Conservatives on John Huntsman

Huntsman never had a chance, he's simply not conservative enough. He's ready to "compromise" which is code for raise taxes When Republicans are conservative they win. When they are RINO's they lose. It's really that simple. After the disaster of Obama, only a strong fiscal conservative will do. We won't be fooled by a pussy like Huntsman.

Again - rhetoric and no actual policies...

That pretty much describes Huntsman right there!

Huntsman never had a chance, he's simply not conservative enough. He's ready to "compromise" which is code for raise taxes When Republicans are conservative they win. When they are RINO's they lose. It's really that simple. After the disaster of Obama, only a strong fiscal conservative will do. We won't be fooled by a pussy like Huntsman.

Again - rhetoric and no actual policies...

That pretty much describes Huntsman right there!

Hey, at least he's not black. He's got that much going for him, right Rabbi?

1. It's Jon Huntsman, not John.

2. I think a lot of Republicans are looking for someone who is not on the poles of the party.

Get used to it. Radical lefties will pretend to be part of the right wing and they will be analyzing republican candidates for the next year and a half as long as they don't have to give us any reasons to vote for Barry Hussein.

Go to his Jon2012 website and show me any policy positions.

And this contrasts with who? None of these idiots have actual policy positions on anything.

They have a few consultant-penned, focus group-tested statements, most of which don't make any sense. For example

Sounds great. Except his state is the classic counterexample. Strong job growth, right? Yet declining employer-sponsored coverage:

Texas workers looking for health insurance through their employers have to look a little harder these days, according to a report released by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the State Health Access Data Assistance Center. State Level Trends in Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance shows that employer-sponsored coverage fell by 8 percent nationally between 1999 and 2009, while coverage among Texas employers dropped by 10.5 percent, the eighth highest drop among all states. The percentage of Texas employees insured through work dropped from 62.0 percent to 51.5 percent during the study period, while the national average fell from 69.4 percent to 61.4 percent.

Sounds like he's a guy who's got it all figured out.

Thanks for proving my point.
A thread on John Huntsman segues into an attack on Perry. Wonder why? And no, not because it's true. It is because Perry is the obvious winner here and Huntsman is an also-ran.
Huntsman will be a mere footnote. And interesting that LIBS seem to like him. They want 'squishy' RINOS like McCain.

Huntsman would be right at home running against Obama...for the Democratic Nomination.

He could probably easily beat O for the 2012 dem nomination.

^^THIS^^ Too bad he didn't claim himself what he is, an old-time Democrat parading as a Republican. He Could have won over Obama if he ran as a Democrat.

This is a question to all the conservatives and republicans here on this board:

Would you vote for John Huntsman and why/why not?
In another thread, I came across this topic with Independent Logic and he put forth that he was unelectable on the right. I have heard him speak on only one occasion but he sounded extremely good as a candidate. I wanted others thoughts on him and to see if he really is a terrible pick to represent the right.

Thoughts?

We need a real change in direction, not just lip service and more of the same. Do you think he will facilitate that?

He sounded like he would but again, I only heard him in one speech and am skeptical of what he really is for. That is why I asked. I'll admit, I did not do much research on this subject. I just wanted some of the opinions of the posters here. If he seems like he will be all right then I would do a lot more digging.

@ NOLA
I don't much care if he is a RINO - I disagree with the republican party at large and find them all liars. I don't want a liberal but I do want a real conservative. Bush was republican through and through. He was not a conservative by a long shot. If calling him a RINO you mean a liberal in republican clothing, and I think you do, then I would care.

Huntsman doesn't stand a chance this cycle, but he sure does for 2016. His kind of logical stand(s) on all the issues, as opposed to our-way-or-the-highway ideological bullshit and designing policy based strictly on that instead of tangible realities, is what will finally end the extreme political polarization that has had a stranglehold on this country for going on 15 years, resulting in literally NO forward thinking (read: progress). And we've got a helluva lot of catching up to do with other countries like China who are full-speed ahead.

This is a question to all the conservatives and republicans here on this board:

Would you vote for John Huntsman and why/why not?
In another thread, I came across this topic with Independent Logic and he put forth that he was unelectable on the right. I have heard him speak on only one occasion but he sounded extremely good as a candidate. I wanted others thoughts on him and to see if he really is a terrible pick to represent the right.

Thoughts?

Any Republican candidate for President must be reviled by the left. Huntsman is the darling of the left. He's John McCain 2.0. That puts every other Republican candidate ahead of him.

We need a real change in direction, not just lip service and more of the same. Do you think he will facilitate that?

He sounded like he would but again, I only heard him in one speech and am skeptical of what he really is for. That is why I asked. I'll admit, I did not do much research on this subject. I just wanted some of the opinions of the posters here. If he seems like he will be all right then I would do a lot more digging.

@ NOLA
I don't much care if he is a RINO - I disagree with the republican party at large and find them all liars. I don't want a liberal but I do want a real conservative. Bush was republican through and through. He was not a conservative by a long shot. If calling him a RINO you mean a liberal in republican clothing, and I think you do, then I would care.

Huntsman doesn't stand a chance this cycle, but he sure does for 2016. His kind of logical stand(s) on all the issues, as opposed to our-way-or-the-highway ideological bullshit and designing policy based strictly on that instead of tangible realities, is what will finally end the extreme political polarization that has had a stranglehold on this country for going on 15 years, resulting in literally NO forward thinking (read: progress). And we've got a helluva lot of catching up to do with other countries like China who are full-speed ahead.

Only if he runs as a Democrat.

He's surely better than Obama (who isn't?- the guys an incompetent bum) , but is he the best we can do? I don't think so.

I love the question. So when do you think the Republicans will find a candidate that the party in general approves of? They didn't in 2008 and they sure haven't picked any candidate worth his/her salt for the 2012 cycle. Kinda tells me the party is so broken down it can't win UNLESS there is a candidate like Huntsman.

... LOL, yes... lets vote for fucking Huntsman. The guy that NO ONE liked and even Jon Stewart was like LOL@HUNSTAMAN!

Of course if you don't like an ultra liberal like Huntsman then according to the left, you're a UNEDUCATED RACIST AAAHHHHA HAH AH AHa hhahah aha haha...

sleep.gif
A childish rant, void of any intelligent opinion.

And you wonder why some of us can't take extreme righties seriously.

Thanks for proving my point.
A thread on John Huntsman segues into an attack on Perry. Wonder why? And no, not because it's true. It is because Perry is the obvious winner here and Huntsman is an also-ran.

You suggested Jon Huntsman's command of public policy issues compared unfavorably to others in the field, which invites comparison with other candidates. Candidates like your new crush. And it turns out Perry's policy positions are simply short statements of what he "believes"--beliefs that have shown themselves to be demonstrably false in Rick Perry's Texas.

Forum List

Back