Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College

Yet you made a baseless assumption and expect everyone to accept your claim. I'm waiting on you to support your statement about it and will tear it apart like your BOY Obama did with the Constitution.

No, I didn't. I promise I'll get it to sink into your nawgin nice and good, too.

Come on, conservative65.

We're still waiting. Tell us what you know about the original intent of the electoral college.

If you're going to challenge any claim I make, I'm afraid you're going to have to support it. That's what men do. You can't just wave your dick around, that won't work. Huh uh. I want to show you what functional debate is. Allow me the opportunity, please.

Yet you made a baseless assumption and expect everyone to accept your claim. I'm waiting on you to support your statement about it and will tear it apart like your BOY Obama did with the Constitution.

No, I didn't. I promise I'll get it to sink into your nawgin nice and good, too.

Come on, conservative65.

We're still waiting. Tell us what you know about the original intent of the electoral college.

You mean your baseless assumptions.

You couldn't teach a fish to swim. Your statements have as much value as a job application to the average black.

The Colorado Senate this week passed a bill that would award the state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the nationwide popular vote.

The Senate passed the measure along party lines in a 19-16 vote Tuesday, sending the bill to the state House for consideration.

The bill, known as the the national popular vote interstate compact, was sponsored by state Sen. Mike Foote (D), would require Colorado members of the Electoral College to cast their vote for the winner of the national popular vote.

Continued - Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College

As some might already know, interstate compact agreements require approval by Congress.

Though, I think it's more disturbing than humorous that the Colorodo Senate doesn't understand this. There's a humorous line a lot of people use about wanting to make the electorate take a civics test before voting, this is unconstitutional, of course, but one might wonder if a civics test might be in order for those of us running for higher office. Particularly given the oath they take to protect and defend the Constitution. I wonder sometimes if they've even read the thing.

You can't make this stuff up. Ha.
Remember the Congressionally passed, President-signed "Communications Decency Act"? Almost everyone who approved it was a lawyer. Almost everyone realized from the start it was unconstitutional. The very first Federal Judge agreed (about five minutes after it passed and the A.C.L.U. appealed it).
Should the U.S. Congress have to take a civics test? Or, do these excuses for representatives not care, merely do whatever the momentary whims of what ever they deem their constituency want to see?
Too bad that something many of us want to see done should be attempted in a stupid manner.

Remember the Congressionally passed, President-signed "Communications Decency Act"? Almost everyone who approved it was a lawyer. Almost everyone realized from the start it was unconstitutional. The very first Federal Judge agreed (about five minutes after it passed and the A.C.L.U. appealed it).
Should the U.S. Congress have to take a civics test? Or, do these excuses for representatives not care, merely do whatever the momentary whims of what ever they deem their constituency want to see?
Too bad that something many of us want to see done should be attempted in a stupid manner.

Hold that thought. Whenever conservative65 gets done Googling, he's going to educate us.

Gather 'round ye all. This is gonna be a hoot. Yes indeed.

Last edited:
I see your little green light on, conservative65. It's not very polite.
nottalking.gif

It's okay. I understand. You may go. I'm gonna make some pancakes anyway. And I still need to find an avatar for LA RAMS FAN. Gosh, I forgot about that.

there4eyeM, I'll get back with you later about that, man. I'm hungry. Ha.

Last edited:
The Colorado Senate this week passed a bill that would award the state's electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the nationwide popular vote.

The Senate passed the measure along party lines in a 19-16 vote Tuesday, sending the bill to the state House for consideration.

The bill, known as the the national popular vote interstate compact, was sponsored by state Sen. Mike Foote (D), would require Colorado members of the Electoral College to cast their vote for the winner of the national popular vote.

Continued - Colorado Senate passes bill favoring popular vote over Electoral College

As some might already know, interstate compact agreements require approval by Congress.

Though, I think it's more disturbing than humorous that the Colorodo Senate doesn't understand this. There's a humorous line a lot of people use about wanting to make the electorate take a civics test before voting, this is unconstitutional, of course, but one might wonder if a civics test might be in order for those of us running for higher office. Particularly given the oath they take to protect and defend the Constitution. I wonder sometimes if they've even read the thing.

Mob rule is always fun. As long as your the one in the mob.

48 states have the pop vote.Split Electoral Votes in Maine and Nebraska

only fair for every vote to count.

Your vote counts on the State in most States which is why Candidates have to work to win so many States and not just rely on the National Popular Vote.

Sure those like you love the idea of the National Vote to win the Presidential elections until a State like Texas swing it to the GOP and then you will whine.

The Electoral College works fine and it was Hillary Clinton who that cost her along with Sanders and Stein...

You assumed without providing anything to support it. That's baseless.

What did I assume, conservative65? We'll have to get that outta the way before we can cover whether it's baseless.

We'll wait.

Thanks!
"I'm just going to go ahead and assume you have no clue whatsoever how the electoral college was originally intended to function in the Constitution".

Since all we have is an assumption with nothing to support why it is, we've also covered how it's baseless in providing the quote YOU made.

