Creationism vs Intelligent Design?

I just finished reading and article in Astronomy magazine where the National Academy of Sciences asked Francis Drake to attempt to mathematically quantify life in our galaxy. The result was Drake's Equation:

N = R* Fp Ne Fl Fi Fc L​

That in itself petty well debunks the argument put forward in this thread that Intelligent Design is not science.

If one can mathematically prove the existence of extraterrestrial life under the umbrella of science, one can prove mathematically that life is too complex to arise through chance

In order for something to be science it needs to be falsifiable i.e. there needs to be some conceivable way to prove it as false. There is no possible way to disprove the idea that a God made life and the animals and didn't leave a trace. Therefore it's not science.

ROFL...

Talk about HUBRIS! And a CLASSIC example of anti-Religious faith.

Let me ask ya this FT...

Of all the knowledge which exist across the span of space-time... what percentage would you say that humanity possesses?

The correct question here is not the amount of knowledge that humans possess but rather how to test propositions scientifically.

I just finished reading and article in Astronomy magazine where the National Academy of Sciences asked Francis Drake to attempt to mathematically quantify life in our galaxy. The result was Drake's Equation:

N = R* Fp Ne Fl Fi Fc L​

That in itself petty well debunks the argument put forward in this thread that Intelligent Design is not science.

If one can mathematically prove the existence of extraterrestrial life under the umbrella of science, one can prove mathematically that life is too complex to arise through chance...and the explore alternate theories under that same umbrella.

cover.ashx

I would link to the article...but as far as I can find it is not available online yet.

Life did not arise by mere chance. Natural selection is not chance.

Natural selection is the continuation of RANDOM mutation.

Random = Chance.

Edit - You only get two choices...chance or design...there is no third option.

Last edited:
Hey, whatever happened to Gawd. Haven't seen much of him lately. No more "frogs from the sky" or "kill the first born"?

Worse, the people who say he talks them turn out to be certifiably "loony".

I see God everywhere.

Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be opened.

We will absolutely end at a stalemate debating the existence of God.

Better minds than either of ours have pondered the question for two thousand years, I am positive the final battle will not be decided on an internet message board.

Let's continue debating the topic at hand...evolution versus intelligent design.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkXPyY9Wo_A]YouTube - Voltaire-God Thinks[/ame]

God Thinks

Voltaire

Almost Human

God thinks all blacks are obsolete farm equipment
God thinks the Jews killed his son and must be punished
God thinks the white man is Satan
God, they know what God thinks

God thinks we should all convert to Judaism
God thinks we must all be Christians and
God thinks we should all embrace Islam
God thinks the only true religion is Hinduism

And I
I know what God thinks
God thinks you're a waste of flesh
God prefers an Atheist

God thinks all people like you are evil
God thinks all people like you are an embarassment to creation
self-righteous, judgemental, first to throw the stone
and use His name for your own protection

God thinks the sun revolves around the Earth
God thinks there was something very wrong with Copernicus
God thinks abortion is murder and
God thinks everything that science gave us is wrong
God thinks women deserve it
God thinks AIDS is a form of punishment

I hate people who blame the Devil for their own shortcomings and
I hate people who thank God when things go right

And I
I know what God thinks
God thinks you're an idiot
God prefers a heretic

God God
God thinks all people like you are evil
God thinks all people like you are an embarassment to creation
and use His name for your own agenda

God is a liberal
God is a democrat
God wants you to vote republican
never trust a man who puts his words in the mouth of god
and says that it's absolute truth
its lies and it smells like death
its all in a day's work taking money from the poor
Why do you think that God would need your dirty money
if he wanted to start a holy war?

and use His name for your own protection

God thinks puppies need to die and
God thinks babies need to drown
'cause God is neither good nor bad
God is you and me
God is Everything

N = R* Fp Ne Fl Fi Fc L​

If one can mathematically prove the existence of extraterrestrial life under the umbrella of science, one can prove mathematically that life is too complex to arise through chance...and the explore alternate theories under that same umbrella.

cover.ashx

I would link to the article...but as far as I can find it is not available online yet.

Random = Chance.

