Thanks to guns, these women were not victims

Mom-daughter duo shoot would-be robber in their liquor store

That is one tough dude though, that woman shot that guy point blank in the back and he kept fighting at least for a bit.
This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Anecdotal accounts concerning small numbers of individuals proves nothing, and justifies nothing.
What I noticed is neither of these women knew how to shoot....they were lucky they didn't shoot their finger or each other.
Pistols aren't the best defense.
Give me a 12 gauge any day.

I have a feeling those women would disagree with you on that.

If you happen to be in that "small number" who is saved by guns, it does prove something, bigtime.

And according to Clinton, that small number is about a million a year.

I guess that's small to people like you and Pelosi, who call 2000 dollar bonuses "crumbs." Says the ugly old bitch worth a couple of hundred million dollars.

Uh, for a small woman a 12 gauge would be very hard to handle and more likely to hit bystanders. That's a stupid thing to say in close quarters combat.

a 12 gauge may kick the hell outta me but it will stop what is in front of me

pump loaded with .00
single shot loaded with .00
.22 single shot loaded with hollow points
.22 multi shot loaded with hollow points

I have a feeling those women would disagree with you on that.

If you happen to be in that "small number" who is saved by guns, it does prove something, bigtime.

And according to Clinton, that small number is about a million a year.

I guess that's small to people like you and Pelosi, who call 2000 dollar bonuses "crumbs." Says the ugly old bitch worth a couple of hundred million dollars.

Uh, for a small woman a 12 gauge would be very hard to handle and more likely to hit bystanders. That's a stupid thing to say in close quarters combat.

A million per year? Gee. That sounds like a big number. How many per day is that, anyway?

APPLAUDING!!! Great story about some tough ladies!

I've been a member here for years but I hardly ever post. Just want to say THANK YOU to all my favorite posters. You don't know who you are but if you're Anti-Liberal b.s. then you've got a fan in me.

a 12 gauge may kick the hell outta me but it will stop what is in front of me

pump loaded with .00
single shot loaded with .00
.22 single shot loaded with hollow points
.22 multi shot loaded with hollow points
Refill the shells with rock salt. The thug will wish you killed him.

That is one tough dude though, that woman shot that guy point blank in the back and he kept fighting at least for a bit.
Good for them. Too bad way more women were murdered by guns though. Very sad.

No...women are murdered by bad choices in men.....the method isn't the issue, since a man can strangle a woman or murder her with a 9 dollar Walmart camping hatchet.....but a woman with a gun can stop that man.....without the gun? She ends up dead.

Anecdotal accounts concerning small numbers of individuals proves nothing, and justifies nothing.

That is why I rely on actual research on defensive gun use over 41 years....

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

That is why I use actual research to support the point that guns are the most effective self defense for women against men....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

And that is why I look at long term trends and research.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

AND THEREIN LIES THE RUB: even if the occasional kook gets hold of a gun and kills some people, or some bad people use them, all these mindless, mother-driven, far left reactionary anti-gun banners never stop to realize because our media refuses to cover it is that far, far more good is done and crime prevented and lives saved by people being free to defend themselves.

And just as one can no more sweep the beaches free of sand, no one can "rid the world of guns" to make gun-free zones work as they imagine they should. So, the far easier and sensible thing is to allow people the freedom to defend themselves.

What a dirty filthy ass animal. Lucky those two decent white women had a gun, right? RIGHT!?!?!?

ea3f5a751b96b1c38f6713e487e6b2bd

There is the animal. All of the typical features. Wise nose, big thick ass lips. Oh, and of course a criminal. I mean of course.

Forum List

Back