Conservapedia

Looking at my rep points - not to many people feel that way

That is easily explained by time and human psychology.

How long have you been here? How many times have you posted something? Occasionally someone may give you a point. The longer that you are here and the number of times you post increases the chances that you will get points.

People are more inclined to give points as a nice gesture to some insight that they may agree with than to give negative points when someone posts something that someone disagrees with.

Therefore, I don’t put much stock in rep points as a determining factor as to how many people agree with you. Instead, look at the polls and comments that people post about you. That is more likely to be a determining way to find the true overall view that people have of you.

Looking at my rep points - not to many people feel that way

I have stated in the past, it is an unsolved mystery how you get your points, without actually saying anything.

Plus you get points everytime your post count goes up 100, and you have 12,000 posts, dont be so proud about how much time you spend here.

Especially when all you do is Cut and Post, muddy arguments, derail threads, and spew Conservative talking points.

Congratulations. You get a banana popsicle.

That is easily explained by time and human psychology.

How long have you been here? How many times have you posted something? Occasionally someone may give you a point. The longer that you are here and the number of times you post increases the chances that you will get points.

People are more inclined to give points as a nice gesture to some insight that they may agree with than to give negative points when someone posts something that someone disagrees with.

Therefore, I don’t put much stock in rep points as a determining factor as to how many people agree with you. Instead, look at the polls and comments that people post about you. That is more likely to be a determining way to find the true overall view that people have of you.

Translation - the fact so many people agree with you is irrelevant

I have stated in the past, it is an unsolved mystery how you get your points, without actually saying anything.

Plus you get points everytime your post count goes up 100, and you have 12,000 posts, dont be so proud about how much time you spend here.

Especially when all you do is Cut and Post, muddy arguments, derail threads, and spew Conservative talking points.

I do not get points with each 100 posts

If I did the rep points would be much higher

Sorry if you opinion is not shared my the majority of the members of the board

Translation - the fact so many people agree with you is irrelevant

Hello. I just explained that merely because, over time, you managed to accumulate points does not mean that many people really agree with you. Relevancy has nothing to do with it. Even if most people agree with you here, it does not follow that you are right.

Hello. I just explained that merely because, over time, you managed to accumulate points does not mean that many people really agree with you. Relevancy has nothing to do with it. Even if most people agree with you here, it does not follow that you are right.

Libs said the same about Pres Bush

He is an idiot - he is stupid

Yet when he won three national elections - the excuses started to flow

LOL. He literally spends ALL day here.

His wife is definitely unsatisfied.

What a sad and pathetic life you lead when the biggest thing in your life is this message board.

I would wager than upwards of 80% of this board has no respect for you and views you as uneducated.

So what? I voice my opinion and people respond. I thought that was the purpose here

It would seem by the numbers in the corner of the screen - I am not that hated as you say

I would wager than upwards of 80% of this board has no respect for you and views you as uneducated.

There is a difference between a petition and a survey but it looks like RSR does not grasp the difference. There was once a petition in which people signed their name to a sheet of paper voicing their discontent to the creation of a Planned Pregnancy Center. There were many signatures. Some people thought that it proved that most people did not want the center. A survey was never taken. Therefore, we do not know what percentage of people was opposed to the creation of the center.

How do you post a poll (survey) here? Let's find out what people think of RSR.

There is a difference between a petition and a survey but it looks like RSR does not grasp the difference. There was once a petition in which people signed their name to a sheet of paper voicing their discontent to the creation of a Planned Pregnancy Center. There were many signatures. Some people thought that it proved that most people did not want the center. A survey was never taken. Therefore, we do not know what percentage of people was opposed to the creation of the center.

You have to do it in the Taunting Arena,

Its a lost cause, there have been several specifically regarding RSR, but he fails to grasp the significance.

I think it's been done, which is really pointless, since a poll at this site is dependent only on those that respond.

I don't like the idea of starting multiple taunting threads, actually don't like the taunting at all, on who likes whom. Nonsense, divisive, and hurtful.

I think it's been done, which is really pointless, since a poll at this site is dependent only on those that respond.

Likewise, Rep Points are dependent on the time and trouble one takes to give a negative or positive point to a person. Also, one does not get to see who gave the rep point and why. Couldn't the "Rep Points" feature merely progress to "Hey, give a bunch of rep points to me and I will give a bunch to you"?

I don't like the idea of starting multiple taunting threads, actually don't like the taunting at all, on who likes whom. Nonsense, divisive, and hurtful.

See that RSR started the debate about the opinion people have on his views.
It is reflected in post # 90 of this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=582197&postcount=90

I was merely arguing the point that “Rep Points” (which, in statical terms, is nothing more than a petition) is not a true reflection of the opinion that people have of a person.

Anyway, a poll similar to the one that I had in mind was already done.

See http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=48303

I simply think that polls are much more honest, public, and revealing.
By the way, perhaps RSR's name-calling should be restricted to the taunting room too.

Sorry if you opinion is not shared my the majority of the members of the board

Actually, that opinion is shared by way more people than you think.

Rep, here, isn't very accurate, since someone need only rep one other person before they can rep you again. IOW, you CAN get rep from the SAME person approx. 6-12 times a day, depending on what the counter is set at before you get the "too much rep" message. That means you, Martin, and Snowman can rep each other endlessly, and in to oblivion, and that will never be an accurate indication of how people feel about you.

Most people think you, personally, are a putz.

Actually, that opinion is shared by way more people than you think.

Rep, here, isn't very accurate, since someone need only rep one other person before they can rep you again. IOW, you CAN get rep from the SAME person approx. 6-12 times a day, depending on what the counter is set at before you get the "too much rep" message. That means you, Martin, and Snowman can rep each other endlessly, and in to oblivion, and that will never be an accurate indication of how people feel about you.

Most people think you, personally, are a putz.

I tried to convey the same message but you did it very succinctly. Very well put. :clap2: :clap2:

Likewise, Rep Points are dependent on the time and trouble one takes to give a negative or positive point to a person. Also, one does not get to see who gave the rep point and why. Couldn't the "Rep Points" feature merely progress to "Hey, give a bunch of rep points to me and I will give a bunch to you"?
Correct. So why add polls to rep points? I guess that was my point. Matts, you have not been a fav of lots of posters here for a long time, yet you are positive. Says something about acceptance and willingness to listen. I know I've repped you, not often, but have.
See that RSR started the debate about the opinion people have on his views.
It is reflected in post # 90 of this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=582197&postcount=90

I was merely arguing the point that “Rep Points” (which, in statical terms, is nothing more than a petition) is not a true reflection of the opinion that people have of a person.

Anyway, a poll similar to the one that I had in mind was already done.

See http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=48303

I simply think that polls are much more honest, public, and revealing.
By the way, perhaps RSR's name-calling should be restricted to the taunting room too.
As Shattered has pointed out numerous times, rep points are awarded for numbers and positive rep. I've repped RSR, mostly for posts that go beyond copy and paste and/or libs suck. In neither case have I repped him.

what is this post about?

Correct. So why add polls to rep points? I guess that was my point. Matts, you have not been a fav of lots of posters here for a long time, yet you are positive. Says something about acceptance and willingness to listen. I know I've repped you, not often, but have.
As Shattered has pointed out numerous times, rep points are awarded for numbers and positive rep. I've repped RSR, mostly for posts that go beyond copy and paste and/or libs suck. In neither case have I repped him.

Forum List

Back