Conservatives on John Huntsman

... LOL, yes... lets vote for fucking Huntsman. The guy that NO ONE liked and even Jon Stewart was like LOL@HUNSTAMAN!

Of course if you don't like an ultra liberal like Huntsman then according to the left, you're a UNEDUCATED RACIST AAAHHHHA HAH AH AHa hhahah aha haha...

Tell us how liberal Utah is again.

Hmm... I'm not sure I see your point! But hey, all the liberals like him so he must be a conservative! Oh, that's right, like I said... He's the conservative you have to like if you don’t wana be an uneducated racist =D!

Oh how I like this game… Reminds me of when all the liberals picked McCain, another vastly disliked “conservative” that when it came time for the GE all the liberals that “liked” McCain suddenly and unexpectedly turned on him! Man, no one saw that coming hahah.

It's incredible how little some of you actually know. McCain was the one who changed his entire persona. "Liberals" changed THEIR minds after HE changed his, switching from love of country (a "maverick") to love of party, ready to morph into anything all Republican factions wanted (for the votes, stupid). But rather than try to explain it in depth to an unread, therefore uninformed idiot, I'll let you do your own homework.

No Mormon is electable to the presidency if they are running as a republican.

OMFG!!! You totally like JUST OWNED all the Republicans!!!! Man... Now you got mw wondering if any Democratic presidents in the last 100 years have been anything but Christian... including Obama.

Hmm, new Obama slogan: "Democrats, Christian 100% of the time."

Fucking Republicans… running non Christians… wtf is next?

LOLz.

Huh? Mormons certainly are Christians. The just don't believe that all of "Gods Word" is found in The Bible, that to be a true Christian, you must practice what is preached. You are totally, like, an ignorant ass. Know what I'm sayin? Dude?

The Republicans are in a race to the far right.

Huntsman doesn't stand a chance with this rabid bunch.

They want Bush II...on Steroids...hence Perry.

2012 will be fun!

Will be? It's already a hoot. Ron Paul polled second in the Iowa straw poll, only a few hundred votes behind Bachmann, yet who got all the press? The cons don't know what the hell they want, which is why they'll lose if they ultimately go for either Bachmann or Perry. The majority of the country does not want the country so divided anymore. And those two will guarantee that it stays divided.

Huntsman never had a chance, he's simply not conservative enough. He's ready to "compromise" which is code for raise taxes When Republicans are conservative they win. When they are RINO's they lose. It's really that simple. After the disaster of Obama, only a strong fiscal conservative will do. We won't be fooled by a pussy like Huntsman.

All I can say is I'm waiting for that mystery person who is such a "strong fiscal conservative" to actually put forth a plan that makes sense. So far, it's been a lot of lip action full of platitudes and dump Obama at any cost, which won't cut it on election day.

Tell us how liberal Utah is again.

Hmm... I'm not sure I see your point! But hey, all the liberals like him so he must be a conservative! Oh, that's right, like I said... He's the conservative you have to like if you don’t wana be an uneducated racist =D!

Oh how I like this game… Reminds me of when all the liberals picked McCain, another vastly disliked “conservative” that when it came time for the GE all the liberals that “liked” McCain suddenly and unexpectedly turned on him! Man, no one saw that coming hahah.

I considered "taking a SERIOUS look" at McCain's campaign right up until he picked his V.P running-mate :eusa_hand: :cuckoo: She may have looked good on paper w/ a cursory glance but I think he picked her based on her to get the female vote and as red meat to red state conservative voters w/ a HS education or less :rolleyes: The country is "center-right" last i heard. McCain is Center-right. Not sure about Huntsman but I'd wager to say he's also center right. The Repub candidates so far are doomed to failure if you look at the wing-nuts who are ahead in the polls.

In many respects, McCain has his feet back on the ground again, even calling the teepees who tried to force a debt default "bizarros." Now THAT'S the John McCain I once knew.

Huntsman never had a chance, he's simply not conservative enough. He's ready to "compromise" which is code for raise taxes When Republicans are conservative they win. When they are RINO's they lose. It's really that simple. After the disaster of Obama, only a strong fiscal conservative will do. We won't be fooled by a pussy like Huntsman.

