Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
tumblr_lq989fq15T1qj1a6fo1_500.jpg

th

If Sally had gone on a diet, she could have fed a village by herself

Any commercial that starts with
"See your doctor to see if____is right for you"
How about working on cancer, my boner is working fine.

I essentially hate all commercials. There's little to no truth in advertising.

Take the pharmaceutical ads. There's a drug out there to resolve, cure, or inhibit the bad effects of every disease known to man. And when you listen to the long list of side effects and all the chaos they can cause up to and including death ... it's enough to scare the shit out of you. The negative side effects seem to be worse than whatever the drug is supposed to cure.

Probably top of the list is all these law firms soliciting business from everybody on the planet who has suffered some kind of damage from some drug, medical device, or whatever that has caused this injury or death. They're pandering to what has become a very litigious society (just ask anybody who's been involved in a minor car accident). I worked for a couple firms involved in this mass tort stuff and thank God I never had to be directly involved in that stuff. Firm "A" (which is doing the ads) contacts firms in every state in which they are not licensed to handle claims originating in that state. You cannot imagine the amount of paper involved, filing fees, legal fees, etc. Lots of money involved in these mass tort cases - and the people who make the most money are the lawyers. Think about it: generally speaking, once settled, ruled on, or whatever, the first thing that comes off the top of these billions is all the federal, state and local taxes as applicable. The the lawyers get theirs - legal fees per working attorney, paralegal, and legal secretary (usually to cover secretarial overtime hours), court filing and other fees, etc. Whatever is left is divided up according to the degree of injury suffered by each individual. Want to cut down on pharmaceutical and medical costs? Get the attorneys out of the mass tort business.

Lysol - just love those "healthing" ads. While some are Lysoling their homes from ceiling to floor 24/7 to keep their families germ free ... a nice sterile environment ... and then they send their family members out into the public where everybody gets sick from germs picked up from all the people who aren't sanitizing the hell out of their homes. The "sterile" set basically doesn't build up the antibodies necessary to at least half way combat the germs passed out by others. The only thing being "healthed" is the corporate bottom line.

The list goes on and on.

Fairly good rule of thumb: Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

The "Grandma?"....moan...moan...moan..."Help. I've fallen and can't get up" and the guys smiling on the phones saying "help will soon be there".

People in the shower..smiling.

People eating. Smiling.

Any commercial showing a baby in a stank ass shit filled diaper. For Christ's sake people put some pants on your kids.

I hate the damn drug commercials. They start out telling you how great the drug is and how it'll make you feel great again, then they give you the warning. It'll make your arthritis better but you might end up KILLING YOURSELF!!! Oh yeah, I want that drug!

Which is why I take nothing for my arthritis. Too many horror stories. I check up on ALL drugs given to me before it goes in my face. Some go in the trash can.
This drug pushing crap by drug companies needs to be stopped. And that is exactly what it is. Pushing drugs. "Ask your doctor if this is right for you!" crap.

I really hate the Liberty Mutual commercials where these tools feign outrage because when they wreck their used cars the insurance will only pay to buy another used car. What a fucking moron! Also, I know from personal experience that LE has about the highest rates in the industry.

Forum List

Back