Conservatives on John Huntsman

... LOL, yes... lets vote for fucking Huntsman. The guy that NO ONE liked and even Jon Stewart was like LOL@HUNSTAMAN!

Of course if you don't like an ultra liberal like Huntsman then according to the left, you're a UNEDUCATED RACIST AAAHHHHA HAH AH AHa hhahah aha haha...

... LOL, yes... lets vote for fucking Huntsman. The guy that NO ONE liked and even Jon Stewart was like LOL@HUNSTAMAN!

Of course if you don't like an ultra liberal like Huntsman then according to the left, you're a UNEDUCATED RACIST AAAHHHHA HAH AH AHa hhahah aha haha...

Tell us how liberal Utah is again.

I heard it's full of Marxists.

Hmm... I'm not sure I see your point! But hey, all the liberals like him so he must be a conservative! Oh, that's right, like I said... He's the conservative you have to like if you don’t wana be an uneducated racist =D!

Oh how I like this game… Reminds me of when all the liberals picked McCain, another vastly disliked “conservative” that when it came time for the GE all the liberals that “liked” McCain suddenly and unexpectedly turned on him! Man, no one saw that coming hahah.

No Mormon is electable to the presidency if they are running as a republican.

OMFG!!! You totally like JUST OWNED all the Republicans!!!! Man... Now you got mw wondering if any Democratic presidents in the last 100 years have been anything but Christian... including Obama.

Hmm, new Obama slogan: "Democrats, Christian 100% of the time."

Fucking Republicans… running non Christians… wtf is next?

LOLz.

The Republicans are in a race to the far right.

Huntsman doesn't stand a chance with this rabid bunch.

They want Bush II...on Steroids...hence Perry.

2012 will be fun!

I'm not a conservative, but I thought I'd chime in on the issue of electability.

Huntsman is clearly electable in the general election. He was quite popular during his two terms as Governor of Utah (a very conservative state, of course), with approval ratings as high as 80%. He's much closer to the median voter than most other Republican candidates. It also doesn't seem to matter much *who* the Republican candidate is-- a recent Gallup poll found Bachmann, Romney, Perry, and Paul all statistically tied with Obama.

You're perfectly describing the Left's view of John McCain four years ago.
We see how that worked out.

I'm not a conservative, but I thought I'd chime in on the issue of electability.

Huntsman is clearly electable in the general election. He was quite popular during his two terms as Governor of Utah (a very conservative state, of course), with approval ratings as high as 80%. He's much closer to the median voter than most other Republican candidates. It also doesn't seem to matter much *who* the Republican candidate is-- a recent Gallup poll found Bachmann, Romney, Perry, and Paul all statistically tied with Obama.

It "worked out" like that in large part because of his unvetted VP pick and the fact that the past occupant of the WH pretty much doomed ANY Repub candidate for the most part. :clap2:

The Republicans are in a race to the far right.

Huntsman doesn't stand a chance with this rabid bunch.

They want Bush II...on Steroids...hence Perry.

2012 will be fun!

This will be fun to watch and a boon for late night TV comedy writers ;) :D

It "worked out" like that in large part because of his unvetted VP pick and the fact that the past occupant of the WH pretty much doomed ANY Repub candidate for the most part. :clap2:

That is the number one reason that McCain lost.
Huntsman was a popular governor in Utah. All of we ex-pats loved him when he was out there with us in Beijing. He's a classy guy, and a center-right candidate, moderate on social issues and center-right on economic issues. He could beat Obama.

But the right won't touch him. He refuses to pander to them, instead affirming evolution, climate change, and compromise. The right hates Romney because he's insincere. They hate Huntsman because he's unwilling to pander. They only want to elect an image of their favorite Founding Father: Ronald Reagan.

And that is what I am looking for. Can the naysayers point to a POLICY that he supports that makes him a liberal RINO? I have heard a LOT of bashing but NOTHING regarding actual policy issues...

That is what matters.

Huntsman was a popular governor in Utah. All of we ex-pats loved him when he was out there with us in Beijing. He's a classy guy, and a center-right candidate, moderate on social issues and center-right on economic issues. He could beat Obama.

But the right won't touch him. He refuses to pander to them, instead affirming evolution, climate change, and compromise. The right hates Romney because he's insincere. They hate Huntsman because he's unwilling to pander. They only want to elect an image of their favorite Founding Father: Ronald Reagan.

And that is what I am looking for. Can the naysayers point to a POLICY that he supports that makes him a liberal RINO? I have heard a LOT of bashing but NOTHING regarding actual policy issues...

That is what matters.

McCain ran a crappy campaign, is why he lost. It wasn't helped by the fact that the Dems kept saying he was the one Republican they would vote for. And then they turned on him. Up against a know-nothing, inexperienced jerk like Obama it should have been a shoe in.

