Cults....

USAMomma

Jul 14, 2010
Who would run a cult?
How are these cult groups started?

Those with "Charisma" AKA sociopathic types: those with the ability to pursue people into being a part of something based upon false and misleading information and outright lies...Groups such as the one David Koresh ran. People like he who made his followers believe he was God.

I read a bit of this story this morning and it got me to thinking back to some of my college studies into Criminal Law classes.

18 years after Waco, Davidians believe Koresh was God

The report reads, in parts....

"Waco, Texas (CNN) -- Sheila Martin's children burned alive. God, she says, wanted it that way."
~~~~~~
A bit more,
"Branch Davidians believe that when people die, they are simply "unconscious," waiting to be resurrected so they can travel to a kingdom cut off to nonbelievers.
Lisa, 13; Sheila,15; Anita,18; Wayne Jr., 20; and Wayne Sr. -- they are just unconscious. They are just waiting.
David Koresh told his followers years before the men in uniforms arrived that a great apocalyptic battle with Babylon was coming and there would be destruction and fire and deaths.
So, Martin says, David was right. "David is the messiah, and he's coming back," she explains, inspecting a bush that's beginning to produce sweet peppers.
"Now we just wait for the kingdom."
~~~~~~~~~~
""What am I going to do, argue with everyone?" Doyle says. "When people ask why we still believe in David and what he preached, after everything, I think they are asking because they really do want to understand. What gets lost --- what got lost years ago and resulted in the deaths of many people -- is that none of us were looking to convert the masses. If you joined us, then fine, but if you didn't, then go on with your life.
"You don't have to believe as I do."
Doyle sits in his cluttered living room, detective paperbacks, tomes on theology and Laurel & Hardy videos crammed on bookshelves. The only item that has room to breathe is a photograph of his 18-year-old daughter, Shari.
She was one of Koresh's "wives."
In the photo, Shari is flaxen haired, flushed and smiling, hugging the family dog.
That Koresh bedded his daughter makes Doyle shift in his seat, and when he speaks of it, his jaw tightens.
Doyle says his daughter started having sex with Koresh when she was 14. Koresh fathered at least 13 children with sect followers and engaged in sexual acts with underage Davidian girls, according to the Justice Department, numerous affidavits of Davidians and interviews CNN conducted with survivors. "

You can read the entire report here:
18 years after Waco, Davidians believe Koresh was God - CNN.com

So, why would anyone allow such an individual to gain power over them; such power that they would allow their underage daughter to be raped by him?

Yeah, hard to understand...

I'd say anyone basically claiming to be "God" themselves would run the risk of starting a cult. Or perhaps (possibly, not always) if they deny the deity of Jesus Christ.

As for the people who follow someone who starts a cult; my belief is that they are still lost. If they listened to Jesus Christ and knew Him; He said He is the way the truth and the life. He is the propitiation for our sins, and the whole world. Him alone.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 John 2:2
And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Anyone who reads what the Lord Jesus Christ said, but then follows a person instead, well, really isn't listening Him and/or believing what He said and Who He is.

Could also be comparable to what Satan thinks. (below verses) Who thinks he knows better than God, and who thinks he will exalt himself above God. The good news is, he cannot. God is God, he is not. Neither are we.

Isaiah 14
12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Last edited:
cult
- 5 dictionary results
cult
   [kuhlt] Show IPA
–noun
a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
the object of such devotion.
a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
Sociology . a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.
a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members often living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
the members of such a religion or sect.
any system for treating human sickness that originated by a person usually claiming to have sole insight into the nature of disease, and that employs methods regarded as unorthodox or unscientific.

Cult | Define Cult at Dictionary.com

All religions are cults

Mind control is a powerful thing, David Koresh managed to convince these people to quit their jobs, sell their homes and give the cash to him, take their cars, and let him basically fuck their wives and daughters. Koresh was very good at manipulating these people, he did such an excellent job that even though he is dead, these people still sing his praises and think everything he did was right. I didnt even know the Branch Dividians were still around.

After reading the article I think these families feel they have to believe Koresh is God because they lost so much because of him, if they admit Koresh was wrong they lost so much for nothing. They feel they need to stay the course.

We have a friend that says Golf is most definitely a cult!

Sad though regarding Koresh and others like him and how they manipulated and took advantage of the naive and vulnerable

We have a friend that says Golf is most definitely a cult!

Sad though regarding Koresh and others like him and how they manipulated and took advantage of the naive and vulnerable

All religions do just that...they prey on impressionable minds. So long as people "search" there will always be someone there to fill the gaps. Good or bad...a thirst will always look to be quenched.

Who would run a cult?
How are these cult groups started?

Those with "Charisma" AKA sociopathic types: those with the ability to pursue people into being a part of something based upon false and misleading information and outright lies...Groups such as the one David Koresh ran. People like he who made his followers believe he was God.

I read a bit of this story this morning and it got me to thinking back to some of my college studies into Criminal Law classes.

18 years after Waco, Davidians believe Koresh was God

The report reads, in parts....

"Waco, Texas (CNN) -- Sheila Martin's children burned alive. God, she says, wanted it that way."
~~~~~~
A bit more,
"Branch Davidians believe that when people die, they are simply "unconscious," waiting to be resurrected so they can travel to a kingdom cut off to nonbelievers.
Lisa, 13; Sheila,15; Anita,18; Wayne Jr., 20; and Wayne Sr. -- they are just unconscious. They are just waiting.
David Koresh told his followers years before the men in uniforms arrived that a great apocalyptic battle with Babylon was coming and there would be destruction and fire and deaths.
So, Martin says, David was right. "David is the messiah, and he's coming back," she explains, inspecting a bush that's beginning to produce sweet peppers.
"Now we just wait for the kingdom."
~~~~~~~~~~
""What am I going to do, argue with everyone?" Doyle says. "When people ask why we still believe in David and what he preached, after everything, I think they are asking because they really do want to understand. What gets lost --- what got lost years ago and resulted in the deaths of many people -- is that none of us were looking to convert the masses. If you joined us, then fine, but if you didn't, then go on with your life.
"You don't have to believe as I do."
Doyle sits in his cluttered living room, detective paperbacks, tomes on theology and Laurel & Hardy videos crammed on bookshelves. The only item that has room to breathe is a photograph of his 18-year-old daughter, Shari.
She was one of Koresh's "wives."
In the photo, Shari is flaxen haired, flushed and smiling, hugging the family dog.
That Koresh bedded his daughter makes Doyle shift in his seat, and when he speaks of it, his jaw tightens.
Doyle says his daughter started having sex with Koresh when she was 14. Koresh fathered at least 13 children with sect followers and engaged in sexual acts with underage Davidian girls, according to the Justice Department, numerous affidavits of Davidians and interviews CNN conducted with survivors. "

You can read the entire report here:
18 years after Waco, Davidians believe Koresh was God - CNN.com

So, why would anyone allow such an individual to gain power over them; such power that they would allow their underage daughter to be raped by him?

Yeah, hard to understand...

christianity stared as a cult and hasn't changed much , catholic church is a large cult , baptism lutheran .
they all fit the definition of a cult .

Steve Martin is from Waco. Would you follow this guy?

steve_martin_250.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0]YouTube - Living Colour - Cult Of Personality[/ame]

List of some Denying Christ (Moreso, falsely claiming themselves to be Him)

List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Matthew 24
3 And as He sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of Thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in My Name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
We can tell/know if someone is of God, or is "antichrist".

1 John 4
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Forum List

Back