Again - rhetoric and no actual policies...

That pretty much describes Huntsman right there!

The others have policies?

Whiny liberals attack Huntsman's solidly right tax record

As Travis Waldron laid out, Huntsman has a series of positions that seem like they would put him at odds with the right-wing, including his support for civil unions and his opinion that the 2009 Recovery Act was too small. So Huntsman is banking on his economic record to get him through. During the interview, Huntsman pointed to a tax reform bill he signed in 2007 that moved Utah from a graduated income tax to a flat tax as indicative of his conservative bona-fides:

“I don’t think you grow your way to prosperity through tax increases,” said Huntsman, when asked if Republicans should consider tax increases as part of a solution to the stalemate. “You’ve got to create a framework and environment through tax reform, through regulatory reform” to create businesses and boost job growth, he said…To reinforce his business credentials, Huntsman points to his record in Utah, where he moved the state from a progressive income tax with a top rate of 7 percent to a flat 5 percent tax.

This is exactly the sort of move that might appeal to the conservative base, but as the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy noted, it “sharply reduced” taxes for Utah’s richest residents, making the Utah tax system more regressive. In Utah, the poorest 20 percent of residents pay more than 9 percent of their income in taxes, while the richest one percent of Utahns pay just 4.9 percent.

As Citizens for Tax Justice noted, Utah is a “case study in why states should reject a flat tax,” because the move to a flat tax blew a hole in Utah’s budget. “Although almost all sources of tax revenue are down in the beehive state [for 2009], the number one culprit is the state’s income tax revenues, which have fallen nearly $300 million (to date),” CTJ found.

Huntsman also tried, unsuccessfully, to completely eliminate his state’s corporate income tax, which would have cost the state more than $200 million. However, lawmakers balked at the price tag. So while Huntsman may differ with his party on some issues, on taxes, he is a doctrinaire conservative, looking to keep tax rates on the rich and corporations as low as possible, if not non-existent.

Get used to it. Radical lefties will pretend to be part of the right wing and they will be analyzing republican candidates for the next year and a half as long as they don't have to give us any reasons to vote for Barry Hussein.

Yeah, how could we be so dumb as to vote for a black Muslim whose goal is to install a caliphate? Fucking idiot.

And this contrasts with who? None of these idiots have actual policy positions on anything.

They have a few consultant-penned, focus group-tested statements, most of which don't make any sense. For example

Sounds great. Except his state is the classic counterexample. Strong job growth, right? Yet declining employer-sponsored coverage:

Sounds like he's a guy who's got it all figured out.

Thanks for proving my point.
A thread on John Huntsman segues into an attack on Perry. Wonder why? And no, not because it's true. It is because Perry is the obvious winner here and Huntsman is an also-ran.
Huntsman will be a mere footnote. And interesting that LIBS seem to like him. They want 'squishy' RINOS like McCain.

We want someone who will continue to try to bring compromise. It's that simple. The country is slowly slipping into oblivion as the nation to emulate, and it's all because of the incapability to come together and try to do what's right for all our people, not just for select groups. To continue down this path is simply "emulating" what happens when all great nations finally fall. They forget what the ultimate goal really is.

2012 will be fun!
Wrong answer. They are on the race back to the Constitution.

I'd like to see anyone try to live in a modern world by the original tenets in The Constitution.

This is a question to all the conservatives and republicans here on this board:

Would you vote for John Huntsman and why/why not?
In another thread, I came across this topic with Independent Logic and he put forth that he was unelectable on the right. I have heard him speak on only one occasion but he sounded extremely good as a candidate. I wanted others thoughts on him and to see if he really is a terrible pick to represent the right.

Thoughts?

Any Republican candidate for President must be reviled by the left. Huntsman is the darling of the left. He's John McCain 2.0. That puts every other Republican candidate ahead of him.