How many anti-Huntsman threads have you seen here? How many stories slamming Huntsman have you seen on TV?
Not many. The reason isn't that the guy is likeable and Democrats will support him. It is because he has no chance of winning. Notice you don't see any anti-Barbour or anti-Jindal threads here.
Go to his Jon2012 website and show me any policy positions. It is the crappiest website I've seen, totally uninformative.
No, there is one choice this time around.

Last edited:

That is what matters.

They have to feed the repub base red meat. They're not interested in intelligence, only scripted hit 'n run candidates. Pretty sad state of affairs for todays repub and t-parties :(

Last edited:
Go to his Jon2012 website and show me any policy positions.

And this contrasts with who? None of these idiots have actual policy positions on anything.

They have a few consultant-penned, focus group-tested statements, most of which don't make any sense. For example

Healthcare

Rick Perry believes the best way for the federal government to improve healthcare is to stimulate job creation so more Americans are covered by employer-sponsored health plans. Creating jobs will also reduce the strain on public safety net programs like Medicaid, saving taxpayer dollars.

Sounds great. Except his state is the classic counterexample. Strong job growth, right? Yet declining employer-sponsored coverage:

Texas workers looking for health insurance through their employers have to look a little harder these days, according to a report released by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the State Health Access Data Assistance Center. State Level Trends in Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance shows that employer-sponsored coverage fell by 8 percent nationally between 1999 and 2009, while coverage among Texas employers dropped by 10.5 percent, the eighth highest drop among all states. The percentage of Texas employees insured through work dropped from 62.0 percent to 51.5 percent during the study period, while the national average fell from 69.4 percent to 61.4 percent.

Sounds like he's a guy who's got it all figured out.

Last edited:
Go to his Jon2012 website and show me any policy positions.

And this contrasts with who? None of these idiots have actual policy positions on anything.

They have a few consultant-penned, focus group-tested statements, most of which don't make any sense. For example

Healthcare

Rick Perry believes the best way for the federal government to improve healthcare is to stimulate job creation so more Americans are covered by employer-sponsored health plans. Creating jobs will also reduce the strain on public safety net programs like Medicaid, saving taxpayer dollars.

Sounds great. Except his state is the classic counterexample. Strong job growth, right? Yet declining employer-sponsored coverage:

Texas workers looking for health insurance through their employers have to look a little harder these days, according to a report released by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the State Health Access Data Assistance Center. State Level Trends in Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance shows that employer-sponsored coverage fell by 8 percent nationally between 1999 and 2009, while coverage among Texas employers dropped by 10.5 percent, the eighth highest drop among all states. The percentage of Texas employees insured through work dropped from 62.0 percent to 51.5 percent during the study period, while the national average fell from 69.4 percent to 61.4 percent.

Sounds like he's a guy who's got it all figured out.

Thanks for proving my point.
A thread on John Huntsman segues into an attack on Perry. Wonder why? And no, not because it's true. It is because Perry is the obvious winner here and Huntsman is an also-ran.

Huntsman never had a chance, he's simply not conservative enough. He's ready to "compromise" which is code for raise taxes When Republicans are conservative they win. When they are RINO's they lose. It's really that simple. After the disaster of Obama, only a strong fiscal conservative will do. We won't be fooled by a pussy like Huntsman.

Hmm... I'm not sure I see your point! But hey, all the liberals like him so he must be a conservative! Oh, that's right, like I said... He's the conservative you have to like if you don’t wana be an uneducated racist =D!

Oh how I like this game… Reminds me of when all the liberals picked McCain, another vastly disliked “conservative” that when it came time for the GE all the liberals that “liked” McCain suddenly and unexpectedly turned on him! Man, no one saw that coming hahah.

I considered "taking a SERIOUS look" at McCain's campaign right up until he picked his V.P running-mate :eusa_hand: :cuckoo: She may have looked good on paper w/ a cursory glance but I think he picked her based on her to get the female vote and as red meat to red state conservative voters w/ a HS education or less :rolleyes: The country is "center-right" last i heard. McCain is Center-right. Not sure about Huntsman but I'd wager to say he's also center right. The Repub candidates so far are doomed to failure if you look at the wing-nuts who are ahead in the polls.

Last edited:
Huntsman never had a chance, he's simply not conservative enough. He's ready to "compromise" which is code for raise taxes When Republicans are conservative they win. When they are RINO's they lose. It's really that simple. After the disaster of Obama, only a strong fiscal conservative will do. We won't be fooled by a pussy like Huntsman.

Again - rhetoric and no actual policies...

Does anyone even have a reason to dislike him??

Forum List

Back