voted for McCain, and will vote against BHO if we get a good candidate in 2012. But your type in the party makes us all look pathetic.

Actually I don't recall that you ever said anything good about anything on the right. Hopefully I'm missing something.

On the far right: no, there is nothing good to say about wingnut reactionaries who pretend to be conservatives. They are not.

On the conservativeside: yes, there is much good to say.

An interesting assessment of presidential polling data from Pollster.com here:

Pollster.com: Obama: Worst First Year Ratings Ever?

From your own article:

Obama's current approval is within a cluster that has Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan all within the margin of error at the same point in their first terms.

Most Americans, including most Republicans, were outraged when one of Gerald Ford's first actions was to pardon Richard Nixon. After that Ford couldn't have been elected dog catcher in Duluth.

Carter started out riding high with high hopes and he was very likable. But double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, high unemployment, a stagnated economy, and long lines at gas pumps along with being clueless about what to do about it brought him down.

Reagan was disliked for his first year tax increases, then loved for reduction in tax rates and policies that ushered in the longest period of unbroken prosperity this country had seen in a long long time. So, despite the first of the media politics of personal destruction, he finished with respectable numbers.

George H W Bush was riding high at the beginning. Breaking his 'no new taxes' pledge, however, put his approval rating in the toilet and ensured he would be a one term President.

Bill Clinton's first year poll numbers crashed during the height of the Hillary Care debates and the high taxes and social engineering he was pushing. Once he got a reform minded GOP controlled Congress, however, he was more interested in looking good than demanding his way, he went along with them on policies that continued the unbroken period of prosperity, and that let him weather even the Monica Lewinsky scandal and finish with a pretty good record.

Low poll numbers for Barack Obama wouldn't be any big deal in light of the increasingly unpopular healthcare overhaul legislation in process, EXCEPT that he has a Democratic Congress which should allow him get anything done, and he has had the most supportive press of any President in history. The mainstream media has fallen all over themselves, disgraced themselves, given up almost all integrity or sense of responsibility in their efforts to make Obama look good. And in spite of that, the numbers go lower and lower. And that should be a wake up call for anybody. He isn't to blame for the recession and financial problems he inherited and the people have not blamed him for that.

But the blame is shifting to him now for unpopular legislation he is pushing and his increasingly obvious inability to lead and make good decisions now.

Last edited:

From the WSJ piece linked in the report you linked, two Democrat pollsters comment on Scott Rasmussen:

Polling is a science because it requires a range of sampling techniques to be used to select a sample. It is an art because constructing a sample and asking questions is something that requires skill, experience and intellectual integrity. The possibility of manipulation—or, indeed, intimidation—is great.

A recent case in point is what has happened to Scott Rasmussen, an independent pollster we both work with, who has an unchallenged record for both integrity and accuracy. Mr. Rasmussen correctly predicted the 2004 and 2008 presidential races within a percent, and accurately called the vast majority of contested Senate races in 2004 and 2006. His work has sometimes been of concern for Republicans, particularly when they were losing congressional seats in 2004 and 2006.

Most recently, Mr. Rasmussen has been the leader in chronicling the decline in the public's support for President Obama. And so he has been the target of increasingly virulent attacks from left-wing bloggers seeking to undermine his credibility, and thus muffle his findings. A Politico piece, "Low Favorables: Democrats Rip Rasmussen," reported on the attacks from blogs like the Daily Kos, Swing State Project, and Media Matters.

"Rasmussen Caught With Their Thumb on the Scale," cried the Daily Kos last summer. "Rasmussen Reports, You Decide," the blog Swing State Project headlined not long ago in a play on the Fox News motto.

"I don't think there are Republican polling firms that get as good a result as Rasmussen does," Eric Boehlert, a senior fellow with the progressive research outfit Media Matters, said in a Jan. 2 Politico article. "His data looks like it all comes out of the RNC."

Liberals have also noted that Rasmussen's daily presidential tracking polls have consistently placed Mr. Obama's approval numbers around five percentage points lower than other polling outfits throughout the year. This is because Rasmussen surveys likely voters, who are now more Republican in orientation than the overall electorate. (Gallup and other pollsters survey the entire adult population.) On other key issues like health care, Rasmussen's numbers have been echoed by everyone else.

On the far right: no, there is nothing good to say about wingnut reactionaries who pretend to be conservatives. They are not.

On the conservativeside: yes, there is much good to say.

