Could TSA pat downs spread STDs?

Epic fail!~

Health care professionals see many, many patients who are not considered contagious. Yet they still use gloves. Example: Allergy patients, pediatric patients getting well baby checks, nursing home patients, psych patients, cardiac patients, surgery patients. There are many more. Yet here we are with another agency given cart blanche to spread disease all day long.

Universal precautions assumes that everyone is infected regardless of diagnosis. Health care professionals are required to use gloves. If they don't their facility can be fined thousands of dollars for each instance gloves are not used.

:bsflag:

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Nice that I happen to be here for the holiday......

Of course YOUR daughter NEVER changes her gloves between patients. Good Show there! I hope whatever her licensing board is nabs her real good and fast! And you are dead sure that NONE of those people going through checkpoints and being handled by the TSA have any open weeping wounds, lice, scabies, ringworm, TB, MRSA, or other infectious junk that can be passed to the next person if they don't change gloves. Keep it up. You and your genius daughter.

Please simply admit that a RN knows more about requirements in their own clinic than you do and move on. I hate it when people make themselves look so stupid.

Daughter happens to work in a pediatric facility. According to her about 25% of their patients are for well baby clinic. Also according to her, gloves are only required when handling body fluids, or giving shots.

Of course YOUR daughter NEVER changes her gloves between patients. Good Show there! I hope whatever her licensing board is nabs her real good and fast! And you are dead sure that NONE of those people going through checkpoints and being handled by the TSA have any open weeping wounds, lice, scabies, ringworm, TB, MRSA, or other infectious junk that can be passed to the next person if they don't change gloves. Keep it up. You and your genius daughter.

Please simply admit that a RN knows more about requirements in their own clinic than you do and move on. I hate it when people make themselves look so stupid.

If your daughter is handling patients without changing her gloves between patients, (which is what the TSA is doing) then she needs to lose her license and her employer needs a hefty fine. End of story. She clearly knows NOTHING about the regs. Keep talking.

Last edited:

If your daughter is handling patients without changing her gloves between patients, (which is what the TSA is doing) then she needs to lose her license and her employer needs a hefty fine. End of story. She clearly knows NOTHING about the regs. Keep talking.
You're an idiot. Neither doctors nor nurses are required to wear gloves. They all wash their hands between patients.

Google is your friend.

You're an idiot. Neither doctors nor nurses are required to wear gloves. They all wash their hands between patients.

Google is your friend.

OK. GREAT! Ask your doctor to do your next rectal exam or surgery of any kind sans gloves! :clap2:

Actually, Google may be YOUR friend or enemy as the case may be. I went to college and took licensing and certification exams to do what I do.

If you think ALL nurses and doctors cleanse their hands between patients, you should 'Google' "Nosocomial infection" and "Iatrogenic Illness."

Last edited:
Is that your job, rectal exams? I'm sure you are very good at it.

Regardless, most doctors and nurses don't perform them. And no tsa employees do.

Retard.

Google is your friend.

OK. GREAT! Ask your doctor to do your next rectal exam or surgery of any kind sans gloves! :clap2:

Actually, Google may be YOUR friend or enemy as the case may be. I went to college and took licensing and certification exams to do what I do.

If you think ALL nurses and doctors cleanse their hands between patients, you should 'Google' "Nosocomial infection" and "Iatrogenic Illness."

You know, I happen to be rather proud of my daughter. And I am quite certain she knows more about requirements and the laws that affect her and her chosen profession than anyone on this board. SO, please provide us with a law that would require a nurse to wear a pair of gloves to take a childs temperature or blood pressure.

Again, the only requirement to wear gloves is when handling body fluids or giving a shot. (I do believe a rectal exam by a doctor fits that requirement. I don't believe that a security pat down fits the requirement though. In fact I wouldn't doubt that the TSA wears gloves to protect them more than to protect us.

Pat downs are not going to spread STD's no matter how you spin it.

i have a suggestion for all of you that are scared you MIGHT get an STD from the TSA patdowns

DON'T FLY

The tsa doesn't touch naked skin...wtf is wrong with you people? Instead of voicing legitimate concerns you make shit up...how stupid.

Perhaps you should inform the TSA that they do not touch skin. Their own blog has at least one picture of them doing exactly that.

The TSA Blog: What Happens If My Hands Alarm During an Explosives Trace Detection Test (And other questions answered)
I should have been clear...the naked skin discussed in the OP. Hands can be washed. In fact, we probably have more to fear from you, who doesn't wash his hands after using the toilet, than we do from the tsa.

So, instead of just admitting that you are wrong, and that not only does the TSA actually touch bare skin, but they touch what is generally considered the dirtiest part of the body, (which you actually alluded to with your comment about me not washing my hands) you resort to a personal attack. I love the way you ignore the new policy about checking inside baggy clothing, running hands up under skirts/dresses/kilts, and everything else to cling to your position. Or does that not count as bare skin either?

Last edited:
so, if you are on a plane, sitting next to someone that is deathly allergic to peanuts, you couldnt NOT eat those peanuts to avoid putting that persons life in danger?

thats pretty damned cold, man

Fuck him. If me eating peanuts is going to kill him the gene pool is better off with him dead.
He has more right to fly safely with his purchased ticket than you do to be given peanuts by the stewardess.

