Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

Are you TRYING to scare us?

Well it's a fact. Unless he quits or is impeached, which is highly unlikely even if the GOP could retake Congress, we've got Obama for three more years.

We can hope with all our hearts that the GOP will be sufficiently strengthened to at least temper the worst that the President and the more dangerous radicals in Congress intend to 'do for us'. The best case scenario is for the GOP to regain a majority and stop this runaway train in its tracks. Of course we also have to pray that the GOP has learned its lesson and won't revert to the Congress we had during the Bush years. There is no danger, however, that Republicans of almost any stripe will agree to this healthcare disaster in progress or will go along with Obama's cap and trade boondoggle.

Right now the polls are encouraging that we will have a change - a change that won't weaken or even destroy America as we know it. But, if the economy significantly improves before the election and things start looking up, whether or not Obama's policies had anything to do with it, the electorate can be pretty fickle too.

But I am daring to believe that the Tea Parties and tax protests are having a positive effect now, and daring to hope that it may not be hopeless.

The next GOP congress will be the best thing that ever happened to Obama's presidency. It will block the looniest of his proposals, ones that would cause this country to fail, and allow him to tour the world inspiring hope and change and leaving great sound bites for posterity. Had Clinton been succesful he would be remembered as the Herbert Hoover of the late 20th century.

The next GOP congress will be the best thing that ever happened to Obama's presidency. It will block the looniest of his proposals, ones that would cause this country to fail, and allow him to tour the world inspiring hope and change and leaving great sound bites for posterity. Had Clinton been succesful he would be remembered as the Herbert Hoover of the late 20th century.

I concur completely. Clinton would have had a failed presidency if that visionary bunch of Republicans and conservative Democrats had not taken the majority in Congress in 1994. Because he wanted to be loved more than he held convictions about much of anything, he let them drag him, sometimes kicking and screaming as it was with welfare reform, into some good policy and, despite the Lewinsky scandal, he enjoyed pretty good approval numbers.

And that is the risk if Obama gets a GOP Congress with their heels dug in. We may have to accept that he will be remembered as a successful President even though he won't deserve it.

I sure would be willing to take that risk though.

As Rasmussen, who is biased right as I keep reading here, puts it: the improvement comes from him firing up his base. I guess all that class warfare talk resonates somewhere.
This is actually great news. It will confirm his belief that his class warfare populism is the way to go and he will pursue that course.
Naturally businesses will sit around wondering if they're going to be next on the chopping block. They will sit on their hands until the danger has passed. This will mean a tanking economy, loss of jobs, and economic hardship for more Americans. Who will be voting their wallets Republican come November.
Keep it up, Big O!

Yes, I'm surprised that Scott didn't use his usual metaphor of 'statistical noise.' And he hasn't yet used the analogy of 'settled into an unhealthy range' that he attributed to President Bush's last years. Whenever President Bush got an occasional upward bounce in the polls, Rasmussen would comment that it was too early to tell if it was a consistent trend or just 'statistical noise'. Sadly, it generally turned out to just be statistical noise.

From Rasmussen's site today:

Thirty-nine percent (39%) now Strongly Disapprove down from 42% before the speech. Putting it all together gives Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -4. That’s the President’s best Approval Index rating in months. In fact, he’s earned a better rating on only two days in the past six months (see trends).

When tracking President Obama’s job approval on a daily basis, people sometimes get so caught up in the day-to-day fluctuations that they miss the bigger picture. To look at the longer-term trends, Rasmussen Reports compiles the numbers on a full-month basis. For the full-month of January, the President’s Approval Index rating improved a point to -14. That’s the first time his numbers have improved since September.

The President’s recent gains have come from firing up his base and one of the keys to Election 2010 will be to see whether he can maintain this increased level of enthusiasm. If he does, Republican gains could be less than some are now projecting. On the other hand, if the improvement turns out to be just a short-term bounce, then the GOP may enjoy better prospects. New polling out today shows that Republicans continue to have the edge in the Florida Senate race.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

Hey, even these guys show a tiny improvement!

