Columbus Day is another great American holiday that the Democrats can’t enjoy.

I understand people may not like or agree with Columbus...but at the very least everyone who was born in the U.S. should at least respect what he did....considering the FACT that none of them would exist if it wasn't for him.
Actually it was discovered many times before him and of course the Indians discovered it 8000 years earlier... And it would have been discovered again if he hadn't just a matter of time...

Discovery is one thing. What happened after is something quite different!
Doesn't matter. Celebrating Columbus Day in the Hispanic culture is a celebration and blending of different cultures and people.

No wonder liberals hate it.
It's Italian Americans that started it and love it the most Hispanic my ass...

Today's Democrats are miserable folks. They exploit any possibility to divide the People. They stir up mass anger and division, and then promise to 'Unite.' But of course the 'Uniting' never happens. It's a 'Divide & Conquer' strategy. The Democratic Party has been engaging in it for many years.

It's all in Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals', if anyone's interested. I do think less folks are buying into Democrat-manufactured outrage, but far too many still are. They can't see that they're being played. All this Democrat Race-Baiting stuff is just a strategy. It's a game. Hopefully more people will begin to understand that.
That is, if you believe all that hate propaganda on Fox and Rush Limbaugh and etc etc etc. I couldn't care less they can make Christopher Columbus Day the biggest celebration of the year he didn't do anything anyone else wouldn't have done and everybody would have killed 90% of the Indians with disease anyway...

Without Columbus America would not have toilets, electricity, computers, radios, TVs, cars, written language, elected government, the internet, iron, the wheel........so be thankful

North America would not have stayed undiscovered for long if not for Columbus. It's significant that he did it, but that doesn't mean we need to honor the dude with a holiday. To be honest though I don't care much. I would have left it alone. I do see their reasons for doing it though.
Ah, the Vikings discovered America 500 years before Columbus.

Without Columbus America would not have toilets, electricity, computers, radios, TVs, cars, written language, elected government, the internet, iron, the wheel........so be thankful

North America would not have stayed undiscovered for long if not for Columbus. It's significant that he did it, but that doesn't mean we need to honor the dude with a holiday. To be honest though I don't care much. I would have left it alone. I do see their reasons for doing it though.
Ah, the Vikings discovered America 500 years before Columbus.
And probably others before that much... At any rate the Indians would be very surprised to hear that America was discovered while they were living here... LOL

Columbus was a cunt. Anybody that knows history knows that.

Yea, he was. Doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate the discovery of North America by Europeans.

He didn't even discover it. Lief Erickson did.

That had no effect on Europe though. Columbus' discovery of it is what ushered in a new era in history.
Mainly ruin the lives and killed 90% of America and the gold was what did it great for Spain and Pirates... Whatever... Happy Saint Brendan's day! Probably discovered America in the 800's...

No offense to the cannibals who Columbus encountered, but they really should be thankful some of the sick Spaniards had sex with them.

I understand people may not like or agree with Columbus...but at the very least everyone who was born in the U.S. should at least respect what he did....considering the FACT that none of them would exist if it wasn't for him.
Actually it was discovered many times before him and of course the Indians discovered it 8000 years earlier... And it would have been discovered again if he hadn't just a matter of time...

Doesn't matter. Celebrating Columbus Day in the Hispanic culture is a celebration and blending of different cultures and people.

All the Latin countries love it and celebrate it.

They were not cannibals. Google that. As usual, you're wrong...

"Google" is fake news. They were cannibals and invented what we call the BBQ. Which for them was their enemies being roasted and eaten!

I already posted this for you it's not my fault you refuse to read things you don't like.

From the link I previously gave you...

Over 500 years have passed since Christopher Columbus set sail on the journey that led him to discover the New World. On October 12, 1492,

In many countries, October 12th is recognized as the Día de la Raza (Day of the Race) or Día de la Hispanidad (Hispanic Day) and is a national holiday. Mexico, Central America, and South America have focused on honoring the ethnic diversity of its people who have a common beginning, tradition, or language. These nationalities include Native Americans (such as the Mayans, Aztecs and Incas) and European nationalities (Spanish, Portuguese, and French).

