Cops are not soldiers ...

The OP is forgetting the fact that even the Sheriff acknowledged that his deputies should have went in. In fact, he was totally disgusted they did not.

Soldiers don't arrest you for weed either...

Speak to your legislator. The second it becomes legal, we stop making arrests.

Trust me, we do NOT need the extra paperwork.
There shouldn't be anyone in prison on charges having to do with grass, using or distributing. It's ridiculous. Hard drugs yes, grass no. And no addicts should be in prison for using hard drugs: they should be in rehab facilities.
People who blow pot smoke onto others in public should be executed. Ignorance is no excuse.

There shouldn't be anyone in prison on charges having to do with grass, using or distributing. It's ridiculous. Hard drugs yes, grass no. And no addicts should be in prison for using hard drugs: they should be in rehab facilities.
People who blow pot smoke onto others in public should be executed. Ignorance is no excuse.
LOL I don't think anyone purposely blows pot smoke in anyone's face. Have you been to Amsterdam where pot is legal and has been for decades? I have, and there is literally no problem anywhere unless you go to or walk past a pot 'cafe.' That's where the folks sit, socialize and smoke their pot. They buy it there too. The solution if you don't like it? Don't go into such a cafe. Pretty simple.

LOL I don't think anyone purposely blows pot smoke in anyone's face. Have you been to Amsterdam where pot is legal and has been for decades? I have, and there is literally no problem anywhere unless you go to or walk past a pot 'cafe.' That's where the folks sit, socialize and smoke there pot. They buy it there too. The solution if you don't like it? Don't go into such a cafe. Pretty simple.

You know that's too complicated for a RWNJ like him.

LOL I don't think anyone purposely blows pot smoke in anyone's face. Have you been to Amsterdam where pot is legal and has been for decades? I have, and there is literally no problem anywhere unless you go to or walk past a pot 'cafe.' That's where the folks sit, socialize and smoke their pot. They buy it there too. The solution if you don't like it? Don't go into such a cafe. Pretty simple.

we have many for profit prisons in the US, and they want the beds full.

Children and babies, too? You should go to prison.

I put people in prison.

you are a flucking prosecuting attorney-----TORQUEMADA??

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

aM8QYPR_700b.jpg

A lot of people are making comparisons between cops and soldiers when it comes to life-threatening situations and while there are some similarities, in a deadly force scenario, they are totally different things.

1. Soldiers fight to destroy an enemy ... cops enforce laws in a civilian population.

2. Soldiers protect themselves by using overwhelming firepower ... cops must use the minimum amount of force proportionate to the objective. (If anything, cops are frequently at a firepower disadvantage in deadly force situations). Cops protect themselves with superior numbers and tactics.

3. If a soldier kills an enemy soldier, he's doing his job ... if a cop kills an offender, even an armed offender, he's subjected to a homicide investigation and a stigma that follows him for his entire career.

4. The Army cannot be sued or prosecuted for civilian casualties in the legitimate exercise of warfare ... police departments are open to civil litigation every time they do their job. This leads to very conflicting priorities for officers who are told to both protect themselves at all costs but also to prevent civilian casualties.

You don't want cops to be like soldiers. You don't want them rolling into neighborhoods with overwhelming firepower and inflicting acceptable rates of civilian casualties to suppress crime. You don't want cops calling in airstrikes or arty rounds to suppress a crack house.

Cops and soldiers are trained to deal with deadly force situations in very different ways and that's the way it should be.
Still defending rank cowardice, I see. When children are being murdered, you damned well better act, or carry the stigma of a coward for the rest of your life.

A lot of people are making comparisons between cops and soldiers when it comes to life-threatening situations and while there are some similarities, in a deadly force scenario, they are totally different things.

1. Soldiers fight to destroy an enemy ... cops enforce laws in a civilian population.

2. Soldiers protect themselves by using overwhelming firepower ... cops must use the minimum amount of force proportionate to the objective. (If anything, cops are frequently at a firepower disadvantage in deadly force situations). Cops protect themselves with superior numbers and tactics.

3. If a soldier kills an enemy soldier, he's doing his job ... if a cop kills an offender, even an armed offender, he's subjected to a homicide investigation and a stigma that follows him for his entire career.

4. The Army cannot be sued or prosecuted for civilian casualties in the legitimate exercise of warfare ... police departments are open to civil litigation every time they do their job. This leads to very conflicting priorities for officers who are told to both protect themselves at all costs but also to prevent civilian casualties.

You don't want cops to be like soldiers. You don't want them rolling into neighborhoods with overwhelming firepower and inflicting acceptable rates of civilian casualties to suppress crime. You don't want cops calling in airstrikes or arty rounds to suppress a crack house.

Cops and soldiers are trained to deal with deadly force situations in very different ways and that's the way it should be.
Still defending rank cowardice, I see. When children are being murdered, you damned well better act, or carry the stigma of a coward for the rest of your life.

they may not have know IMMEDIATELY----be patient---the cops will investigate

So every responsible person should arm theirself. The police can't always protect everyone.

they may not have know IMMEDIATELY----be patient---the cops will investigate

And we should trust the investigation of the cops by the very same cops?

Why is it that someone who shoots a cop is tried and convicted before the investigation into a cop shooting an unarmed man is concluded? It supposedly took two years to investigate the death of John Geer after all.

That’s rude.
I make a living playing music, primarily a wind instrument. Now your ignorant pot ilk are costing me jobs by exposing me and others to their THC.
You are dangerously ignorant and callous.

LOL I don't think anyone purposely blows pot smoke in anyone's face. Have you been to Amsterdam where pot is legal and has been for decades? I have, and there is literally no problem anywhere unless you go to or walk past a pot 'cafe.' That's where the folks sit, socialize and smoke there pot. They buy it there too. The solution if you don't like it? Don't go into such a cafe. Pretty simple.

You know that's too complicated for a RWNJ like him.
Right wingers are also as ignorant about pot as you are.

Forum List

Back