:D

I wondered why the OP stopped bumping his thread a week ago. Hey maybe Scott Rassmussen has reformed his ways. I hope he doesn't miss his rightwing fans.

The OP is a strange poster. He posts one line posts and links. Nothing else. Check his history.

I wonder if this is a pseudonym of another poster.

Not that it matters, I'm just thinking out loud really.

SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't tell anyone Obama's numbers are up.....we need him to FAIL

SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!

Don't tell anyone Obama's numbers are up.....we need him to FAIL
he had a "blip" up after the SOTU but its back down to where it was before
so, hes right back where he was and is likely to stay there for a while

Are you TRYING to scare us?

Well it's a fact. Unless he quits or is impeached, which is highly unlikely even if the GOP could retake Congress, we've got Obama for three more years.

We can hope with all our hearts that the GOP will be sufficiently strengthened to at least temper the worst that the President and the more dangerous radicals in Congress intend to 'do for us'. The best case scenario is for the GOP to regain a majority and stop this runaway train in its tracks. Of course we also have to pray that the GOP has learned its lesson and won't revert to the Congress we had during the Bush years. There is no danger, however, that Republicans of almost any stripe will agree to this healthcare disaster in progress or will go along with Obama's cap and trade boondoggle.

Right now the polls are encouraging that we will have a change - a change that won't weaken or even destroy America as we know it. But, if the economy significantly improves before the election and things start looking up, whether or not Obama's policies had anything to do with it, the electorate can be pretty fickle too.

But I am daring to believe that the Tea Parties and tax protests are having a positive effect now, and daring to hope that it may not be hopeless.

He is already a lame duck President. In his first year he had total control of the house and the senate with a filibuster proof senate. He accomplished NOTHING even though his party had a super majority. The democrats themselves blocked his agenda, it's only going to get worse for him as this goes on. He is making no move to go to the center, as Clinton did, I don't beleive he will. He will end up going out like Jimmy Carter. His own party now is a challenge for him, they see him losing and they are bailing on him.

Last edited:
He is already a lame duck President. In his first year he had total control of the house and the senate with a filibuster proof senate. He accomplished NOTHING even though his party had a super majority. The democrats themselves blocked his agenda, it's only going to get worse for him as this goes on. He is making no move to go to the center, as Clinton did, I don't beleive he will. He will end up going out like Jimmy Carter. His own party now is a challenge for him, they see him losing and they are bailing on him.

Current Obama Approval Rating?

48.4 Percent, on average, including Rasmussen's bullshit outlier numbers

Ronald Reagan's average poll number for his second year in office?

43 Percent.

Guess Ronald Reagan was a "lame duck" at this point in his presidency too then. ROFL.

Man you people are seriously deluded by your own propaganda.

That can be the epitaph of the Obama Administraiton.

Reagan embarked on policies that would grow the economy. Obama has embarked on policies that will shrink the economy. See the difference?

Current Obama Approval Rating?

48.4 Percent, on average, including Rasmussen's bullshit outlier numbers

Ronald Reagan's average poll number for his second year in office?

43 Percent.

Guess Ronald Reagan was a "lame duck" at this point in his presidency too then. ROFL.

Reagan also had a mostly hostile press, a majority hostile Congress, and Democrats going on the house floor doing hours of C-Span speeches denouncing him and spelling out his sins every night in special orders. It is amazing that he was able to sustain a 43% approval rating during his second term. Don't forget, however, that he carried 49 of 50 states to get that second term.

Obama has had the most favorable and dishonestly supportive press that I have EVER seen in my somewhat now lengthy lifetime, substantial majorities in both houses of Congress that should translate to him getting wonderful things done, and he is still early in his first term which is generally a honeymoon period for any President. The fact that despite all that he is polling only 47% and the trend is consistently mostly downward should give him a clue that he isn't selling what he's selling to the majority of Americans.

Forum List

Back