Congresswoman Bachmann Questions Geitner About Constitution

Sorry if you have already seen this but this is important for people to know that the US Constitution is no longer relevant...

Geitner doesn't even know what's in the Constitution yet he has pledged to defend it...LOL

YouTube - Congresswoman Questions Geithner on Constitution

After Bushes regime you are all of a sudden concerned about the constitution?

Once again you liberals don't understand... We Conservatives play by the same rules for everyone... Anyone who doesn't follow the constitution should be punished... We are not like liberals who give Democrats free passes and bitch and moan about Conservatives and Republicans doing the same thing...

I know this is a hard concept to understand for you guys but I don't know why...

South St. Paul Examiner: Congresswoman Michele Bachmann: wicky wacky again

"We’re running out of rich people in this country" -- Bachmann
She said she thinks Obama will lower the “rich” threshold to couples making $65,000 a year.

"ACORN is under federal indictment for voter fraud, but the stimulus bill nevertheless gives ACORN 5 billion dollars" -- Michele Bachmann
In reality, ACORN is not under federal indictment and isn’t mentioned in the stimulus bill at all.

"Many members of Congress have “a real aversion to capitalism "-- Bachmann
The stimulus bill includes a measure to create a “rationing board” for health care, and after the bill becomes law, “your doctor will no longer be able to make your healthcare decisions with you.” (There is no mention of health care in the stimulus package).

"The recovery package is part of a Democratic conspiracy to “direct” funding away from Republican districts, so Democratic districts can “suck up” all federal funds" -- Bachmann
Her district gets more money than any other district in the state.

While I might agree that Bachmann is not my cup of tea for some of her views (and her JD from Oral Roberts). The fact is that she was right on in her questioning, although she should probably be questioning the Banking Queen instead of the T Sec. But my guess is that Frank won't that the witness chair until the second day after Hell freezes over.

The second point, speaking to the blog you cited. It never ceases to amaze me that left can't find anything in any bill when they write them, but they can a 100 point list of evil in any bill a Rep writes whether it's there or not. I happen to have read the stimulus bill as it relates to the ACORN point. The issue revolves around the Reps actually saying "ACORN" is going to get the money. The $5 billion goes to organizations that do what ACORN does, not to ACORN specifically. So, the Reps are trying to score political points. :eek: It probably doesn't make much difference whether it goes to ACORN or another community organizing group, they are pretty much all cut from the same cloth.

Give it up logical thinking is over their heads....

South St. Paul Examiner: Congresswoman Michele Bachmann: wicky wacky again

"We’re running out of rich people in this country" -- Bachmann
She said she thinks Obama will lower the “rich” threshold to couples making $65,000 a year.

"ACORN is under federal indictment for voter fraud, but the stimulus bill nevertheless gives ACORN 5 billion dollars" -- Michele Bachmann
In reality, ACORN is not under federal indictment and isn’t mentioned in the stimulus bill at all.

"Many members of Congress have “a real aversion to capitalism "-- Bachmann
The stimulus bill includes a measure to create a “rationing board” for health care, and after the bill becomes law, “your doctor will no longer be able to make your healthcare decisions with you.” (There is no mention of health care in the stimulus package).

"The recovery package is part of a Democratic conspiracy to “direct” funding away from Republican districts, so Democratic districts can “suck up” all federal funds" -- Bachmann
Her district gets more money than any other district in the state.

While I might agree that Bachmann is not my cup of tea for some of her views (and her JD from Oral Roberts). The fact is that she was right on in her questioning, although she should probably be questioning the Banking Queen instead of the T Sec. But my guess is that Frank won't that the witness chair until the second day after Hell freezes over.

The second point, speaking to the blog you cited. It never ceases to amaze me that left can't find anything in any bill when they write them, but they can a 100 point list of evil in any bill a Rep writes whether it's there or not. I happen to have read the stimulus bill as it relates to the ACORN point. The issue revolves around the Reps actually saying "ACORN" is going to get the money. The $5 billion goes to organizations that do what ACORN does, not to ACORN specifically. So, the Reps are trying to score political points. :eek: It probably doesn't make much difference whether it goes to ACORN or another community organizing group, they are pretty much all cut from the same cloth.

Do you KNOW what Acorn does?

Do you think they are bad things to fund?

The woman is a liar and an idiot.

If ACORN helped ALL people to vote that would be one thing, when they only help Democrats that is another...

OK.... All of you liberals please tell me where in the constitution does it give Geitner the authority to do what he is doing?????????

That's all you have to do to get rid of this thread..... Can you do it.... HELL NO! So shut it and move on... You lost this one!

While there are serious questions that need to be asked of Geitner, a US Congresswoman trying to embarrass the guy who's in control of our economy right now is pretty stupid. She's just trying to make a name for herself. Very selfish of her.

