Companies with 50 employees or more now required to have breastfeeding rooms

Not a bad idea. It should have been out in the open, and not hidden.

The college where I go has breast feeding rooms in each building on campus. Gives a bit of peace and security to the moms, and the best possible food for the kids.

I personally don't see why people have an issue with it. And it may just be that folks are laid back here, but you see moms doing it here often, just being very discrete with a towel or a blanket.

This makes so much sense for companies with no breastfeeding mothers.

What a great use of capital resources.

In my last company, I had several new moms on staff. As they returned to work, we juggled offices to make a private space for them - it was on an adhoc as needed basis - and we did it voluntarily. I would have been outraged to preserve a Breastfeeding Temple for the times when it wasn't needed.

Last edited:
Not a bad idea. It should have been out in the open, and not hidden.

The college where I go has breast feeding rooms in each building on campus. Gives a bit of peace and security to the moms, and the best possible food for the kids.

I personally don't see why people have an issue with it. And it may just be that folks are laid back here, but you see moms doing it here often, just being very discrete with a towel or a blanket.

I think requiring companies by federal law to have a special room is a bit much.

In my last company, I had several new moms on staff. As they returned to work, we juggled offices to make a private space for them - it was on an adhoc as needed basis - and we did it voluntarily. I would have been outraged to preserve a Breastfeeding Temple for the times when it wasn't needed.

It's a freakin room.

Talk about overreaction.

Edit:

Note so I don't get 50 other responses on this post. I'm calling her rhetoric over this a bit of a overreaction.

Last edited:
The issue with breast pumping is that it makes a racket - I can understand why a nursing mother would wish for some privacy. But the Federal Government does not need to regulate this - correction, we don't need them to, but they need to find more ways to justify their expansion.

Will there now be special Breast Feeding Monitors that go around inspecting offices for Breast Pump Temple compliance?

It's a freakin room.

Talk about overreaction.

Ummm, in both of my jobs there is no way there can be additional room just for this.

I don't know if there is an as unyet explained loophole in which they can wriggle through...

It's a freakin room.

Talk about overreaction.

and breast feeding mothers want to be confined to one ???

Ummm, in both of my jobs there is no way there can be additional room just for this.

I don't know if there is an as unyet explained loophole in which they can wriggle through...

I'm sure there is. I admit, there really doesn't need to be a room for this.

However, calling it a "breastfeeding temple" that's needed at all times is a bit ridiculous and over-the-top.

Obviously someone went to the trouble to create this "special room". Must be something sacred about it.

I think the rhetoric is just over-the-top, because it is.

Questions are now:

1.) Who put it in the bill?

2.) What is the full language?

3.) What can be done about it?

I don't know if we're getting the full story about this considering it is the TMZ version of news.

Forum List

Back