conservatives "Devastated As Poll Finds That Americans Love Their Obamacare"

When we go nowhere with ACA repeal, the butt hurt will spread among the far right. Real, caring mainstream GOP are not bothered by the fact that Americans are happy with the plan.
Jake, I'll bet you a dollar to a that the ACA ill either be repealed or heavily amended.

Got me scratching my head wondering what a "dog nut hole" would be, Hossfly. ;)

But enough with the levity.

The ACA does need to be amended, that was a given from the outset because nothing is ever perfect and certainly nothing as complex as the ACA. So yes, it will probably be amended.

However I would appreciate if you would define what "heavily amended" means in "dog nut holes". (Ok, I lied about that being enough levity.)

As far as being repealed, I will take that bet. The ACA won't be repealed because it would have to overcome both the filibuster and the veto pen. The GOP doesn't have that level of support in the Senate.

So you owe me a "dog nut hole" or you can just send a dollar to my paypal account. :D
Post #4 is intact as I wrote it but sometimes when it's quoted parts of words are omitted. Also sometimes I post a reply and words are messed up.
However, O-care will be repealed and there's no doubt about it.

However, O-care will be repealed and there's no doubt about it

So are we going to bet on that outcome?

By repealed we mean completely and entirely and signed as repealed by the POTUS himself before November 2016?

Is that the bet?

When we go nowhere with ACA repeal, the butt hurt will spread among the far right. Real, caring mainstream GOP are not bothered by the fact that Americans are happy with the plan.
Jake, I'll bet you a dollar to a that the ACA ill either be repealed or heavily amended.

The ACA does need to be amended, that was a given from the outset because nothing is ever perfect and certainly nothing as complex as the ACA. So yes, it will probably be amended.

However I would appreciate if you would define what "heavily amended" means in "dog nut holes". (Ok, I lied about that being enough levity.)

As far as being repealed, I will take that bet. The ACA won't be repealed because it would have to overcome both the filibuster and the veto pen. The GOP doesn't have that level of support in the Senate.

So you owe me a "dog nut hole" or you can just send a dollar to my paypal account. :D
Post #4 is intact as I wrote it but sometimes when it's quoted parts of words are omitted. Also sometimes I post a reply and words are messed up.

By repealed we mean completely and entirely and signed as repealed by the POTUS himself before November 2016?

Is that the bet?
Today a Republican Congressman, Sen. Barrasso R WY said in an interview that the good parts would be retained and the bad parts would be replaced.I'm going by what I see on the news and not what's on my wish list.

Won't be repealed: not a chance. I sincerely hope that is reformed seriously to make sure all are covered in fashion or another without privatizing their premium savings while socializing the cost at our expense.

4% is 13 million folks, sweet checks, in the first year, and it will continue to grow swiftly from year to year.

Yup!

13 million people who probably include a whole lot of voters too.

Not a smart idea to annoy them by taking away their healthcare.

Sadly, the Repub propaganda has been effective.

When asked if they wanted "ACA" many people answered yes. When asked if they wanted ObamaCare, they were against it.

Apparently, stupid is not just an affliction of the rabid RWs here at USMess.

Won't be repealed: not a chance. I sincerely hope that is reformed seriously to make sure all are covered in fashion or another without privatizing their premium savings while socializing the cost at our expense.

4% is 13 million folks, sweet checks, in the first year, and it will continue to grow swiftly from year to year.

Yup!

13 million people who probably include a whole lot of voters too.

Not a smart idea to annoy them by taking away their healthcare.

Sadly, the Repub propaganda has been effective.

When asked if they wanted "ACA" many people answered yes. When asked if they wanted ObamaCare, they were against it.

Apparently, stupid is not just an affliction of the rabid RWs here at USMess.
The ones who were against ACA were Democrats. The ones who wanted O-Care were Democrats. Get your facts straight by Googling "Jesse Watters." He's the one who exposed the Know Nothings.

Translation: the far right reactionaries are not mainstream full blooded Republicans, only outliers still trying and failing to take over the GOP.

