Renting movies

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
This society started moving backwards in a number of areas 5-10 years ago. Everyone used typewriters 30 years ago, but gave them up for pc's. Now people have been duped to going back to using tiny typewriter keyboards to type messages into a phone! WTH is that. Its a phone! You can talk to people on these things now.

Movie rental places had 1000s of titles, old and new, at your fingertips. Now you have to wait days for them from an online rental place. Redbox has a tiny selection and isn't of much use.

I really dislike this devolution of some of these things. They aren't better now, they were better then. Change is fine and I'm all for it if it makes something better. VHS tapes were a huge leap forward. As were DVDs. But the method of using them has regressed terribly.

If you can't make something better, don't change it!

I actually have said I wished that Redbox had a better selection and a old movie section...

I remember going to Blockbuster and renting movies and if you wanted to watch a old movie you could find something but today it is impossible to find anything.

Also Cable and Dish offer very little too...

I actually have said I wished that Redbox had a better selection and a old movie section...

I remember going to Blockbuster and renting movies and if you wanted to watch a old movie you could find something but today it is impossible to find anything.

Xfinity offers a pretty damn good selection of movies on pay per view.

I bought a new hdtv this weekend, and a firestick so I have Amazon, YouTube, hulk, Netflix....I can find anything I want to watch. It's great. And Netflix does have classics.

Where I live the only offer U-Verse, and had it and will never do it again..

I bought a new hdtv this weekend, and a firestick so I have Amazon, YouTube, hulk, Netflix....I can find anything I want to watch. It's great. And Netflix does have classics.
I do...The tv I wanted was a smart tv but they didn't have any in stock. So I took an on sale hdtv and forty bucks for a fire stick that picks up my WiFi and thus all that stuff. I can buy or rent anything on Amazon, tap into hulu.. it can give us games and hbo and starz and I don't know what else. Very cool

I have amazon Prime and Netflix, but no firestick, do you get Hulu?

I do...The tv I wanted was a smart tv but they didn't have any in stock. So I took an on sale hdtv and forty bucks for a fire stick that picks up my WiFi and thus all that stuff. I can buy or rent anything on Amazon, tap into hulu.. it can give us games and hbo and starz and I don't know what else. Very cool

Pretty cool I want one :lol:

Whoops posted in the middle. Yeah we have hulu, my girl watches her shows on it

This society started moving backwards in a number of areas 5-10 years ago. Everyone used typewriters 30 years ago, but gave them up for pc's. Now people have been duped to going back to using tiny typewriter keyboards to type messages into a phone! WTH is that. Its a phone! You can talk to people on these things now.

Movie rental places had 1000s of titles, old and new, at your fingertips. Now you have to wait days for them from an online rental place. Redbox has a tiny selection and isn't of much use.

I really dislike this devolution of some of these things. They aren't better now, they were better then. Change is fine and I'm all for it if it makes something better. VHS tapes were a huge leap forward. As were DVDs. But the method of using them has regressed terribly.

Go to youtube and type in the old movie that you want to watch, many times they are free.
I have a Chrome connector , $35.00 where I can watch anything from the internet on my tv.
Easy to hook up too.

If you have access to the internet, you can get almost anything you want.

U-verse was the best system i have ever had....had it for 5 years and it never went down and never had a price increase.....now i moved and have Direct TV with Century Link for the internet...link went down all day my first month with it....

Firestick? Chrome connector? I just bought a new HD tv. Even with the stick or whatever, you still have to pay to join hulu and amazon. Dontcha?

Quick off topic comment:
Abby Sciuto on NCIS is really 47 years old. I'll take what she's having. Thanks in advance.

Now You Know, Pass It On is over. Carry on.

Go to youtube and type in the old movie that you want to watch, many times they are free.
I have a Chrome connector , $35.00 where I can watch anything from the internet on my tv.
Easy to hook up too.

$35 a month?

I don't understand why people still use Redbox when they have an internet connection. You can rent or watch for free more titles than Redbox ever has. Maybe if you have a really slow connection or bandwidth caps.

I don't understand why people still use Redbox when they have an internet connection. You can rent or watch for free more titles than Redbox ever has. Maybe if you have a really slow connection or bandwidth caps.
That's what drove Blockbuster out, and that's what's killing Redbox. No more going out in the cold/rain/dark/etc. to try and get a movie that you're in the mood to watch. No need to remember to return it, either. If the regional release crap is ever done away with, it'll get even better.
As it stands, I can be watching nearly any movie I can think of within about five minutes.

Forum List

Back