This law is a major step in making the illegal alien vote a bigger factor; 3 of our largest states already have millions of criminal illegal aliens being lined up by racist gangs like La Raza and the Democratic Party to be trooped to the polls; California, Texas, and Florida. Total up the Congressional seats in those states.

It also obviously makes the Colorado citizen's vote irrelevant by tying it to the 'national vote', no matter what they voted for. This will get tossed out soon, I hope.

Last edited:

A meningless gesture of stupidity, but Colorado can do this if they want. There are no provisions in the COTUS for how states must count votes towards their electoral votes.

Theoretically, and realistically states aren't even required to base their electoral votes on anything. Colorado has 9 electoral votes, the state legislature could just appoint 9 people as electoral voters and totally ignore the people of Colorado if they so chose.

The myth that you have a right to vote in the Presidential election is just that , a myth.

electoral college was originally intended to

The United States Electoral College is a body of electors established by the United States Constitution, constituted every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president of the United States. The Electoral College consists of 538 electors, and an absolute majority of 270 electoral votes is required to win an election. Pursuant to Article II, Section 1, Clause 2, the legislature of each statedetermines the manner by which its electors are chosen. Each state's number of electors is equal to the combined total of the state's membership in the Senateand House of Representatives; currently there are 100 senators and 435 representatives.[1][2][3] Additionally, the Twenty-third Amendment provides that the District of Columbia (D.C.) is entitled to a number of electors no greater than that of the least populous state (i.e. 3).[4]
United States Electoral College - Wikipedia

The Twenty-third Amendment (1961) extends the right to vote in presidential elections to citizens residing in the District of Columbia by granting the District electors in the Electoral College, as if it were a state. When first established as the nation's capital in 1800, the District of Columbia's five thousand residents had neither a local government, nor the right to vote in federal elections. By 1960 the population of the District had grown to over 760,000 people.[89]

The Twenty-second Amendment (1951) limits an elected president to two terms in office, a total of eight years. However, under some circumstances it is possible for an individual to serve more than eight years. Although nothing in the original frame of government limited how many presidential terms one could serve, the nation's first president, George Washington, declined to run for a third term, suggesting that two terms of four years were enough for any president. This precedent remained an unwritten rule of the presidency until broken by Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was elected to a third term as president 1940 and in 1944 to a fourth.[96]
United States Constitution - Wikipedia

FOLKS
, please don't tell trump he can run for four (4) terms!!!!!!
BTW: Obama could have run for a third term if only someone had told him he could.

The Electoral College is embodied in the Constitution in Article 2, Section 1, and in the 12th Amendment. ... Though the term is never used in the Constitution itself, the electors that choose the President at each election are traditionally called a College.
------------
Section 1 of Article Two establishes the positions of the president and the vice president, and sets the term of both offices at four years. Section 1's Vesting Clausedeclares that the executive power of the federal government is vested in the president and, along with the Vesting Clauses of Article One and Article Three, establishes the separation of powers between the three branches of government. Section 1 also establishes the Electoral College, the body charged with electing the president and the vice president. Section 1 provides that each state chooses members of the Electoral College in a manner directed by each state's respective legislature, with the states granted electors equal to their combined representation in both houses of Congress. Section 1 lays out the procedures of the Electoral College and requires the House of Representatives to hold a contingent election to select the president if no individual wins a majority of the electoral vote. Section 1 also sets forth the eligibility requirements for the office of the president, provides procedures in case of a presidential vacancy, and requires the president to take an oath of office.

Article Two of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Last edited:

A meningless gesture of stupidity, but Colorado can do this if they want. There are no provisions in the COTUS for how states must count votes towards their electoral votes.

Theoretically, and realistically states aren't even required to base their electoral votes on anything. Colorado has 9 electoral votes, the state legislature could just appoint 9 people as electoral voters and totally ignore the people of Colorado if they so chose.

The myth that you have a right to vote in the Presidential election is just that , a myth.

What you said is the exact truth. The Constitution says several things about EVs.
1) It gives a formula for determining how many a State has. If you know how many a State has, it's easy to determine how many seats it has one the HoR by subtracting 2. That part of the COTUS includes who can't be an elector.

2) Electors cast two votes of which one can't be from their State.

3) Who counts and how the votes are counted.

4) How many it takes to win and what happens if no one gets that amount or a tie occurs

5) What determines the winner of the VP

The 12th amendment modified portions of #4 and #5 due to issues created by political parties becoming part of the process. As you stated, nothing about how a State picks it electors and nothing about how a State divides them just that a State must use them. Nebraska and Maine divide by congressional district with a bonus of 2 for the overall popular vote winner in that State. The concept of popular votes within a State determining the electors, while done by all States, isn't required.

The concept of popular votes within a State determining the electors, while done by all States, isn't required.

I have been living in Texas all my life (67 years) and at no time, either in public school or through local news have I ever been asked to vote for an electoral college member or even told who/what they are. This still remains a secret to most of our Texas voters and my bet is this holds true for other states as well.

In this case, silence IS NOT golden.
:)-

Forum List

Back