Con-Climate Science Fudged - But Why?

Ian C -

It's still a question of choosing one glacier here and another glacier there, though, isn't it?

That makes no sense to me at all.

I don't care what "side" anyone is on - but surely you can see that choosing 2 or 3 of the world's 130,000 glaciers in cherry picking of a simply breath-taking extent?

btw. My reference to the Ward Ice Shelf was unrelated to the topic of glaciers (which is why I had no recollection of having referred to it) but was concerning temperature change and the arctic.

point me in the right direction to find the info and I will add hundreds or thousands more glaciers. why do you think the ones I posted are not typical of most of the glaciers?

But maybe we can get back to the topic at this point, anyway.

Glacier_Mass_Balance.png

Retreat of glaciers since 1850 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Glaciers were declinding rapidly in the 1940's - though obviously by nowhere near to the same extent nor to the same global extent as they are today.

Glaciers will always go through natural (and often regional) patterns of advance and retreat, but the current pattern is absolutely without precedent.

point me in the right direction to find the info and I will add hundreds or thousands more glaciers. why do you think the ones I posted are not typical of most of the glaciers?

Because the more glaciers we look at, the more we see the same pattern - light melting patterns from 1850 - 1940, followed by some glacial advances and cooling patterns 1940 - 1980, followed by a sharp and dramatic collapse.

Looking at 1, 5 or 10 glaciers is meaningless - looking at 100, 500 or 1,000 glaciers is how we see the global nature of the pattern within a more meaningful context. Looking at one region isn't helpful either - we need to look at the entire world picture.

Last edited:
Ian's IS an HONEST post...unlike yours. You are full of crap dude. Absolutely full of crap. And you are unethical to boot. I have just pos repped Ian to make up for your douchebaggery.

Well, actually he has just lied to you twice - and you can prove it by looking at the post above this one.

He might also have been honest to admit that I have also pos repped him recently when his posting has been good.

Ir absolutely staggers me to read through this page and see that not one of you sheep is willing to admit that looking at one single glacier may not be the best or more honest way of gaining insight into what it is happening to glaciers worldwide. What children you are.

Speaking of children look in the mirror pal. I have actually been to glaciers the world over You? I have stood on glaciers that were retreating and are now advancing in both hemispheres. You claim it is one glacier but it's not you lying sack of poo, it is many, in both the northern and southern hemispheres.

Keep flapping your gums but the observed science exposes the lier that you are.

Journalist my ass.

Glacier_Mass_Balance.png

Glaciers were declinding rapidly in the 1940's - though obviously by nowhere near to the same extent nor to the same global extent as they are today.

Glaciers will always go through natural (and often regional) patterns of advance and retreat, but the current pattern is absolutely without precedent.

Absolute utter horse crap. The glaciers have retreated much worse in times past. You clowns limit your worldview to 30 years and consider the last 14,000 years to be meaningless. Absolute nonsense. For your claims about CO2 to work you HAVE TO LIE AND IGNORE THE HISTORY BEYOND 30 years ago.

Propagandist is all you are, and you're a poor one.

Glacier_Mass_Balance.png

You've conceded the debate! welcome!

Ian's IS an HONEST post...unlike yours. You are full of crap dude. Absolutely full of crap. And you are unethical to boot. I have just pos repped Ian to make up for your douchebaggery.

Well, actually he has just lied to you twice - and you can prove it by looking at the post above this one.

He might also have been honest to admit that I have also pos repped him recently when his posting has been good.

Ir absolutely staggers me to read through this page and see that not one of you sheep is willing to admit that looking at one single glacier may not be the best or more honest way of gaining insight into what it is happening to glaciers worldwide. What children you are.

A warmist whining about cherry-picked data?
The irony!

Westwall, Frank, Todd -

Would any of you like to present any material concerning the current trends in glaciers?

Or do you only post mindless spam and abuse?

We've all seen and heard the conservative dupes and their knee jerk reactions to any climate change science. They quote science of their own or most often they deny the scientific community's agreed upon analysis...but why? Why and how are our conservative friends duped?

I hate to sound like a conspiratist, but how does a climate change denier spell O-I-L?

Arctic Sea Ice Vanishes — and the Oil Rigs Move In

As Arctic sea ice melts to its lowest level on record, oil companies move in to begin drilling the far north.

As Arctic Sea Ice Melts Thanks to Climate Change, Drilling for Oil | Science and Space | TIME.com

Could the conservative dupes we all know be this easy? It appears they have been used time and time again for larger purposes having nothing to do with ideology or science -- it's profit. Profit.

:eusa_whistle:

Westwall, Frank, Todd -

Would any of you like to present any material concerning the current trends in glaciers?

Or do you only post mindless spam and abuse?

the latter. They're deniers :tinfoil:

600,000 consecutive year data set showing CO2 lagging temperature. Why are you denying the data?

CO2 Lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggs temperature

IceCores1.gif

I have actually been to glaciers the world over You? I have stood on glaciers that were retreating and are now advancing in both hemispheres.

Really?

Interesting given there are 130,000 glaciers in the world, of which are know for a fact that 123,500 are in decline.

But you have been to two which are increasing.

Can you explain to me how this is NOT cherry-picking?

btw, I've seen glaciers in Chile, Argentina, New Zealand, Norway, Nepal, India, Peru and Tanzania. Presumably you have been to many more.

I'd like present some slightly more robust evidence of global glacial decline.

The best material I have yet found is in the: Global glacier changes section of this site. It is a then a 4 page pdf file.

Global Glacier Changes: facts and figures

The material tracks glaciers back to 1845, and covers the entire globe.

On the top right hand side of page 1 is a large red and blue graphic showing glacial advance/retreat 1825 - 2010.

Frank -

I challenge you directly to look at this material and commenting on it. Let's try actually discussing some real science and staying on topic. You want to debate for once - let's see it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back