Congresswoman Bachmann Questions Geitner About Constitution

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Sorry if you have already seen this but this is important for people to know that the US Constitution is no longer relevant...

Geitner doesn't even know what's in the Constitution yet he has pledged to defend it...LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atxe1SWAyHc]YouTube - Congresswoman Questions Geithner on Constitution[/ame]

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Doogie went as far as he needed to. He correctly identified that the Congress gave him the authority to do what he's doing. It is the Congress that has acted in an extra-Constitutional manner by granting the authority to do it in the first place.

Now, that said, if a "Constitutionalist" government had been in power, they would have not used the unconstitutional powers granted it by the Congress. But, the current government couldn't care less what the Constitution says or if their actions are supported by it.

Sorry if you have already seen this but this is important for people to know that the US Constitution is no longer relevant...

Geitner doesn't even know what's in the Constitution yet he has pledged to defend it...LOL

YouTube - Congresswoman Questions Geithner on Constitution

After Bushes regime you are all of a sudden concerned about the constitution?

No, some of us were concerned about it during Bush's administration. Why do you defend Obama by saying "Bush did it too!" Hello, you're admitting that Obama is no better than Bush.

YouTube - Congresswoman Questions Geithner on Constitution

After Bushes regime you are all of a sudden concerned about the constitution?

No, some of us were concerned about it during Bush's administration. Why do you defend Obama by saying "Bush did it too!" Hello, you're admitting that Obama is no better than Bush.

No I am not comparing Bush to Obama. I am comparing that nutcase Bachman to Bush.

South St. Paul Examiner: Congresswoman Michele Bachmann: wicky wacky again

"We’re running out of rich people in this country" -- Bachmann
She said she thinks Obama will lower the “rich” threshold to couples making $65,000 a year.

"ACORN is under federal indictment for voter fraud, but the stimulus bill nevertheless gives ACORN 5 billion dollars" -- Michele Bachmann
In reality, ACORN is not under federal indictment and isn’t mentioned in the stimulus bill at all.

"Many members of Congress have “a real aversion to capitalism "-- Bachmann
The stimulus bill includes a measure to create a “rationing board” for health care, and after the bill becomes law, “your doctor will no longer be able to make your healthcare decisions with you.” (There is no mention of health care in the stimulus package).

"The recovery package is part of a Democratic conspiracy to “direct” funding away from Republican districts, so Democratic districts can “suck up” all federal funds" -- Bachmann
Her district gets more money than any other district in the state.

Last edited:

She said she thinks Obama will lower the “rich” threshold to couples making $65,000 a year.

"ACORN is under federal indictment for voter fraud, but the stimulus bill nevertheless gives ACORN 5 billion dollars" -- Michele Bachmann
In reality, ACORN is not under federal indictment and isn’t mentioned in the stimulus bill at all.

The stimulus bill includes a measure to create a “rationing board” for health care, and after the bill becomes law, “your doctor will no longer be able to make your healthcare decisions with you.” (There is no mention of health care in the stimulus package).

"The recovery package is part of a Democratic conspiracy to “direct” funding away from Republican districts, so Democratic districts can “suck up” all federal funds" -- Bachmann

While I might agree that Bachmann is not my cup of tea for some of her views (and her JD from Oral Roberts). The fact is that she was right on in her questioning, although she should probably be questioning the Banking Queen instead of the T Sec. But my guess is that Frank won't that the witness chair until the second day after Hell freezes over.

The second point, speaking to the blog you cited. It never ceases to amaze me that left can't find anything in any bill when they write them, but they can a 100 point list of evil in any bill a Rep writes whether it's there or not. I happen to have read the stimulus bill as it relates to the ACORN point. The issue revolves around the Reps actually saying "ACORN" is going to get the money. The $5 billion goes to organizations that do what ACORN does, not to ACORN specifically. So, the Reps are trying to score political points. :eek: It probably doesn't make much difference whether it goes to ACORN or another community organizing group, they are pretty much all cut from the same cloth.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Doogie went as far as he needed to. He correctly identified that the Congress gave him the authority to do what he's doing. It is the Congress that has acted in an extra-Constitutional manner by granting the authority to do it in the first place.

Now, that said, if a "Constitutionalist" government had been in power, they would have not used the unconstitutional powers granted it by the Congress. But, the current government couldn't care less what the Constitution says or if their actions are supported by it.

Constitutionalist? You mean people who don't understand Marbury v Madison? or constitutional construction?

If that's what floats your boat.

Constitutionalist? You mean people who don't understand Marbury v Madison? or constitutional construction?

If that's what floats your boat.

While it is the Supreme's role to "say what the law is" it is incumbent on all three coequal branches of government not to act in an unconstitutional manner. If the Executive act unconstitutionally, it is the legislature's duty to prevent this using its oversight authority. If the legislature authorizes unconstitutional action, it is the Executive's duty not to carry it out.

Ultimately, if there is a dispute as to who is right, the court may decide. But, as you know, in a dispute between co-equal branches, more often than not, the court begs off and calls it a political question and refuses jurisdiction.

While I might agree that Bachmann is not my cup of tea for some of her views (and her JD from Oral Roberts). The fact is that she was right on in her questioning, although she should probably be questioning the Banking Queen instead of the T Sec. But my guess is that Frank won't that the witness chair until the second day after Hell freezes over.

The second point, speaking to the blog you cited. It never ceases to amaze me that left can't find anything in any bill when they write them, but they can a 100 point list of evil in any bill a Rep writes whether it's there or not. I happen to have read the stimulus bill as it relates to the ACORN point. The issue revolves around the Reps actually saying "ACORN" is going to get the money. The $5 billion goes to organizations that do what ACORN does, not to ACORN specifically. So, the Reps are trying to score political points. :eek: It probably doesn't make much difference whether it goes to ACORN or another community organizing group, they are pretty much all cut from the same cloth.

Do you KNOW what Acorn does?

Do you think they are bad things to fund?

The woman is a liar and an idiot.

Do you KNOW what Acorn does?

Do you think they are bad things to fund?

The woman is a liar and an idiot.

She didn't sound like an idiot to me. She sounded fairly quick and well spoken actually. She is a politician so there is a fair chance you are right about the lying. I don't know her well enough to say. (Unlike you apparently).

Yes I know what ACORN does, at least some of it. They "do" an incredible number of things. Perhaps a better question is do YOU know what they ACTUALLY do as opposed to the brief squib about what they do in theory?

Do I think advocating for community investment is bad? Not on its face. It isn't the theory I have a problem with, it is the practice I have a problem with. There are several places you can look on their site where it describes how they do what they do. (They may not be completely public, but you can get to them if you know how.) Funding that is what's objectionable.

Forum List

Back