I carry my own, just to kill off anyone who is allergic to them. That is evolution at its best. Unlike most progressives, I do not expect everyone to cater to my every whim.

Sitting here at my daughters house. (The RN) and her and I are laughing so hard at this that I can barely type a response................

Ask her how often she washes/sanitizes her hands. Ask her if she washes/sanitizes her hands before she touches a patient? Ask her if she touches on person and then touches another?

Obviously any health professional sanitizes their hands between patients. Just as it is obvious that they are usually seeing patients who are sick. The TSA is patting down people who are fully clothed and traveling, most of whom it can be assumed, are not to sick to travel. There really is no comparison here. The chances of the TSA spreading a STD through pat downs are so astronomical that it is still laughable.

Let me see if I can explain this to you. The TSA comes into contact with millions of people every day. They get pretty intimate with some of them. Sheer numbers make it certain that they come into contact with people with infectious diseases. The lack of a hygiene policy makes it inevitable that someone is going to get sick as a result of that contact. The way that will work is that TSA personnel are most likely to get sick, their families are next in line, and the public is last. The likelihood of you, as an individual, getting sick from your interaction with the TSA is minuscule. The possibility that someone get sick nears 100%.

Ask your RN daughter to think about that as a medical professional, consult an epidemiologist, and ask her if I am still blowing hot air. My guess is that she will see my point.

Obviously any health professional sanitizes their hands between patients. Just as it is obvious that they are usually seeing patients who are sick. The TSA is patting down people who are fully clothed and traveling, most of whom it can be assumed, are not to sick to travel. There really is no comparison here. The chances of the TSA spreading a STD through pat downs are so astronomical that it is still laughable.

Epic fail!~

Health care professionals see many, many patients who are not considered contagious. Yet they still use gloves. Example: Allergy patients, pediatric patients getting well baby checks, nursing home patients, psych patients, cardiac patients, surgery patients. There are many more. Yet here we are with another agency given cart blanche to spread disease all day long.

Universal precautions assumes that everyone is infected regardless of diagnosis. Health care professionals are required to use gloves. If they don't their facility can be fined thousands of dollars for each instance gloves are not used.

Yet they still sterilize their hands after each patient, even the well ones. Why is that?

Here is a little food for thought. Glad someone has published about it. I have emailed the CDC. BUT the CDC is not a regulatory agency. People who fly really need to contact their state department of health.

TSA pat-downs could spread sexually-transmitted disease and contribute to pandemics
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals , and sweeping bare armpits and buttocks , those latex gloves being worn by the TSA agents are obviously teeming with germs.

And yet TSA agents often don't change gloves between patting down passengers . They're often using the same gloves on you and your crotch as they were using on the previous passenger's exploratory crotch feel.

This means, of course, that the TSA is now engaged in extremely risky behavior that could spread sexually-transmitted disease , cold viruses, skin fungi (such as ringworm), and even contribute to a pandemic outbreak.

So now, while the TSA claims to be protecting your safety , they could actually be infecting you with pandemic disease at the same time

More here: TSA Feel-Ups Could Spread STDs? - Health - Black Voices Conversations

And here is a little more on the topic of infections which can be spread this way:

Infectious Skin Diseases

And lets don't forget MRSA.

This actually IS a public health issue.

Has anyone actually read the Blog quoted in the OP?

Here's a little item Sunshine omitted from her quote:

(NaturalNews) There's a startling fact about the TSA pat-downs that most of us have not realized: TSA agents often do not change their latex gloves between pat-downs! With these pat-down reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals

Um....."pat down" does not mean "reaching into your pants , feeling your genitals."

This thread was begun by an idiot.

***unsubscribe***

dont be so bossie.. there samson.....

what a threat..we iz gonna unsubscribe to this thread due to stupidity? really?

499223d5.jpg

I think it is hilarious, Patdowns and STD's...

And comparing the TSA to Medical personnel......

Absolutely Hilarious.
while i think the TSA patdowns might be a bit too extreme, this fear of STD's is ridiculous

It was the article that talked of STDs. I have listed several noxious things you can catch from TSA agents using the same gloves on you that they have used on the line of people in front of you.

Epic fail!~

Yet they still sterilize their hands after each patient, even the well ones. Why is that?

Um... I've never known of a person who sterilized their hands. I think you mean sanitize.

As to your question.....private ollie knows all about it. His DAUGHTER is a nurse. He got it all by osmosis.

Ask her how often she washes/sanitizes her hands. Ask her if she washes/sanitizes her hands before she touches a patient? Ask her if she touches on person and then touches another?

Let me see if I can explain this to you. The TSA comes into contact with millions of people every day. They get pretty intimate with some of them. Sheer numbers make it certain that they come into contact with people with infectious diseases. The lack of a hygiene policy makes it inevitable that someone is going to get sick as a result of that contact. The way that will work is that TSA personnel are most likely to get sick, their families are next in line, and the public is last. The likelihood of you, as an individual, getting sick from your interaction with the TSA is minuscule. The possibility that someone get sick nears 100%.

Ask your RN daughter to think about that as a medical professional, consult an epidemiologist, and ask her if I am still blowing hot air. My guess is that she will see my point.

Maybe SHE got her degree by osmosis as well! :lol:

Forum List

Back