Colorado has shown us the way!

Huh?
What does "Law: just bar from running" mean?
If you mean that Congress can pass a law preventing Trump from running, they can't. For starters, that sounds an awful lot like a bill of attainder. Second, the Constitution lays out who can and can't run for office, and preventing someone from running would require a constitutional amendment.
But maybe that's not what you meant, so please explain.
Maybe they were discussing an Amendment?
There was a discussion on which was better, Impeachment or an Amendment to bar Trump from office.

You are factually incorrect. Trump was defendant in the lawsuit and his lawyers presented their case before the judge.

Glad I could help correct your error. Please let me know if there’s anything further I can assist you with.
Arrogance and rank ignorance, your hallmark. Kudos

You are factually incorrect. Trump was defendant in the lawsuit and his lawyers presented their case before the judge.

Glad I could help correct your error. Please let me know if there’s anything further I can assist you with.

Still wrong. A state can set their own rules for state elections but not federal elections. The constitution provides the rules on federal elections and a state does not override the constitution.

Not to jump in, but...

My argument is that the three CO dissenting opinions are correct,
Here is the Chief Justice Samour's opinion:

Samour wrote that the decision to bar Trump from the primary ballot "flies in the face of the due process doctrine." The litigation in the case, Samour continued, "fell woefully short of what due process demands."

Maybe they were discussing an Amendment?
There was a discussion on which was better, Impeachment or an Amendment to bar Trump from office.
In the dissent? Not really. The dissent was focused on whether the court allowed enough time for Trump to defend himself from the allegation. Not a frivolous argument, but ultimately not successul in the court's opinion.

Still wrong. A state can set their own rules for state elections but not federal elections. The constitution provides the rules on federal elections and a state does not override the constitution.
No one overrode the constitution. The fact remains that Trump was a party to the lawsuit.

Not to jump in, but...

My argument is that the three CO dissenting opinions are correct,
Here is the Chief Justice Samour's opinion:

Samour wrote that the decision to bar Trump from the primary ballot "flies in the face of the due process doctrine." The litigation in the case, Samour continued, "fell woefully short of what due process demands."
The Colorado law stipulates how quickly these proceedings are supposed to take. The judge is saying that the Colorado law should not be followed.

At worst, that means the court has longer to consider the facts, but given we all actually know the facts about January 6th, I doubt the court would reach a substantially different opinion on the issue.

I'm told that resorting to name calling is a sign of losing an argument.

I accept your concession.
No name calling, just mocking your rank ignorance and and the arrogance with which you flout it

I'd correct your ignorance, but is more fun watching you dig deeper

No name calling, just mocking your rank ignorance and and the arrogance with which you flout it

I'd correct your ignorance, but is more fun watching you dig deeper
Oh, okay. Your standard for what constitutes name calling is different than everyone else’s.

In that case, I’ll mock your complete stupidity, your total ineducability and gross flatulence.

No one overrode the constitution. The fact remains that Trump was a party to the lawsuit.

Yes they did. Presidential elections are federal elections. Civil lawsuits have no precedence over federal law, unless the case has been ruled on by a federal court.

You folks are going for a desperate last ditch Hail Mary pass and your going to end up with your pants falling down and egg all over your face.

I'm loving it. :laughing0301:

Yes they did. Presidential elections are federal elections. Civil lawsuits have no precedence over federal law, unless the case has been ruled on by a federal court.

You folks are going for a last ditch Hail Mary pass and your going to end up with your pants falling down and egg all over your face.

I'm loving it. :laughing0301:
This is gibberish.

Oh, okay. Your standard for what constitutes name calling is different than everyone else’s.

In that case, I’ll mock your complete stupidity, your total ineducability and gross flatulence.

And now the lashing out. Outstanding Marener. Kudos. Keep digging, your providing us all with some delicious entertainment.

Because Biden refuses to adhere to US immigration laws, he has become lawleess.

As such, he should not be on the ballot in any of the 50 states, especially at the border states where they are abused the most by Biden and his lawless regime, Congress, and Judicial branch that does nothing about it.

It's time for change.
He is an insurrectionist for aiding and abedding invaders coming over the Southern border. It's an open and shut case.

I think the evidence is overwhelming. The Democrat and Republican parties are both plotting to take over the government! All D and R candidates should be excluded from ballots until we can get to the bottom of this.

Forum List

Back