The mutation might be random but the consequences of the mutation is determined by SELECTION.

What I think some people lose track of is the fact of 4 or 5 or 6 BILLION year age of the earth. That's an incomprehensibly long time for natural selection to occur.

N = R* Fp Ne Fl Fi Fc L​

cover.ashx

Random = Chance.

There is a third option, chance with winners and losers, they being chosen by the conditions into which chance puts them.

Some dupe just told me they're wicked different.

Anyone want to take a stab at explaining exactly where the two disagree?

creationism = god

ID = super intelligent space aliens

Super intelligent space aliens or God.

Where did the super intelligent space aliens come from? Well most Idrs like to pretend that there can't be a third option between ID and evolution so I'm going to assume the designers were intelligently designed.

Where did that designer come from?

Well it could've been designed by something.

Keep going back through designers until you find one that wasn't designed, this will likely be a God of some sort.

Creationism is not science and not subject to the scientific method. It is a belief.
Evolution is science having been subjected to the scientific method and stood every test.
Creationism should be taught in the schools in religion and philosophy classes.
However, it is not science and should never be allowed to be taught there.

N = R* Fp Ne Fl Fi Fc L​

cover.ashx

Random = Chance.

Is it? Well then where continuation is random, then there should be plenty of examples where species of birds evolved with their mouths oh the top of their heads and their eyes on the bottom of their feet.

Haven't seen much of that... of course, such birds would tend to drown in and around the first rain and be converted into food, pretty much every time they stopped flying and perched upon something... given they'd be blind on landing.

So I'm thinking that it's probably not random... and I don't give a red rats ass WHERE ya got that crap from.

Nature designs into it's creation the means to evolve to meet the conditions which it's environment presents.... That HARDLY sets aside creation being the result of intelligent design... seems to me that any design which failed to do so would be one helluva long way from intelligent and the chronic failure of its design would be the first clue.

That we can't discern the scope or composition of that Creator doesn't discredit the Creator; it merely points to our own stark limitations...

The fact is that our design doesn't rate such a means... we live on a tiny little bubble in a tiny little solar system in a not particularly noteworthy universe; in a SEA OF UNIVERSES... We have JUST in the last decade or so managed to spot other planets which are NOT IN OUR OWN SOLAR SYSTEM... I don't think it's unreasonable to recognize that we wouldn't have a handle on the composition of the Creator.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1902366 said:
Pilg, facts are not stawmen.

Nice fail, though.

Which is why i left the rest of that post alone.

The part in red is the strawman though.

ID came about because some scientists realized that Darwin can't explain everything. They want to find out the scientific answers to explain the gaps.

Then you have flat-earthers who try to tear down these people who want to do research because they are closed minded flat-earther types.

If we never questioned science then We would still be using newtonian physics.

ID came about through intuition and/or logic and reason long before it was taught as a religious doctrine. Almost all cultures have had some concept/lore/legend or whatever about how and/or why the world is as it is. Both Plato and Aristotle formulated a notion of ID. There are zero aspects of creationism in Buddhist beliefs, but at least some Buddhist sects have arrived at a Platonia concept of ID. Even Einstein who rejected a concept of a personal God could not accept that all this was a matter of pure chance and luck that we have a universe as we know it.

Certainly Creationism as described in the Bible is one doctrine expressing ideas of ID. But it is by no means the only one.

☭proletarian☭;2080993 said:
ID came about through intuition and/or logic and reason long before it was taught as a religious doctrine.

:lol:

Well the exception would be you of course who almost certainly is better educated, more intelligent, and has a better understanding of logic and reason than Plato or Aristotle had.

ID came about through intuition and/or logic and reason long before it was taught as a religious doctrine.

Well the exception would be you of course who almost certainly is better educated, more intelligent, and has a better understanding of logic and reason than Plato or Aristotle had.

Appeal to authority

tff

Anyone with a smidgen of interest in science understands that "Gawd did it", is the most "lame" theory possible. In fact, it's not even a "theory". It's just a "wish".

'Goddunit' is an appeal to ignorance and has nothing to do with reason or logic.

Forum List

Back