Complete common sense

Health insurance shouldn't be tied to employment in the first place.
Employer-sponsored health insurance plans dramatically expanded as a direct result of wage controls imposed by the federal government during World War II. The labor market was tight because of the increased demand for goods and decreased supply of workers during the war. Federally imposed wage and price controls prohibited manufacturers and other employers from raising wages enough to attract workers.
When the War Labor Board declared that fringe benefits, such as sick leave and health insurance, did not count as wages for the purpose of wage controls, employers responded with significantly increased offers of fringe benefits, especially health care coverage, to attract workers.

Health insurance in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's not the arguement. Less pay for doctors taking Medicare patients.

You're suggesting doctors will quit because of Obamacare?

I'm suggesting a lot of them will retire that otherwise might not have. I'm suggesting that some would be doctors will switch their majors in college.

I think older doctors who don't want to learn a new system will retire, I don't think people already in school will suddenly switch majors.

However I do think we will continue to see a decrease in doctors attending med school, but I doubt the ACA is the reason for it.

I'm suggesting a lot of them will retire that otherwise might not have. I'm suggesting that some would be doctors will switch their majors in college.

I think older doctors who don't want to learn a new system will retire, I don't think people already in school will suddenly switch majors.

However I do think we will continue to see a decrease in doctors attending med school, but I doubt the ACA is the reason for it.

no they are thrilled with all the new paper work, regulations and all the other crap that comes with it, seriously, never heard a doctor yet that went "woo hoo cant wait til this is in effect" and yes i am talking with real doctors, i have to find a new one as my is putting in for early retirement, and try to put them down all you wish, they have seen lots and put up with a lot, this migraine waiting to happen is a ailment they dont have the cure for.

Doctors who were thinking about retirement will be pushed to do it because they will be making much less money so why bother? People thinking about med school will look at the time/money commitment and what they can expect as salary and say Why bother?
It will reduce the number of doctors. This is simple Econ 101, a subject most liberals failed if they took it at all.

no they are thrilled with all the new paper work, regulations and all the other crap that comes with it, seriously, never heard a doctor yet that went "woo hoo cant wait til this is in effect" and yes i am talking with real doctors, i have to find a new one as my is putting in for early retirement, and try to put them down all you wish, they have seen lots and put up with a lot, this migraine waiting to happen is a ailment they dont have the cure for.

Doctors whining about paperwork. I should care why?

Doctors who were thinking about retirement will be pushed to do it because they will be making much less money so why bother? People thinking about med school will look at the time/money commitment and what they can expect as salary and say Why bother?
It will reduce the number of doctors. This is simple Econ 101, a subject most liberals failed if they took it at all.

Doctors are not going to be taking a significant pay reduction because of the ACA. No one is going to switch majors or not become a doctor because of the ACA.

You also forget that young people lean very liberal. I wouldn't be suprised if a majority of med students like the idea of the ACA.

the same as nurses crying about paperwork because its taking them away from their patients.

Doctors are not going to be taking a significant pay reduction because of the ACA. No one is going to switch majors or not become a doctor because of the ACA.

You also forget that young people lean very liberal. I wouldn't be suprised if a majority of med students like the idea of the ACA.

do you know all of whats in it?

Because paperwork increases cost to the doctor, reducing his bottom line, reducing his willingness to work. Consider that the next time you have to wait 3 months to see a general practitioner about that nagging cough that won't go away.

Really? How do you figure? If reimbursements are set by fiat and the goal is to control costs, why wouldn't doctor reimbursements go down?
I talk to doctors frequently and they are unhappy with the 3rd party payor system as it is.

Well you can tell a parent with three kids that a part time job is good enough. President Obama is a nightmare to the economy

This is complete common sense. Thank you Obamacare read the link. Full time workers are now part time workers. A great job creating plan from President job killer
Olive Garden, Red Lobster to Cut Hours Instead of Giving Health Insurance - Experiments - Eater National

This is pure BULLSHIT!

These companies are running businesses and those businesses need full time workers or they can't stay in business. If they could run their businesses with reduced work hours, they would have done so long ago.

In business workers aren't a luxury, they're a necessity.
Your wrong they will cover the hours with part time workers restaurants and small business can do this

Really? How do you figure? If reimbursements are set by fiat and the goal is to control costs, why wouldn't doctor reimbursements go down?
I talk to doctors frequently and they are unhappy with the 3rd party payor system as it is.

The cost of Medicare patients should be offset by all the new patients who will have private insurance.

This is complete common sense. Thank you Obamacare read the link. Full time workers are now part time workers. A great job creating plan from President job killer
Olive Garden, Red Lobster to Cut Hours Instead of Giving Health Insurance - Experiments - Eater National

This is pure BULLSHIT!

These companies are running businesses and those businesses need full time workers or they can't stay in business. If they could run their businesses with reduced work hours, they would have done so long ago.

In business workers aren't a luxury, they're a necessity.
Your wrong they will cover the hours with part time workers restaurants and small business can do this
Yup, but they started doing that in large numbers 5 years ago when the economy crashed.

Because paperwork increases cost to the doctor, reducing his bottom line, reducing his willingness to work. Consider that the next time you have to wait 3 months to see a general practitioner about that nagging cough that won't go away.

I have government health insurance. No months long wait, insane co-pays or huge monthly premiums.

However I remember what it was like when I had private insurance, and it was just like that. Of course that was before the ACA.

The cost of Medicare patients should be offset by all the new patients who will have private insurance.

"Private insurance" will still be governed by cost containment measures. All the proof you need is to look at states that implemented Obamacare-type policies. The results are exactly as I have laid them out.

Forum List

Back