Da Vinci Code Questions

LOki said:
You do as God would have you do. [I Peter 2:21, and I John 2:6]

And that would be: Go to church. [Mark 1:21, and Luke 4:16]

Explain how That means go to church on sunday as opposed to saturday?

Amongnst other things it may mean, it at least means you don't do work, and your family doesn't work, and your servants don't work on Saturday.

I like your challenges, they tickle. :D

What tickles me is your ignorance passed off as wisdom. :)

The Sabbath was made for MAN - not Man for the Sabbath. Christ most certainly put common-sense ahead of Legalistic Pharisees, such as you.

Christians are to make up their own mind concerning the Sabbath - Thanks to what Christ did for us. We're free from laws of Moses as we love and seek Christ.

"One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord ...." (Rom. 14:5,6).

To that end Christians are not to bitch about OTHER Believer's decisions regarding stuff which simply does not matter:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink or with regard to a religious festival, a new moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." (Col. 2:16,17)

Dead to law: "So this is the point: The law no longer holds you in its power, because you died to its power when you died with Christ on the cross. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead." (Rom. 7:4).

Christ fullfilled the law; a Law given by God until Christ's Mercy and Truth showed up.

"For the law came by Moses, but mercy and truth came by Jesus Christ!

Thus, we're responsible to Christ and his Mercy and Truth. Paul said to the Galatians:
5:14 "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
6:2 "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Nothing you wrote about the Sabbath and "Keeping it Holy" has ANY bearing on Christ, His salvation, Or even which day somebody chooses to go to church.

dmp said:
LOki said:
You do as God would have you do. [I Peter 2:21, and I John 2:6]

And that would be: Go to church. [Mark 1:21, and Luke 4:16]
Explain how That means go to church on sunday as opposed to saturday?
It doesn't, it asserts going to church on Saturday rather than Sunday.
God said:
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

dmp said:
What tickles me is your ignorance passed off as wisdom. :)
HAHAHAHA! More tickles!

dmp said:
The Sabbath was made for MAN - not Man for the Sabbath. Christ most certainly put common-sense ahead of Legalistic Pharisees, such as you.
LOLercaust! A discussion of the Bilble would not be complete where when objective application of scripture meets mushy principles, mushy principles pulls the "PHARISEE!!!!!" card. BRAVO!!!!:clap:

dmp said:
Christians are to make up their own mind concerning the Sabbath - Thanks to what Christ did for us. We're free from laws of Moses as we love and seek Christ.
Free from the laws of Moses means free from The Commandments? All of them? --or just the ones you claim the New Covenant frees you from?

dmp said:
"One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord ...." (Rom. 14:5,6).
This does not override the Commandment of God. The entire chapter establishes that such judgments are not he purview of man, but rather God. Men are not to judge men on these things, nor are they to judge the servants of other men--God is the authority and judge in the matter. You still have to have to follow God's rules, and you will be judged, as appropriate, by God.

dmp said:
To that end Christians are not to bitch about OTHER Believer's decisions regarding stuff which simply does not matter:

"Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink or with regard to a religious festival, a new moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." (Col. 2:16,17)
Yes. This is consistent with your Romans citation, but only as far as it goes--it does not say that the day of the Sabbath is up to men to decide, these merely allow men to honor and remeber the Sabbath in their own fashion, and without judgement from other men.

dmp said:
Dead to law: "So this is the point: The law no longer holds you in its power, because you died to its power when you died with Christ on the cross. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead." (Rom. 7:4).

Christ fullfilled the law; a Law given by God until Christ's Mercy and Truth showed up.

"For the law came by Moses, but mercy and truth came by Jesus Christ!

Thus, we're responsible to Christ and his Mercy and Truth. Paul said to the Galatians:
5:14 "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
6:2 "Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

Nothing you wrote about the Sabbath and "Keeping it Holy" has ANY bearing on Christ, His salvation, Or even which day somebody chooses to go to church.
You can pull no end of argument rationalized by citing "the New Covenant," but rationalizations remain rationalizations, and not fact in the Bible. The New Covenant has certainly freed man to honor God in his own and best way possible. No man is to judge other men in their manner of worship. And the New Covenant may arguably set man free of Moses' law, but NOT God's law. And indeed dmp, you may go to church any day you like, and you don't have to at all, but if you do go to church (or whatever) on Sunday, to honor and remember the day to maintain its establishment as holy BECAUSE you assert it's the Sabbath, then you are directly contravening the law of God.

Dude - LOki. I think you're nuts bro. I've clearly laid out what the Sabbath MEANS to those who love Christ. It's up to YOU to chose to be obtuse, OR believe it. It's not my job to force wisdom upon you; it's your job to accept it.

dmp said:
Dude - LOki. I think you're nuts bro. I've clearly laid out what the Sabbath MEANS to those who love Christ. It's up to YOU to chose to be obtuse, OR believe it. It's not my job to force wisdom upon you; it's your job to accept it.
Romans 6:15 said:
What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
I'm not so sure that an ignorant Pharisee who is nuts is capable of accepting your "wisdom."
Hebrews 4:4-11 said:
For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his.

Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

LOki said:
In the context I am using, which is the Bible, in which God establishes the Commandment, and that the 7th day is the sabbath, and that God is getting pissed at Moses because his tribe is not observing the 7th day as the sabbath, God said the sabbath is saturday, and you're to keep that particular day holy.

God does not specifically state Saturday is the Sabbath. You are mixing one statement with another and jumping to conclusion.

GunnyL said:
God does not specifically state Saturday is the Sabbath.
Yes. God does not say Saturday, the day of Saturn, shall be the Holy day. The prescise sounds Moses heard indeed are not verifiable. I do not know (and I presume He didn't) say "Saturday" to Moses. If Moses spoke English, maybe. Depending, God may have said Samstag, Σάββατο, Sabato, 土曜日, Sábado, 토요일, Суббота, السبت , or תבש perhaps--I don't know, I'm not claiming to have been there to have heard it. But I know this from the Bible: God says the seventh day is the holy day, and GunnyL, that day, from the moment God spoke it to now is Saturday-- demonstrable both Biblically, and via the tradition of calandar keeping. And no one disputes it GunnyL, not Jewish scholars, not Christian scolars, not calandar scholars--nobody disputes which day God was talking about--the entire dispute, if there is one, is over whether or not the New Covenant tosses the Ten Commandments in favor of belief in Jesus.

And, of course, it doesn't.

GunnyL said:
You are mixing one statement with another and jumping to conclusion.
No.

Forum List

Back