Yo Starkey.............seems to me you have a healthy habit of portraying people as "wingnuts", yet I come onto this forum for a cup of coffee once in awhile and you're in every single thread about 100X. Do I sense a pronounced OCD issue going on?? Indeed I do................:lol:
Starkey bro..........they got some good sh!t for that...........its called Effexor XR. Do a little google search and check it out.........stops symptoms of "thought rumination". Its just not healthy to be on the same internet site 20 hours/day s0n..........its just not. Not to mention, and as many have pointed out int hese forums...........most of your feedback is rather incoherent anyway so it kinda waxes any kind of credibility you might imagine yourself to have..........
Check out the EffexorXR s0n............many of my patients have enjoyed wonderous benefits once maintained on it..........lifechanging in many cases.:thup:

:lol: Yo, skookerasbil, have not seen you in a while. Hope all is well in the new year.

LWC makes a fine correlation between the beginning year of Obama and Reagan's administrations, offers credible fact and evidence, makes some reasonable-standard conclusions and projections.

I suggest highly that you wingnuts study :lol: Learn to Speak Tea Bag | Mark Fiore's Animated Cartoon Site. This will help you at least the rest of us who retain our sanity.

Come on, fringies, give us a laugh. :lol:

There is absolutely NOTHING that Barack Obama has in common with Ronald Reagan-----:lol::lol:

We have gone from trickle down economics which worked for JFK, Reagan & G.W. Bush to Obama's flood the basement economics which hasn't worked. This while he has "outspent" in the 1st year of his term more than any President in the history of the United States.

Trickle down economics works for the wealthy, Oreo. Please explain to me where the purchasing power of the middle and working classes have gone during the last thirty years. Obama has had harder sledding than Reagan because has inherited a far worse situation than did RR.

Trickle down economics works for the wealthy, Oreo. Please explain to me where the purchasing power of the middle and working classes have gone during the last thirty years. Obama has had harder sledding than Reagan because has inherited a far worse situation than did RR.

I don't understand how this is worse than Regan had. Where is the double digit inflation and the 18% home loans? Or even the lines at the gas stations? Or is all that yet to come, again?

I don't understand how this is worse than Regan had. Where is the double digit inflation and the 18% home loans? Or even the lines at the gas stations? Or is all that yet to come, again?
you are remembering incorrectly, the lines at the gas stations was before Reagan and even before Carter, it was in 73 and 74

Obama has had harder sledding than Reagan because has inherited a far worse situation than did RR.

what are you smoking?

Reagan had to deal with a 17% fed funds rate, which Volcker implemented to wipe out Carter's inflation, he was pulling money out of the economy like there was no tomorrow, meanwhile Obama's had a 0.25 fed funds rate - Bernanke's been minting money by the truckloads

you are remembering incorrectly, the lines at the gas stations was before Reagan and even before Carter, it was in 73 and 74

Nope I remember right, even though I was out of the country both times.

"The Jimmy Carter administration began a phased deregulation of oil prices on April 5, 1979, when the average price of crude oil was US$15.85 per barrel (42 US gallons).Over the next 12 months the price of crude oil rose to $39.50 per barrel (its all time highest real price until March 7, 2008.)[6] Deregulating domestic oil price controls allowed domestic U.S. oil output to rise sharply from the large Prudhoe Bay fields, while oil imports fell sharply. Hence, long lines appeared at gas stations, as they had six years earlier during the 1973 oil crisis."

You had me wondering there for a moment.

Nope I remember right, even though I was out of the country both times.

"The Jimmy Carter administration began a phased deregulation of oil prices on April 5, 1979, when the average price of crude oil was US$15.85 per barrel (42 US gallons).Over the next 12 months the price of crude oil rose to $39.50 per barrel (its all time highest real price until March 7, 2008.)[6] Deregulating domestic oil price controls allowed domestic U.S. oil output to rise sharply from the large Prudhoe Bay fields, while oil imports fell sharply. Hence, long lines appeared at gas stations, as they had six years earlier during the 1973 oil crisis."

You had me wondering there for a moment.
i dont remember gas lines in the 80's

First, answer what happened to the purchasing power of the middle and working classes in the last thirty years. Let's stay in focus.

Second, go back and see what Reagan happened and where his administration was in his full third year. Reagan did not have two wars to fight or the worst recession since the 1930s to have to tackle.

Forum List

Back