Common Sense Crime Prevention... or "How best to organize your community"

Aug 18, 2008
A friend turned me onto this and I immediately thought that it may help illustrate how the 2nd amendment works... and why its just common sense, to avoid regulations which prevent one from arming themselves...

So I offer it to the board for consideration and discussion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AYG4y5et5g]YouTube - Captain Kirk "Shatner" on gun control![/ame]

Last edited:
1,000,000 Americans killed by guns since 1960.
Thanks NRA!
That's 20,833 people a year. How does that rank among leading causes of death?
N C H S - FASTATS - Leading Causes of Death
Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Heart disease: 652,091[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Cancer: 559,312[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 143,579[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Chronic lower respiratory diseases:130,933[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Accidents (unintentional injuries): 117,809[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Diabetes: 75,119[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Alzheimer's disease: 71,599[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Influenza/Pneumonia: 63,001[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 43,901[/FONT]
bullet.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Septicemia: 34,136[/FONT]
Not even in the top ten.

Thanks NRA!

This argument is undoubtedly older than you are but: Guns don't kill people; people kill people - sometimes with guns. Now, if you outlaw guns then only outlaws, you know - the people who would kill other people with guns, will have guns.

There is also a provision of the US Constitution called the Second Amendment, regarding this issue. You should read-up on that.

The best way to prevent crime is to arm every home and business owner, give them a pit bull and arm the dog as well.

break in

I dare ya'

Thanks NRA!

ROFLMNAO... So the femnized left watches a video where an PERSON IS OVERTLY VIOLATING THE RIGHTS OF TWO INNOCENT HUMAN BEINGS... and as result of ONE of the innocent people being armed, THE PERSON OVERTLY VIOLATING THE HUMAN RIGHTS OF TWO INNOCENT PEOPLE is severely wounded... and quite naturally, one of our in-house 'liberals' decides this is a good opportunity to poin out that in 50 years, a million people were killed by guns... LOL... Leftists...

Of course she didn't say how many of that million NEEDED KILLING... 'cause she just pulled the figure straight out of her ass (meaning some pathetic leftist disinformation website...) but she projects that all of those killed were just mindin' their own business (much like the innocent people portrayed in the clip) when BAM a gun enters and blows 'em away...

Again, this is yet ANOTHER example of why these people should not be allowed within 100 MILES of a voting booth.

*50,000,000 Americans killed by by heart disease from overeating since 1950.

Thanks junkfood industry!

* (50,000,000? Who knows? I made it up)

So the junk food industry is forcing junk food down the necks of people who otherwise wouldn't be eating it?

SAY IT AIN'T SO!

Amusing clip but aiming for the kneecaps or feet is some hollywood crap. He'd be leaving himself wide open for a lawsuit. Aim for the head and chest.

This argument is undoubtedly older than you are but: Guns don't kill people; people kill people - sometimes with guns. Now, if you outlaw guns then only outlaws, you know - the people who would kill other people with guns, will have guns.

There is also a provision of the US Constitution called the Second Amendment, regarding this issue. You should read-up on that.

The Constitution also counts slaves as three fifths of a person.

Thanks. It made my day.

Interesting that the needless deaths of 1,000,000 Americans draws no empathy from the gun lovers.

Which goes back to studies that show that conservatives have less empathy and more fear.

Forum List

Back