Confederate Flag vs. Ground Zero Mosque?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I've heard people decry the Confederate flag flying on statehouse grounds in SC, saying that it is insensitive.

I've also heard people decry the would be Ground Zero mosque, also saying it is insensitive.

Not surprisingly, there is very little overlap among the two groups doing the decrying.

What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not.

note: Thread inspired by Ravi's self-pwnage in another thread.

Actually...wrong.

Confederate soldiers did not announce, nor did their leaders announce their intention, nor did they attempt, to slaughter Union women and children.

In fact, it was the UNION army that starved out (i.e., killed) Confederacy women and children by ransacking the farms and blockading the ports, resulting in the starvation of who knows how many southern women and children. They were also great at starving Confederate prisoners.

Still, nobody announced any intention to kill off the women & children of the other side.

So they aren't the same.

• Banned
Actually...wrong.

Confederate soldiers did not announce, nor did their leaders announce their intention, nor did they attempt, to slaughter Union women and children.

In fact, it was the UNION army that starved out (i.e., killed) Confederacy women and children by ransacking the farms and blockading the ports, resulting in the starvation of who knows how many southern women and children. They were also great at starving Confederate prisoners.

Still, nobody announced any intention to kill off the women & children of the other side.

So they aren't the same.

:eusa_eh:

wtf are you talking about?

What exactly did I get 'wrong' in the OP?

Are you suggesting that nobody sees the Confederate flag as insensitive or that nobody sees the ground zero mosque as insensitive?

I was pretty clear.

Comparing the Confederacy to Islam isn't only wrong, it's almost criminal.

Obviously, Mani, you have missed your dosage today.

"What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not."

There ya go. I explained it.

Apparently you don't even understand the crap you write yourself, so I guess it's not surprising you don't get the responses.

"What I'd like to have explained, by anyone taking any side, is why one is indeed insensitive while the other is not."

Apparently you don't even understand the crap you write yourself, so I guess it's not surprising you don't get the responses.

So which one are you claiming isn't insensitive and why?

Ravi, you've never scored a point using me, and you never will. If you think you have, I promise it's because you're completely ass-backwards in your understanding, or just flat-out lying.

I already explained. I'm not dumbing it down any further, if you don't understand plain English, that's your issue, not mine.

I already explained. I'm not dumbing it down any further, if you don't understand plain English, that's your issue, not mine.

You didn't explain jack shit. You rambled on about a bunch of nonsense, barely tangential (being generous) to the question posed.

If you'd rather walk away after such an epic fail that's your prerogative, but I'd like to see you try and try again. If only for the shear amusement.

You didn't explain jack shit. You rambled on about a bunch of nonsense, barely tangential (being generous) to the question posed.

If you'd rather walk away after such an epic fail that's your prerogative, but I'd like to see you try and try again. If only for the shear amusement.

*yawn*.

:lol::cuckoo::lol:

"Shear" amusement...

shears2.gif

Should I be surprised that the OP has be decryed by both a rightwingtard and a leftwingtard, without either summoning enough courage to actually answer the question?

Of course not! :lol:

Yes, well, thank goodness mantard and ravtard, the blithering idiot twins, are here to set everybody else straight.

The Confederate flag is a foreign flag.

Should the French flag be allowed to fly over the Louisiana capitol or the Russian flag over the Alaskan capitol?

Forum List

Back