While there are serious questions that need to be asked of Geitner, a US Congresswoman trying to embarrass the guy who's in control of our economy right now is pretty stupid. She's just trying to make a name for herself. Very selfish of her.

If he just would've answered the question the first time there wouldn't have been a big deal made out of this...

Aren't you tired of politicians not answering questions?

tell me you are kidding...

1. i doubt you said a word when bush officials were grilled

2. asking someone for constitutional authority is NOT embarrasing, it is a proper duty and bravo for her for wanting to uphold the constitution.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Doogie went as far as he needed to. He correctly identified that the Congress gave him the authority to do what he's doing. It is the Congress that has acted in an extra-Constitutional manner by granting the authority to do it in the first place.

Now, that said, if a "Constitutionalist" government had been in power, they would have not used the unconstitutional powers granted it by the Congress. But, the current government couldn't care less what the Constitution says or if their actions are supported by it.

:cuckoo:
it amazes me how stupid Bachmann is ... here gietner was answering her an she kept asking the same question over an over ... geitner had this look of is she getting understanding the answer ??? how many times to I have to answer her repetitive question ..

Imo, the GOP needs to keep Bachman front and center as the face of the Republican party.

Along with Rush, Hannity and Steele who has recently shown his own delusions of grandeur regarding his position in the uber powerful RNC. :lol:

Sorry if you have already seen this but this is important for people to know that the US Constitution is no longer relevant...

Geitner doesn't even know what's in the Constitution yet he has pledged to defend it...LOL

After Bushes regime you are all of a sudden concerned about the constitution?

Gotta love it when "Change you can believe in" suddenly is of no concern....

it amazes me how stupid Bachmann is ... here gietner was answering her an she kept asking the same question over an over ... geitner had this look of is she getting understanding the answer ??? how many times to I have to answer her repetitive question ..

I agree. Bachmann is not only a member of the party of No, she goes further making it a party of dumb. The constitution and law are living documents that need to fit the times we live in not some imaginary past that never was.

http://www.acslaw.org/files/Barry Friedman Vanderbilt Paper 6-2007.pdf

The constitution and law are living documents that need to fit the times we live in not some imaginary past that never was.

Wow.... So when the ACLU says "We must let our leaders know that when we step into the ballot box, the Constitution will be the first thing on our minds." they're FOS, right?

aclu.org

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Doogie went as far as he needed to. He correctly identified that the Congress gave him the authority to do what he's doing. It is the Congress that has acted in an extra-Constitutional manner by granting the authority to do it in the first place.

Now, that said, if a "Constitutionalist" government had been in power, they would have not used the unconstitutional powers granted it by the Congress. But, the current government couldn't care less what the Constitution says or if their actions are supported by it.

:cuckoo:

then kindly link us to where geico answered her question with a direct link to the constitution...from what i saw he never once mentioned where in the constitution the power for these bailouts etc..come from

The constitution and law are living documents that need to fit the times we live in not some imaginary past that never was.

Wow.... So when the ACLU says "We must let our leaders know that when we step into the ballot box, the Constitution will be the first thing on our minds." they're FOS, right?

aclu.org

No, the Constitution is not a living document. The 4 borders of the Constitution are as if they were etched in stone.

Last edited:
But see:

In other words, while this clause allows Congress to be flexible in the means, the ends must first be within the Constitution. I haven't found anywhere in the Constitution that the government is allowed to take over private institutions and operate them for ANY reason.

i'm curious as to how Youngstown applies to the current situation.

what also amazes me is that no dem has provided anything from the constitution that authorizes the president to force a CEO to resign and to essentially take control of a company.

I am not trying to fly off into conspiracy-land, but this situation, when combined with the other moves implimented by this administration and Democrat Congress, has me deeply concerned. I heard one of the many talking head columnists on television describing the last few months as the single greatest concentration of government power in the history of our nation...

While I am not certain we are at that point yet, the mood is certainly one I currently share.

It would appear my own gradual transformation from annoyance, to anger, to outright fear, is one shared by a growing number in this country.

I really hope my fears prove unfounded, but I just don't know.

Something does appear to be amiss...

I'm completley with you on that one, I know exactly how you feel.

Imo, the GOP needs to keep Bachman front and center as the face of the Republican party.

Along with Rush, Hannity and Steele who has recently shown his own delusions of grandeur regarding his position in the uber powerful RNC. :lol:

You know, as much as I disagree with Rush and company, at least they are coherent. Bachman is a train wreck on par with Sarah Palin. I think I remember she was actually excited about McCain picking Palin.

And her "You Da man" to M Steele was a real gut buster

I missed that. Like I said, a train wreck. She's hyped up about this worldwide currency thing that nobody in our government has suggested right now. Nobody even really knows what she's talking about, least of all her.

Forum List

Back