Confederate Flag vs. Ground Zero Mosque?

Ravi says the question is retarded because the Confederacy is obviously way worse than Islam.

Allie says the question is retarded because Islam is obviously way worse than the Confederacy.

Wingtards on both sides attacking the message while being too afraid to address it head-on.

Obviously this is an EPIC WIN!

I fucking rule! :cool:
sigh...you are still equating all of Islam with bin laden.

Nope. You're the one doing that, not me.

I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

note: Thread inspired by Ravi's self-pwnage in another thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are protest groups out there keeping Confederate Groups from owning and developing their own private property...even if in such places as Gettysburg, Wash. D.C., etc. However, the government is not to be involved....just like state governments should not set up Confederate flags or mosques for that matter.

I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are protest groups out there keeping Confederate Groups from owning and developing their own private property...even if in such places as Gettysburg, Wash. D.C., etc. However, the government is not to be involved....just like state governments should not set up Confederate flags or mosques for that matter.

And your point is...?

Once again..the difference is that the flag of Islam represents terrorism and the butchery of women and children, and the oppression of all other faiths.

The Confederate flag doesn't.

Pretty simple.

Finally, at least somebody actually took a stab at answering the question. :clap2:

But alas, being as it was Allie, it is of course underwhelming and riddled with fail.

C'est la vie

Once again..the difference is that the flag of Islam represents terrorism and the butchery of women and children, and the oppression of all other faiths.

The Confederate flag doesn't.

Pretty simple.

Finally, at least somebody actually took a stab at answering the question. :clap2:

But alas, being as it was Allie, it is of course underwhelming and riddled with fail.

C'est la vie

That's the same answer I gave you in my first post, mantard.

:lol:

That fact that two things might be insensitive does not mean that the perceived insensitivity isn't being used to masque the blaming of an entire group for the actions of a few.

:eusa_eh:

Where the fuck do you come up with this shit?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why black people in SC might find a constant reminder of their state's slave history to be a wee bit insensitive. And it's equally easy to understand why family members of 9/11 victims might also find a constant reminder of their loved one's tragic passing as a wee bit insensitive.

I know you know this, but you're bound by your oath to carry water for the progressive left.

I understand and forgive you for lying through your teeth. :thup:

Our History, American History. It could also be veiwed as a reminder to never forget slavery.

Islamic agenda is not American history. Though they are trying very hard to make it so.

I don't approve of the Confederate flag being flow on any government building. Nor do i approve of a mosque at ground zero. I don't give a shit about anyones sensibilities. There is a thing called right and wrong.

The Confederacy declared war on the United States and fought -- killed and maimed other Americans, for the right to own and trade Black people.

Much of Islam is on America's side in the WoT (war on terror). Don't believe me? Look it up...without our Islamic allies we would be up shit creek without a paddle...plus Islam never declared war on the United States as the Confederacy has

:eusa_shhh:

That fact that two things might be insensitive does not mean that the perceived insensitivity isn't being used to masque the blaming of an entire group for the actions of a few.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why black people in SC might find a constant reminder of their state's slave history to be a wee bit insensitive. And it's equally easy to understand why family members of 9/11 victims might also find a constant reminder of their loved one's tragic passing as a wee bit insensitive.

I know you know this, but you're bound by your oath to carry water for the progressive left.

Our History, American History. It could also be veiwed as a reminder to never forget slavery.

Islamic agenda is not American history. Though they are trying very hard to make it so.

I don't approve of the Confederate flag being flow on any government building. Nor do i approve of a mosque at ground zero. I don't give a shit about anyones sensibilities. There is a thing called right and wrong.

Islamic agenda? :lol:

fact: Many powerful Islamic leaders are aiding and abetting the USA in a war on fundamental Islamic terrorism

The Confederacy declared war on the United States and fought -- killed and maimed other Americans, for the right to own and trade Black people.

Much of Islam is on America's side in the WoT (war on terror). Don't believe me? Look it up...without our Islamic allies we would be up shit creek without a paddle...plus Islam never declared war on the United States as the Confederacy has

Wrong.

You need to research the war between the states before you make yourself look less intelligent than we already all know you are.

Islam has declared war on us. Repeatedly.

Wrong.

You need to research the war between the states before you make yourself look less intelligent than we already all know you are.

Islam has declared war on us. Repeatedly.

Really? Then why did the Mayor of NYC (Gulianni) and the President (Bush) embrace Islamic leaders?

Seceding from the Union equals declaring war on the Union? :eusa_eh:

Right or wrong, had they been allowed to secede no blood would have been spilled.

Epic Dante Fail on display...

Right or wrong, had they been allowed to secede no blood would have been spilled.

Before 1865 there was nothing in the Constitution that forbid a state from leaving the union. And there are 4 states in America that have it written into thier state constitution, That was one of their stipulation for entering into the union.

mani, the Confederacy declared war on the United States. look it up... :rofl:

gawd, you're getting dumber and dumber by the month...

the Confederacy declared war on May 6,1861.

Last edited:

Before 1865 there was nothing in the Constitution that forbid a state from leaving the union. And there are 4 states in America that have it written into thier state constitution, That was one of their stipulation for entering into the union.

the states agreed to form a union... when the Constitution was ratified by the peoples of each state, and NOT by each state government, the Constitution was understood to be ratified by the people as a national identity.

the state governments did NOT ratify the US Constitution...the people did. The Framers specifically bypassed the state governments...it was an up or down vote for each population of each state

Islamic agenda? :lol:

fact: Many powerful Islamic leaders are aiding and abetting the USA in a war on fundamental Islamic terrorism

Fact: 9-11 was part of islamic agenda.

Forum List

Back