Columbus Day is another great American holiday that the Democrats can’t enjoy.

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Left Wingers loath our country.
Democrat Cities have banned Columbus Day.
Democrats want the western hemisphere to be like it was before Columbus..... the Paleolithic Age

Columbus was a ****. Anybody that knows history knows that. His contribution is significant and he deserves his place in history books, but that's about it in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without Columbus America would not have toilets, electricity, computers, radios, TVs, cars, written language, elected government, the internet, iron, the wheel........so be thankful

Without Columbus America would not have toilets, electricity, computers, radios, TVs, cars, written language, elected government, the internet, iron, the wheel........so be thankful

North America would not have stayed undiscovered for long if not for Columbus. It's significant that he did it, but that doesn't mean we need to honor the dude with a holiday. To be honest though I don't care much. I would have left it alone. I do see their reasons for doing it though.

Last edited:
What annoys me more than the reverence for a brutal asshole, is the way our schools teach bullshit.

Columbus did NOT discover that the world was round. That was common knowledge.

He thought he had found India, so he called the natives "Indians". And continued to do so even when it was obviously not India.

Democrats want the western hemisphere to be like it was before Columbus..... the Paleolithic Age
No, little 'Conservative' knownothing. We do not loathe our nation. And I, and many like me, have dd214's that say Honorable. Columbus took a long chance and was rewarded for that chance. He was as nearly barbaric in his treatment of the people's he found in the new world as Hitler was of the Jews. The Americas would have been colonized by Europe even if Colombus had not made that voyage. The Vikings had already explored part of the east coast, and the Chinese, portions of the West Coast. The English, French, and Dutch were all starting to look for areas to exploit.

Before Columbus came to the western hemisphere the natives had not even invented iron or the wheel yet

actually, prior to Columbus' arrival, the New World had pretty sophisticated civilizations. The Aztecs and the Inca, of course, but also the Mound Building Cultures of North America.

What happened to them was when Columbus and his successors brought over smallpox and a lot of other european diseases, the populations of these societies collapsed.

Columbus, the guy who started the Genocide? How about Hitler day too? He killed less people in Genocide than Columbus.

Columbus, the guy who started the Genocide? How about Hitler day too? He killed less people in Genocide than Columbus.

Do you even know the definition of "genocide"

actually, prior to Columbus' arrival, the New World had pretty sophisticated civilizations.

Yup. Human sacrifice among the Aztecs, Mayans and Zapotecs was definitely raised to a sophisticated level.

Yup. Human sacrifice among the Aztecs, Mayans and Zapotecs was definitely raised to a sophisticated level.

And the more "civilized" Europeans were burning witches and heretics to appease their Imaginary Sky Man.

185403-004-CB748828.jpg

No, little 'Conservative' knownothing. We do not loathe our nation. And I, and many like me, have dd214's that say Honorable. Columbus took a long chance and was rewarded for that chance. He was as nearly barbaric in his treatment of the people's he found in the new world as Hitler was of the Jews. The Americas would have been colonized by Europe even if Colombus had not made that voyage. The Vikings had already explored part of the east coast, and the Chinese, portions of the West Coast. The English, French, and Dutch were all starting to look for areas to exploit.

Was he more barbaric than the planned parenthood clinics that have killed over 50 million?

Well then surely they are at work and in school. :)

Columbus Day is a big deal in much of Latin America. It is a celebration of their heritage - the colonization by Europeans from Spain. (and some from Portugal) What a contrast though in prosperity, rule of law and living conditions between those European colonies to the south of the Mexican/US border and those to the north.

But showing solidarity with our European cousins by sharing a celebration of their heritage should be embraced by all Americans, right?

Last edited:
How does Columbus Day get ruined ? Did I take down your Columbus tree? Cancel your Columbus Day fireworks ?

Forum List

Back