cop shoots partner

Hmmmm...they banned guns in Britain, and now British police want to give more guns to your cops.....funny how that works...

Again.

48 Gun homicides in the UK
15,000 gun homicides in the US.

One of us is doing it wrong.

According to the FBI, 10.982 in 2017..... of those 70-80% of the victims are criminals, not normal people..of the rest of the victims, they are majority friends and family of the criminals........ and those murders....take place in tiny areas of cities controlled by the democrat party for decades with their catch and release policies toward violent criminals....known, violent, repeat gun offenders.....

On the other side? Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives....and over the last 26 years as more Americans own and actually carry guns for self defense, our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%, our violent crime rate has gone down 72%.....showing that guns aren't the problem...

Democrats letting violent criminals out of prison is the problem.

According to the FBI, 10.982 in 2017.

And the CDC says 14,415.

Guns in the United States — Firearms, gun law and gun control

Either number would be WAAAAAYYYY too high.

of those 70-80% of the victims are criminals, not normal people..of the rest of the victims, they are majority friends and family of the criminals........ and those murders....take place in tiny areas of cities controlled by the democrat party for decades with their catch and release policies toward violent criminals....known, violent, repeat gun offenders.....

Oh, so it's totally okay if THOSE people die, then.

Nope, Guy, you aren't even a little racist.

On the other side? Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives....

Nope. Still not true. Just because a gun made you feel better about your tiny dick did not mean it saved any lives.

they are not trigger happy..please do the math 3 MIL divided by 1000 [ and most of those are armed and dangerous ]

LaQuan McDonald
Walter Scott
Mike Brown
Tamir Rice

Yes, the cops are trigger happy.
4 less animals.
Tamir Rice was 12 yr old with a toy gun....how is he an animal?

Walter Scott was shot in the back, how is he an animal?

Meanwhile these two were called patriots when they were aiming their guns at law enforcement (Bundy Ranch); then folks turned and act shocked when they murder 2 police officers...

But no, the 12 yr old with a toy gun is the animal...again, Trump lovers are pathetic..
539603116bb3f71337952136-750-480.jpg

they are not trigger happy..please do the math 3 MIL divided by 1000 [ and most of those are armed and dangerous ]

LaQuan McDonald
Walter Scott
Mike Brown
Tamir Rice

When officers confronted McDonald, he used a knife with a 3-inch (7.5 cm) blade to slice the tire on a patrol vehicle and damage its windshield
and this DANGEROUS idiot CRIMINAL had a knife also
and you want the cops to WAIT to shoot???? DUMB

Murder of Laquan McDonald - Wikipedia

The cops fucked up there.

Hmmmm...they banned guns in Britain, and now British police want to give more guns to your cops.....funny how that works...

Again.

48 Gun homicides in the UK
15,000 gun homicides in the US.

One of us is doing it wrong.
America haters always leave out the other horrendous crime rates in british muzzlandia.

I did a lot of shooting in the USMC in 8 years--I only remember one ''negligent discharge''
I can't remember the exact safety training/rules/commands [ so long ago ]
maybe bootcamp drilled it into us

Competition (speed) brings out the worst in people’s safety knowledge and brings most down at least 15/20% in their skill set.

Adrenaline does the same thing to most people in a combat/life or death experience. That’s why the USMC drilled the right way of doing things into your head - so your instincts did the right thing under stress and adrenaline.

Most people don’t train enough or using the proper techniques to gain those instincts. Unfortunately thst goes at least as much for LEOs as it does civilians. Possibly moreso.

LaQuan McDonald
Walter Scott
Mike Brown
Tamir Rice

4 less animals.
Tamir Rice was 12 yr old with a toy gun....how is he an animal?

Walter Scott was shot in the back, how is he an animal?

Meanwhile these two were called patriots when they were aiming their guns at law enforcement (Bundy Ranch); then folks turned and act shocked when they murder 2 police officers...

But no, the 12 yr old with a toy gun is the animal...again, Trump lovers are pathetic..
539603116bb3f71337952136-750-480.jpg
it appeared to be a real gun
Columbine
Parkland
mass shooting after mass shooting
and Scott's shooter was convicted
blacks murder over EIGHT blacks every DAY--but that's OK with you dumbasses
blacks about 13% of the population
whites about 67%
white on black murders - 189
black on white murders - 409
you people are pathetic--you can't or won't believe the facts
again, you Obama lovers are stupid

This is why you don't let cops in voluntarily, ever. Never give permission to search.

That's fucked up, cops are wayyy too trigger happy these days.
We can thank that racist bastard that was president for 8 years for that.

Really? The cops never shot anyone who didn’t deserve it before? Wow. So it was President Obama who was to blame when the cops changed their training and weapons after the Miami Shootout in 1986. Um. I suppose the question is how the Hell Obama changed these practices when he was what, a City Councilman?

It’s asinine to blame the guy you don’t like saying it’s all his fault. It is absolute nonsense. We are at the end of a long list of changes, legal and policy, that has been happening for more than fifty years. I’ll highlight the changes.

First, in the 1960’s, and 1970’s, the practice was that the police could return fire. They could not fire until the baddie fired. Some departments had the policy of a warning shot. The police, fired the warning shot, after they had killed the baddie. So that the investigation would find two bullets in the baddie, and three cartridges expended in the revolver.

