Companies with 50 employees or more now required to have breastfeeding rooms

What Doggie doesn't realize is that such regulations are used to punish companies that need to be brought in line. Because it is ridiculous, oversight will be selective.

What Doggie doesn't realize is that such regulations are used to punish companies that need to be brought in line. Because it is ridiculous, oversight will be selective.

God you are really fucking stupid sometimes Boe. What part of "I don't agree with this policy?" do you not get? The I don't agree part?

Will there be nursing rooms in the dugouts? Just in case the Yankees recruit a female player in the future. Uneffinbelievable.

This is the sort of over-the-top rhetoric I'm talking about. We can discuss this like adults without using outrageous examples that will never happen.

No offense, just sayin.

How about you starting the "adult" part then

Commence -

How about you starting the "adult" part then

Commence -

I already said it in a previous post.

We have to ask ourselves:

1.) Who put this in the bill?

2.) What's the exact language?

3.) What can be done about it?

Why can't they just use a conference room? The bank where I worked had to have secure private places for discrete staff conferences. There was at least one for every department. Kids have feeding schedules, so just scheduling the conference room shouldn't be that big a deal.

Special rooms when not required does sound a bit much

1. ) Why does it matter?

2. ) Like there could be some good reason in there in the fine print?

3.) It can always be appealed.

1.) If it was my rep, I'd want to know.

2.) Loophole.

3.) Obviously. But question is, would it realistically have a chance?

So would you give your rep a pat on the back for helping to pass this bill ?

My three questions to my rep would be:

1.) Why would you not put this as a separate bill?

2.) What do you hope to accomplish with this?

3.) What about those small businesses with under 50 employees who cannot simply afford a extension and or are so small in the first place that there aren't even any extra rooms excluding the bathroom?

Can't have moms taking advantage of the company. Install cameras.

On a more serious note, where do we put the kid inbetween feedings?

Last edited:
This makes so much sense for companies with no breastfeeding mothers.

What a great use of capital resources.

In my last company, I had several new moms on staff. As they returned to work, we juggled offices to make a private space for them - it was on an adhoc as needed basis - and we did it voluntarily. I would have been outraged to preserve a Breastfeeding Temple for the times when it wasn't needed.

It's a freakin room.

Talk about overreaction.

Edit:

Note so I don't get 50 other responses on this post. I'm calling her rhetoric over this a bit of a overreaction.

Seems like it would go hand in hand with the whole family values schpeil.....folks should be happy...if they support family values...

what does a separate breastfeeding room have to do with family values?

So would you give your rep a pat on the back for helping to pass this bill ?

My three questions to my rep would be:

1.) Why would you not put this as a separate bill?

2.) What do you hope to accomplish with this?

3.) What about those small businesses with under 50 employees who cannot simply afford a extension and or are so small in the first place that there aren't even any extra rooms excluding the bathroom?

Live it up-----think big-----realize how stupid it is (and what a giant waste of money)

I was thinking about this too. do pregnant women really bring their breast feeding kids tow ork? I thought they pumped?

Live it up-----think big-----realize how stupid it is (and what a giant waste of money)

I'd get to that eventually. But I'd like to be respectable as long as they are to me. Running them down and yelling at them doesn't do much. :lol:

I was thinking about this too. do pregnant women really bring their breast feeding kids tow ork? I thought they pumped?

The room is really for pumping. The article was a bit misleading.

Oh, but now you have these handy rooms. Why not bring the while kid to work? THen the poor dog just sits at home all day. Bring Fido to work too.

Live at home and work on the job people.

Forum List

Back