Copycat Recipes?

Well thanks, but some of these recipes are really quite good and taste just like the real thing! Of course, if it was too sweet or something, I can adjust for that, but I will probably stick to the recipe the first time. :)

Of course you should do whatever you want. I bake a lot so I use vanilla bean paste because it has the little seeds in it like a vanilla pod. Any high quality supermarket will carry it. The extracts are a waste of money, especially in something as strong as cheesecake. Americans do love their sugar even though it is killing us.

It's okay to indulge sometimes. As long as you don't eat cheesecake every day! :D

The idea of baking from scratch is to control the ingredients. I would never follow a recipe 100%. Let's say you get 8 slices out of your cheesecake, you will end up with over 1/8 cup sugar in each slice. That is way too much sugar to indulge in.

Well thanks, but some of these recipes are really quite good and taste just like the real thing! Of course, if it was too sweet or something, I can adjust for that, but I will probably stick to the recipe the first time. :)

Of course you should do whatever you want. I bake a lot so I use vanilla bean paste because it has the little seeds in it like a vanilla pod. Any high quality supermarket will carry it. The extracts are a waste of money, especially in something as strong as cheesecake. Americans do love their sugar even though it is killing us.

It's okay to indulge sometimes. As long as you don't eat cheesecake every day! :D

The idea of baking from scratch is to control the ingredients. I would never follow a recipe 100%. Let's say you get 8 slices out of your cheesecake, you will end up with over 1/8 cup sugar in each slice. That is way too much sugar to indulge in.

Oh, I indulge. Lol. :lol: I eat candy and junk sometimes. Heck, you only live once. You need to get SOME enjoyment.

Oh, I indulge. Lol. :lol: I eat candy and junk sometimes. Heck, you only live once. You need to get SOME enjoyment.

Cheesecake is plenty enjoyable without all that sugar.

Okay. Well, you can make your cheesecake without the sugar. :D I happen to have a sweet tooth.

Okay. Well, you can make your cheesecake without the sugar. :D I happen to have a sweet tooth.
Let me take care of that for you... :slap:

Real cheesecake is not real sweet...

I've never eaten a cheesecake that wasn't sweet. :dunno:

But it is cheesy. :thup:

I tasted no cheddar...

Cheese and cake. Two of the best foods in the world! :lol:

I tasted no cheddar...
Yet, it was creamy. Am I correct in that assumption, Mr.M?

And where were you on the night of April 16, 2008?

I tasted no cheddar...
Yet, it was creamy. Am I correct in that assumption, Mr.M?

And where were you on the night of April 16, 2008?
Getting pissed...

Forum List

Back