The police were correct in their assessment that waiting until the bad guy fired was dumb. So the laws and policies were changed to the police officer could fire when he saw a weapon. He saw a clear threat. Ok. No problem.

Then we entered the 1980’s, and there was a handful of shootings where some kid playing a game in an apartment building with a toy gun was shot. See Die Hard for that. It looked real. The cop saw a figure standing there with a gun and he fired. We all considered, and decided the cop had tragically done the right thing, he had fired only when he saw a gun. Some cops carried drop pieces, that is guns that they would drop on the body if they made a mistake and shot an unarmed person.

We adjusted the policy to the cop could fire if he saw what looked like a gun. Then cops shot a guy holding a wallet, or anything in his hand really. Well, from a certain point of view, in the split second they had to work with, well yes. It could be mistaken for a gun.

Notice a trend yet? All of these changes came about before Obama was President, and all of them had the cop shooting someone he shouldn’t have, and the change in policy to reflect the “reality”.

Then the baddie could be going for a gun. As if the cop was a hero in a quick draw western B Movie. If the baddie reached inside a jacket, or towards his waistband, then he was going for a gun, and the cop couldn’t wait long enough to see it. You see, if he waited, then he could die, and we wanted to avoid the cop dying, no matter how many innocent bled out.

Obama still isn’t President. And we have unarmed people being shot, we are in the era of Clinton now. Just getting to Clinton, having watched the changes through Reagan and Bush 41.

Then the policies changed again, because the cops couldn’t wait for the guy to actually reach inside his jacket, then the baddie might be a tenth of a second from killing the cop. No matter that this is faster than one of the fastest guns in the world in RL, D. A. Bryce, a FBI agent who could draw and fire his weapon in 3/5th of a second, and hit the target. That by the way is .6 of a second. Way faster than a vast majority of the people.

Cops had changed weapons, from .38 Special, to .357 Magnum, to 9MM. The era of the Wondernines had come along.

All before even Bush 43 was President. We had policies shifted because the cops shot people they weren’t supposed to. We were understanding, and reasonable, and each exception was the foundation of the next exception. Now, anyone who doesn’t support the cops shooting first and asking questions later is a cop hating racist. Now, anyone who doesn’t cheer when the cops fire 600 rounds at three bank robbers holding a hostage, when several of the cops can’t even see the baddies, but are shooting anyway, well they just hate cops and want to see dead cops in the street.

Cops in Los Angeles shoot up a truck carrying two women who are delivering newspapers, without warning, or justification, and we have to understand how dangerous it is to be a cop. Really? It sounds like it is really dangerous to deliver Newspapers. Because if a cop is shot, the person who did it is hunted all over the world. The cops who shot the women, well they were having a tough time. No charges, no administrative action, nothing but a paid vacation to help them get over the stress of shooting two innocent women.

All of this was going on, long before Obama got into the White House. It’s been going on since the day I was born, and long before that. So blaming Obama for it is like blaming the Pope for the Inquisition. It happened long before he came along, and expecting him to fix it in history, is asinine. Of course, most of those who would complain that this is all Obama’s fault fully qualify as asinine.

Seems to me to be poor trigger discipline. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon amongst improperly or under-trained shooters these days. Including LEOs.

I used to officiate and do range officer work for large action shooting (IDPA) matches. Trigger discipline was one of the most common problems we had with shooters.

Many people simply do not train enough or properly when it comes to this pivotal issue.
I did a lot of shooting in the USMC in 8 years--I only remember one ''negligent discharge''

I’ve told before about my one negligent discharge. I was shooting the M-9 Berretta at a pistol competition. We had just locked and loaded, and were waiting for the command to begin the timed fire. I screwed up. I put my finger on the trigger, and with the extremely light trigger on the Beretta single action, I popped one into the dirt right in front of me. At least I was pointing in a safe direction. That is the only good thing I can say about the event.

That is the only round I’ve ever fired when I did not intend to out of literally hundreds of thousands of rounds over my lifetime. I’m not saying it can’t happen again, but I do try to keep it from happening.

Seems to me to be poor trigger discipline. Unfortunately it’s not uncommon amongst improperly or under-trained shooters these days. Including LEOs.

I used to officiate and do range officer work for large action shooting (IDPA) matches. Trigger discipline was one of the most common problems we had with shooters.

Many people simply do not train enough or properly when it comes to this pivotal issue.

I’ve told before about my one negligent discharge. I was shooting the M-9 Berretta at a pistol competition. We had just locked and loaded, and were waiting for the command to begin the timed fire. I screwed up. I put my finger on the trigger, and with the extremely light trigger on the Beretta single action, I popped one into the dirt right in front of me. At least I was pointing in a safe direction. That is the only good thing I can say about the event.

That is the only round I’ve ever fired when I did not intend to out of literally hundreds of thousands of rounds over my lifetime. I’m not saying it can’t happen again, but I do try to keep it from happening.
we did have an M1911A1 ''fall apart'' when fired...the USMC got the old stuff back then....and with us being Barracks/Guard, we got the old of the old

Forum List

Back