Confederate Flag vs. Ground Zero Mosque?

That fact that two things might be insensitive does not mean that the perceived insensitivity isn't being used to masque the blaming of an entire group for the actions of a few.

The entire Confederacy did engage in a war against the Union with the goal of continuing to enjoy their slave states.

Islam, not so much.

Babble is right, for once, the comparison is retarded.

That fact that two things might be insensitive does not mean that the perceived insensitivity isn't being used to masque the blaming of an entire group for the actions of a few.

:eusa_eh:

Where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why black people in SC might find a constant reminder of their state's slave history to be a wee bit insensitive. And it's equally easy to understand why family members of 9/11 victims might also find a constant reminder of their loved one's tragic passing as a wee bit insensitive.

I know you know this, but you're bound by your oath to carry water for the progressive left.

I understand and forgive you for lying through your teeth. :thup:

I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

note: Thread inspired by Ravi's self-pwnage in another thread.

What in the hell? are you crazy?:cuckoo:

I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

note: Thread inspired by Ravi's self-pwnage in another thread.

What in the hell? are you crazy?:cuckoo:

So it would seem. :lol:

But hey, feel free to do what nobody has had the balls to do so far and actually explain why one is insensitive but the other isn't...

...if you can.

Ravi says the question is retarded because the Confederacy is obviously way worse than Islam.

Allie says the question is retarded because Islam is obviously way worse than the Confederacy.

Wingtards on both sides attacking the message while being too afraid to address it head-on.

Obviously this is an EPIC WIN!

I fucking rule! :cool:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why black people in SC might find a constant reminder of their state's slave history to be a wee bit insensitive. And it's equally easy to understand why family members of 9/11 victims might also find a constant reminder of their loved one's tragic passing as a wee bit insensitive.

I know you know this, but you're bound by your oath to carry water for the progressive left.

These men fought for their country
black6.jpg

black-confederate-16.jpg

blackconfederates.jpg

Union.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

black6.jpg

black-confederate-16.jpg

blackconfederates.jpg

Union.jpg

I bet you are one of those people who say "One of my best friends is black!" during a discussion about racism.

black6.jpg

black-confederate-16.jpg

blackconfederates.jpg

Union.jpg

There were Jews who fought for Hitler as well.

Doofus: Black people may be offended by the rebel flag but that doesn't mean they blame all the people currently living in the south for the Civil War.

:cuckoo:

black6.jpg

black-confederate-16.jpg

blackconfederates.jpg

Union.jpg

There were Jews who fought for Hitler as well.

Comparing one to the other makes you look stupid just saying.

Ravi says the question is retarded because the Confederacy is obviously way worse than Islam.

Allie says the question is retarded because Islam is obviously way worse than the Confederacy.

Wingtards on both sides attacking the message while being too afraid to address it head-on.

sigh...you are still equating all of Islam with bin laden.

Once again..the difference is that the flag of Islam represents terrorism and the butchery of women and children, and the oppression of all other faiths.

The Confederate flag doesn't.

Pretty simple.

sigh...you are still equating all of Islam with bin laden.

Only the ravtards on the left think that the only "bad" Muslim is one who follows bin Laden.

Simplistic. And stupid. Look at the condition of Islamic countries and get back to me.

black6.jpg

black-confederate-16.jpg

blackconfederates.jpg

Union.jpg

I bet you are one of those people who say "One of my best friends is black!" during a discussion about racism.

No actually I am one of those who has black relatives.

Doofus: Black people may be offended by the rebel flag but that doesn't mean they blame all the people currently living in the south for the Civil War.

:cuckoo:

Bingo! And family members of 9/11 victims may be offended by the ground zero mosque but it doesn't mean they blame all Muslims for 9/11.

Perhaps you're starting to get it afterall. :thup:

Forum List

Back