In Spain, Hispanic Day coincides with the National Day of Spain. In 1913, Rodriguez San Pedro, President of the Iberian-American Union, created this holiday to develop closer ties between Spain and Latin American countries. In Madrid, there is an impressive military parade involving all branches of the military, and some people even use the term Day of the Homeland to designate this holiday.

Ecuador declared October 12th as Día de la Interculturalidad y la Plurinacionalidad (Day of Intercultural and Plurinationality), which was designed to recognize and promote dialogue between different cultures, strengthen national unity, and celebrate all nationalities and indigenous peoples.

Meanwhile, in the United States the holiday is seen with skepticism and hatred by some, who view Columbus’ arrival to America as the origin of the violent murder of Native Americans. On a recent episode of his show Last Week Tonight, John Oliver described Christopher Columbus as a “murder egomaniac” and raised the question “Columbus Day: How is this still a thing?”

Columbus Day in the U.S. is held the second Monday of October each year in many parts of the country, but not all states attend this commemoration. Many Americans are still trying to determine whether or not they should commemorate Columbus Day. Essentially, this holiday is controversial as the large majority of Americans—despite background or political orientation—conclude that Columbus Day no longer suits the litmus test of credibility and relevance. Some states, including Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon do not recognize Columbus day at all. Others, like South Dakota, Seattle, and Minnesota, have replaced this holiday in favor for Indigenous People’s Day which, according the Associate Press, “celebrates the contributions and culture of Native Americans and the indigenous community” and “the rich history of people who have inhabited the area.”

For its part, Italians Americans observe Columbus Day as a celebration of their heritage, not to the man. Within the Italian community, Columbus Day symbolizes the legacy of their ancestors who immigrated to America, overcame poverty, language barriers, and above all, discrimination. Surprisingly, this holiday was first celebrated by Italians of New York in 1866 honoring Columbus’s Italian Heritage, but the official celebration in Spain did not occur until 1913 and soon after in Latin America.

Hispanics are embracing the millennial vision of the New World, where the unification of Spain with the tribes of America, which celebrates the spreading of the Spanish language, the beginning of a new Hispanic identity, but most of all honoring ethnic diversity of its people.

Columbus Day has become the strangest holiday celebration in the United States, one in which the common opinion of the day has slipped the farthest from the purpose of those who initiated the practice. It nevertheless seems that the vast majority of Hispanics has given a lesson in finding October 12th as a positive celebration of the mixing of peoples and cultures.

It's not that I don't like it, it's just that my argument is that Columbus started a process of genocide and it was one of the largest, if not THE largest genocide in world history.

Your "counter-argument" is that A) the Native Americans were killing each other and B) that many Hispanics celebrate Columbus and other such people.

I don't see how your "counter-argument" has anything at all to do with my argument.

It's like me saying that I don't like cheese and you talking about how the Moon is rather large.
Your argument ignores why Columbus Day was and is celebrated and by whom...

In an attempt to demonize.

Yes, my argument ignores why Columbus Day exists and why it's celebrated and by whom. Well done on getting this far. It also ignores who won the Superbowl in 1492. It also ignores that the Moon is not made of cheese. Would you like me to continue?
By all means continue to be a moonbat that makes no sense as long as you can be in a constant state of faux outrage.

Oh, now insults.

Look, I made an argument, your "counter argument" had nothing to do with my argument, so you pull out the insults because... because.... why? Why do you feel the need to insult?
Liberals think they are hurting white culture by removing Columbus Day from the calendar and they are wrong. It's the Hispanics that celebrate it and value it to celebrate diversity. Liberals don't like to acknowledge that though...it doesn't fit their narrative of racism in American culture that needs to be removed.

"Indigenous" is fake information. The inbred, low IQ savages who sporadically inhabited the New World that Columbus discovered came from Asia!

Romania? Italy? Spain? Portugal?

"Indigenous" is fake information. The inbred, low IQ savages who sporadically inhabited the New World that Columbus discovered came from Asia!

Well, everyone came from somewhere else. However people often feel that another group of people have imposed themselves.

With your view anyone should be able to just rock up to the USA.

Romania? Italy? Spain? Portugal?
Care to guess why Hispanic heritage month was established and celebrated from September 15 - October 15 ?

Forum List

Back