Copycat Recipes?

I wonder why they don't call it cheese pie?
Cause it's cake...

But it has a crust, like pie.
Cake has a crust also..

What cake has a crust? I think it's more like pie. I'm going to petition to have the name changed to cheese pie. :D
Cake has crust, if not the insides would fall out..

Not like pie though. Cake is cake. Pie is pie. Cheese pie is a pie. :D

Cause it's cake...

Cake has a crust also..

What cake has a crust? I think it's more like pie. I'm going to petition to have the name changed to cheese pie. :D

You Yankees eat cheesecake, in the south we eat Mississippi Mud...
Mississippi_Mud_Bars-3stack-580.jpg

Cake has a crust also..

That's just a nutty brownie. :D

Cake has a crust also..

And cheese cake is just cream cheese...

And cheese cake is just cream cheese...

And sugar and crust. :D

Is there a copycat recipe for whiskey? :dunno:

It is illegal to distill without a license in the US.
It is illegal to "FreezeJack" as well.

Sorry, buddy. Either you stick to beer or 'wines' recipes, or you buying your Jack Daniel's

I have a great one for Rice-A-Roni.

1. Get some rice (any kind really - this is for 1-2 cups of rice - I eyeball everything usually) and some thin spaghetti or angel hair. Break up the pasta into small pieces (I like them about 1 cm or less). I put it in a large freezer bag and bang it with something. That works well.
2. Melt some butter or margarine in a saucepan and add rice and broken up pasta.
3. Mix well until rice and pasta coated with butter and let cook on low to medium heat until the rice and pasta start to brown.
4. Add about a tbsp of onion powder and about 2 tbsp of good quality chicken broth (homemade is best of course! :))
5. Mix that together well and then add water about 2 fingersbreadth above the level of the rice/pasta mixture.
6. Cover and cook until water is absorbed.
7. Serve and Eat!!! :)

I will add more recipes as I come across good ones. If you have any good ones, feel free to add them please! :)

Desperate to figure out how to make pork fried rice like from Chinese food places. One near here is delicious but ridiculously expensive.

By the way

A dish from one restaurant will not taste the same at another. Best thing to do is ask the chef how he makes it.

There are websites dedicted to recipes. I just searched for Pork Fried rice and got these results.

pork fried rice - - Yahoo Search Results

That is a lot of characters in a search site!

Have tried making my own but it never comapres. I assume they buy their's in bulk from a dsitributor then just heat it up in the wok making me wait 20 mins while they do so. :)

Oh yeah--the difference in familiarity and skill makes a difference to.

There are websites dedicted to recipes. I just searched for Pork Fried rice and got these results.

pork fried rice - - Yahoo Search Results

That is a lot of characters in a search site!

Have tried making my own but it never comapres. I assume they buy their's in bulk from a dsitributor then just heat it up in the wok making me wait 20 mins while they do so. :)

Oh yeah--the difference in familiarity and skill makes a difference to.

Quality of ingredients matters too. I can't even eat chinese out since making my own. It's gross, fattening, and just yuck.

I remember trying to make Moo Goo Gai Pan.

Not a pleasant memory. Chicken was rubbery, mushrooms extra soggy, wrong type of vegetable altogether.

I think you are suppose to steam the chicken, not boil it. I will try again one day. It is one of my favorite chinese dishes.

I remember trying to make Moo Goo Gai Pan.

Not a pleasant memory. Chicken was rubbery, mushrooms extra soggy, wrong type of vegetable altogether.

I think you are suppose to steam the chicken, not boil it. I will try again one day. It is one of my favorite chinese dishes.

Here's the recipe I use
Mah Gu Gai Pin Moo Goo Gai Pan) Recipe - Food.com

Thanks, I will try it out soon. Oyster sauce is not something I keep in the kitchen.

I have a great one for Rice-A-Roni.

1. Get some rice (any kind really - this is for 1-2 cups of rice - I eyeball everything usually) and some thin spaghetti or angel hair. Break up the pasta into small pieces (I like them about 1 cm or less). I put it in a large freezer bag and bang it with something. That works well.
2. Melt some butter or margarine in a saucepan and add rice and broken up pasta.
3. Mix well until rice and pasta coated with butter and let cook on low to medium heat until the rice and pasta start to brown.
4. Add about a tbsp of onion powder and about 2 tbsp of good quality chicken broth (homemade is best of course! :))
5. Mix that together well and then add water about 2 fingersbreadth above the level of the rice/pasta mixture.
6. Cover and cook until water is absorbed.
7. Serve and Eat!!! :)

I will add more recipes as I come across good ones. If you have any good ones, feel free to add them please! :)

Desperate to figure out how to make pork fried rice like from Chinese food places. One near here is delicious but ridiculously expensive.

I'll see if I can dig something up for you. I know that when making fried rice at home, it's best to use leftover rice that you've had sitting in the fridge overnight because it makes it more starchy and flavorful.

Forum List

Back