Sometimes I think all you people were born yesterday. There was a time, you know, not that many years ago when Republicans and Democrats did not "REVILE" their opposition. In fact, most of our working policies came as a result of compromise among them. Reagan and O'Neill, Clinton and Gingrich, to name the most recent. Hell even George H.W. Bush was favored by many Democrats (me included) over Reagan or another term for Jimmy Carter.

This is a question to all the conservatives and republicans here on this board:

Would you vote for John Huntsman and why/why not?
In another thread, I came across this topic with Independent Logic and he put forth that he was unelectable on the right. I have heard him speak on only one occasion but he sounded extremely good as a candidate. I wanted others thoughts on him and to see if he really is a terrible pick to represent the right.

Thoughts?

Any Republican candidate for President must be reviled by the left. Huntsman is the darling of the left. He's John McCain 2.0. That puts every other Republican candidate ahead of him.

Sometimes I think all you people were born yesterday. There was a time, you know, not that many years ago when Republicans and Democrats did not "REVILE" their opposition. In fact, most of our working policies came as a result of compromise among them. Reagan and O'Neill, Clinton and Gingrich, to name the most recent. Hell even George H.W. Bush was favored by many Democrats (me included) over Reagan or another term for Jimmy Carter.

The present political atmosphere has been the norm throughout this country's history. During the Cold War, bipartisan civility emerged from under the shadow of instant nuclear annihilation.

Not worth it.

The present political atmosphere has been the norm throughout this country's history. During the Cold War, bipartisan civility emerged from under the shadow of instant nuclear annihilation.

Not worth it.

Sorry, but I've been in the political arena for 30 years, and I have never seen the division this bad. Never. It's extremely dangerous when the only time we can all come together is because of threat of annihilation by foreign forces. When we were attacked on 911 is another example. But it was only a brief handshake.

Thanks for proving my point.
A thread on John Huntsman segues into an attack on Perry. Wonder why? And no, not because it's true. It is because Perry is the obvious winner here and Huntsman is an also-ran.

You suggested Jon Huntsman's command of public policy issues compared unfavorably to others in the field, which invites comparison with other candidates. Candidates like your new crush. And it turns out Perry's policy positions are simply short statements of what he "believes"--beliefs that have shown themselves to be demonstrably false in Rick Perry's Texas.

Yet again. You have, what, five other candidates to pick as examples and you manage to pick Perry.
Well done, sir. You have been turned again.

2012 will be fun!

I'd like to see anyone try to live in a modern world by the original tenets in The Constitution.
Easy...very much so. Limited Government.

I hope you aren't one of those that thinks they need Imperial FED to guide you through life?

Your statement here tells me that YOU have no idea of what the Founders were all about much less the true meaning of true Liberty. And that means living your life totally unabated with bureaucrats not telling you NO.

YOU are entitled to such Liberty. Not my wallet, my property or anyone elses with the FED holding a gun to my head to make YOUR life for you.

You need to get out of your entitlement mentality stupor. Liberty comes with responsibility. Start acting like a real American citizen.

Yet again. You have, what, five other candidates to pick as examples and you manage to pick Perry.
Well done, sir. You have been turned again.

And yet Governor EmptySuit's website was the only candidate's page conveniently linked to for me. Thanks!

I guess doing a search is much too arduous for you.
Again, you have proven my point. Perry is the front runner, which is why the Left is going nuts over every aspect of his life and career. They're like "ZOMG! Perry ate a dinner and didn't thank the hostess afterwards! He can't be president!"

2012 will be fun!

Matthew,Matthew,Matthew so by your analogy, you then imply that if various nations say Russia,China,Mexico,Canada....(.plus a load of mercenaries that Israel for example like to use) decide to attack the US,that they can keep any land they invade and capture and its as easy as that??????????Remembering that you cannot fight a WAR on 4 sides.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, as a matter of fact. That is how war works. Most of the time that does not happen in modern days because the land would be too devastated and the populous to ingrained in their own nationality and, above all, the new land would be almost impossible to defend if it was not already sharing a border. What is Russia going to do with Colorado?

The US conquered land in the Mexican war. All land today came from conquered lands in the past. It is how war works.

Forum List

Back