Could you vote for a 78 year Joe Biden old for president?

Do you think that a 78 year old Joe Biden could be an effective president for 4-8 years?

• Yes, he seems to be in good enough shape to be an effective president

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No, at 78 Joe is running on borrowed time, he would not be able to do the job effectively

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Not to mention age discrimination, or physical condition, or political experience, or political connections, or name recognition, etc. Just considering the physical and mental requirements of the presidency, do you think that a 78 year old like Biden could effectively do the job for 4-8 years? The primary rat race will show us something about his stamina, but even then, the meter is running and he will be 79, 80, 81, then 82.

Lets take a poll...

Not to mention age discrimination, or physical condition, or political experience, or political connections, or name recognition, etc. Just considering the physical and mental requirements of the presidency, do you think that a 78 year old like Biden could effectively do the job for 4-8 years? The primary rat race will show us something about his stamina, but even then, the meter is running and he will be 79, 80, 81, then 82.

Lets take a poll...
If he’s running against trump yes.

But I’ll vote for someone younger than him and Bernie in the primaries.

The age difference between Trump and Biden is minimal.And Trump is a heart attack waiting to happen
And Biden is a good man. He might not like John McCain but he wouldn’t attack a dead war hero.

But it is good to know republicans have been lying on usmb when they showed outrage anytime us liberals said anything that wasn’t completely complimentary about soldiers.

We can say whatever we want about soldiers now. We don’t have to respect the troops. Our leader trump showed us they don’t deserve respect.

The age difference between Trump and Biden is minimal.And Trump is a heart attack waiting to happen

The age difference is significant, especially approaching 80. Trump was born June 14, 1946, and Biden Nov 20, 1942, so about 3.5 years, but Trump has 4-years in as president already including a very stressful Mueller witch hunt. Basically Trump will have completed his 8-years at the same age Biden would be starting his 8-years. That is a very big difference. Imagine Trump running for another 8-years, not just 4. Sorry, but Biden is simply too old to be president.

The age difference is significant, especially approaching 80. Trump was born June 14, 1946, and Biden Nov 20, 1942, so about 3.5 years, but Trump has 4-years in as president already including a very stressful Mueller witch hunt. Basically Trump will have completed his 8-years at the same age Biden would be starting his 8-years. That is a very big difference. Imagine Trump running for another 8-years, not just 4. Sorry, but Biden is simply too old to be president.
Biden is 3 1/2 years older and a whole lot healthier.

He's running for ONE term at a time. No President is elected for 8 years

This argument is stupid

His age is the last thing that would concern me.
His obvious, impossible to ignore fascination and inappropriateness with very young girls is far-far-far more problematic.

Biden is 3 1/2 years older and a whole lot healthier.

He's running for ONE term at a time. No President is elected for 8 years

This argument is stupid

The "argument" is that at 78 - 82 Biden's brain would not be able to function as well as Trump's at 70-74 for their first term as president. Even comparing them both for the January 2021 inauguration, 78 for Biden vs 74 for Trump, there would still be concerns for mental abilities. See the following link, it explains why 80-year olds have more auto accidents than 70 year olds. I don't think that Biden would get the nomination, but if he did, age and fitness for office would be a concern.
Cognitive Skills and the Aging Brain: What to Expect

Joe Biden is a Civil War veteran.
joe-biden-dumbshegwefjhe.jpg

His age is the last thing that would concern me.
His obvious, impossible to ignore fascination and inappropriateness with very young girls is far-far-far more problematic.

Trump molesting his daughter is more problematic
You seem to have a glass houses problem

And Biden is a good man. He might not like John McCain but he wouldn’t attack a dead war hero.

But it is good to know republicans have been lying on usmb when they showed outrage anytime us liberals said anything that wasn’t completely complimentary about soldiers.

We can say whatever we want about soldiers now. We don’t have to respect the troops. Our leader trump showed us they don’t deserve respect.
That's bullshit. While my respect for our troops is not unconditional ...it certainly is not based on what someone else does or doesn't do.

Ya don't get to disrespect the troops just because the piece of shit Trump does.

Not because he is 78. Not because he is Joe Biden, which is reason enough. Because lending the tacit approval of a vote in the silly notion that I have any say in chosing the next thief to rule over me is one I do not abide.

Forum List

Back