Is that the bet?
Today a Republican Congressman, Sen. Barrasso R WY said in an interview that the good parts would be retained and the bad parts would be replaced.I'm going by what I see on the news and not what's on my wish list.

But, but, but you said this originally;

Now you are backing away from that?

The ones who were against ACA were Democrats. The ones who wanted O-Care were Democrats.

Nope!

Dems wanted Single Payer. They settled for the ACA which was the rightwing Heritage Foundation concept that was drawn up as the opposition to HilaryCare back in the 1990's.

All Americans now that programs are always changed.

Changing ACA is not repeal.

Is that the bet?

What he basically said was O-Care would be repealed, the good parts retained and the bad parts replaced. It's all the same. Doesn't any one here ever watch fair and balanced news?

No, it is not all the same. ACA will remain but made better. That is not repeal, not any sort of repeal, only reform. I hope it takes on more of the American Heritage program suggestions.

Last edited:

Is that the bet?

What he basically said was O-Care would be repealed, the good parts retained and the bad parts replaced. It's all the same. Doesn't any one here ever watch fair and balanced news?

Repealing a law means completely removing it from the books. Making it null and void. He was talking about AMENDING the law. Completely different concept. Nothing remotely similar to repealing.

how? you know it won't happen. amended perhaps, but repealed? first, let's just assume that it won't ever happen while obama is president. then you have to assume that republicans will win the presidency in 2016. you also have to assume that they'll retain control of the senate (unlikely given the seats in play) and that they'll gain enough seats to end a filibuster - again, unlikely.
the aca isn't going anywhere, and although i do think there is room for reasonable amendments, the republicans won't be able to work on those since their base will never accept anything other than repeal.

Is that the bet?

Repealing a law means completely removing it from the books. Making it null and void. He was talking about AMENDING the law. Completely different concept. Nothing remotely similar to repealing.
Whatever. I understand the difference. But since it will be replaced I won't :argue: nitpick.

The GOP were elected by the American people to govern, not obstruct on immigration and ACA.

If we do it again, like times in the past (2008, 2010, 2012, 2014), we will lose in 2016.

I can wait forever for our GOP to get sane and get rid of the rabid bats of the far right.
our GOP?!!! shit fake you didn't vote repub and sure as heck don't speak for them or have a clue why the dems got your ass's handed to your collective selves.

how? you know it won't happen. amended perhaps, but repealed? first, let's just assume that it won't ever happen while obama is president. then you have to assume that republicans will win the presidency in 2016. you also have to assume that they'll retain control of the senate (unlikely given the seats in play) and that they'll gain enough seats to end a filibuster - again, unlikely.
the aca isn't going anywhere, and although i do think there is room for reasonable amendments, the republicans won't be able to work on those since their base will never accept anything other than repeal.
I'm concerned about my family, friends and the hardworking taxpayers paying for the myriad of deadbeats, illegals and people who absolutely refuse to work. I can describe 2 people I know who will be taken care of by the taxpayers, 2 out of millions. One woman was making $335 a week till she got laid off and then went on the dole. She refuses to look for a job now because she makes $3500 a month. Another couple I know is living off of Uncle Sugar and they drive a Mercedes 765. Only a $130,000 car but who's counting. That's why I want to see it repealed and replaced.

WOW!!! 13 million out of 300 million!!! What a deal....
Just when I think fakey cant get any dumber.

Jake, I'll bet you a dollar to a doghnut hole that the ACA will either be repealed or heavily amended.
But not in Kentucky. Mitch will have a very hard time explaining if he does anything to Kynect.

It won't be repealed and replaced: it will be reformed.

You have a duty to turn in the woman and the couple. We have done that to welfare scoffs at least a dozen times, and we have turned in business cheaters twice. No, we did not collect the fee when offered.

However (and this is not aimed at you, Hossfly), for all of you entrepreneurs out there: research IRS and other government agencies procedures for reporting cheaters. Learn how to do it well, and you can make a living, a better one than being on government assistance.

Forum List

Back